Hero 32 HAS TO come out on 2019

Well, the news reporter was shown the silhouettes of 4 new heroes, but it’s really hard to conclude much from that. Are they going to be released with the release of the game? Are they heroes that they are developing now and might be released after OW2 goes live, or even before it does? Are there other heroes they’re planning but haven’t started working on yet, and so didn’t have the models to show? Are there other heroes they have completely finished but decided not to show for another reason I haven’t conceived of here?

:man_shrugging:

Either way, the point is we don’t really know anything yet, so it makes sense to mention that when we’re talking about it, instead of talking about how many heroes there will be as though that has been officially announced.

Why do people do this? It was perfectly clear from the context what he meant and yet people jump on it like he literally meant it was written in the constitution…

It’s so unnecesary.

Because it sounds like he’s stating it as some immutable , carved in stone rule that it follows. That’s why.

:man_facepalming:

No. I’m not, my whole point is none of us have any idea, my problem lies with the fact that you’re pretending that you do.

If a random mate tells you “Tesla is going to start selling personal electric helicopters next year.” and you say “They never said they would, you have no evidence of that”, would you accept “you seem awfully convinced that what I’m saying is wrong.” as a valid answer? I sure wouldn’t. I don’t know if it’s wrong, for all I know they might. But that person is just guessing and pretending their guesses are facts, and that’s what I have a problem with.

I have a problem with baseless claims.

Claims like this one. No, “at least one” means “at least one”, it doesn’t mean 1. You’re just making baseless claims to further your own agenda, and you have literally zero proof of it.

I don’t know how many we’ll get. It might be one, it might be 2, or 3, or 4. It might even be more. I don’t know. But I don’t claim to know, unlike you.

:man_facepalming:

Right, because we all known Blizzard likes to announce things way ahead of time. That’s why we always know the next three heroes coming, and big features like role queue are announced a year ahead of time.

Oh wait. They don’t, they’re always very secretive with their content until it’s right around the corner.

Once again, more baseless claims to further your agenda. I’m starting to see a pattern.

No, it isn’t. Yet another baseless claim. :tired_face:

The only “insider information” is the powerpoint presentation which shows the silhouettes of 4 new heroes. We have no idea what the deal with those heroes is. Are they the only 4 heroes coming with the release of Overwatch 2? Are they 4 of the X heroes coming with it? Are they the 4 heroes far enough in the development process to have a character model created?

Hell, with no release date in mind, I doubt even Blizzard themselves know exactly how many new heroes Overwatch 2 will bring.

But it is. It literally is. Blizzard has never stated any of the things you claim, and you behave like they have. It’s literally a fabrication on your part.

There is also baptiste. Took a while for people to get used to him, but he is fairly balanced.

1 Like

He looks pretty good on paper, in game though most don’t really seem to like him. There isn’t a real reason to pick him over Ana in most situations and using both him and Ana is usually a bad idea.

His popularity is on the rise lately, but that is mostly due to rampant nerfs to other support hero’s. First month or so when he came out almost no one really used him, and I don’t think he was in OWL at all really.

I really don’t understand where the value of OW2 is when they just stop updating OW1 with new heroes (in PvP, i’m not counting the PvE)

We don’t know when OW2 will launch, but if it’s a year that’s 3 heroes that we are missing so that would mean that; let’s say OW2 launch with 3 new heroes, It would be like we got nothing for a whole year and those 3 heroes should’ve come out already “in OW1” so PvP players just lose here i think.

There is no win if you don’t get any content for a year of 8 months…it just kills the playerbase.

I dunno if my argument is clear here…

This isn’t the case anymore. Jeff said they will release at least one more new hero before Overwatch 2. However we’re not guaranteed any more than one.

You understand that new heroes are for both PVP and PVE right? And people who own OW1 will get all the PVP updates.

Yes i know that

So your problem is that you feel we lose out on those 3 heroes because we can’t play them till OW2 comes out… even though you still technically get them eventually?

So…for you getting 6 new heroes (3 pre-OW2; 3 on OW2-launch) is the same as getting 3 new heroes on OW2 launch?

That’s mathematical…we are missing out on 3 heroes. I don’t care which ones are on OW2’s launch it makes no difference for me but who knows which ones we could have gotten in the meantime?

They are holding down ow1 content to put it into ow2 at this point…and at that point it’s now “ow2 content” but it’s “ow1 content” that we should have gotten.
I don’t think the game can survive for ONE YEAR (of course i’m glad if i’m wrong) without content.

1 Like

We are given information. I have relayed that information. Ultimately

I’m going to guess January. They like to do things for each month so…

Nov: OW2 and new season map pool
Dec: Winter Wonderland
Jan: ??? (new hero I think)
Feb: Lunar event
March: ???
April: archives (no newmission)
May: Anniversary
June: ???
July: Summer Games
Aug: ??
Sept: ??
Oct: Halloween

To add to this point;

Overwatch 1 was a dumpster fire for over a year and they have done next to nothing to fix it. Hero balance is a dead meme, the devs are silent on all fronts, the lore is literally being saved for a cash grab. The map design of the newest maps are so sub par they injected a system that bans maps for a season and started it with the two maps people rage quit out of the most.

Remember if they had any sort of ideal balance scheme that would be used in OW2 that could work wouldn’t they have implemented sooner to appease its widely ignored base.

Now they are letting this game go in favor of the next one that will supposedly usher in the new golden age that will satisfy both pvp and pve players. But they can’t even handle the base version that will still have the same component in the sequel.

This all seems sketchy and likely that the next part of the game will fall flat once the shiny has worn off.

1 Like

I hope we get Hero 32 soon but the tradition was that a new hero was announced at BlizzCon and that didn’t happen this year…Soujorn doesn’t count.

I wouldn’t be surprised that Hero 32 doesn’t come until BlizzCon 2020.

2 Likes

They said that they will not be releasing any new content for Overwatch. I agree that it is wrong. What makes it even worse is the fact that Overwatch 2 still doesn’t have an official release date. It could be in March, or December next year, or August in like 4 years. Noone knows.
The announcement of Overwatch 2 felt more like damage control to distract people from the Hong Kong fiasco. What truly makes me sad is that the devs care about the game so much ever since they announced Overwatch 2 and it just generally feels like there is more communication between the devs and the community, yet Blizzard treats the entire Overwatch project like an unwanted child (at least I get the feeling that they do).

They need to cover up for HS fiasco.

Releasing 3 heroes/ year for a multimillionare company was still slow af. New heroes with new playstyles are the true content for this game, they keep the game alive.
At least if we would have AT LEAST 10 tank and 10 supports than we could say that we should just be patient cuz you could choose to master so many playstyles but as long as we have only 2 aim hit-scan required support it’s boring af to play the same heroes…

I mean i get it. To make something work they need money. I would be so happy to pay 10$ every month if it would mean that we get a new hero or any content like every 2 months or so…

2 Likes

So can hero 33, 34, 35, etc. come out before OW2