Hero 30 will be an effeminate male character 💖

yes i do! Gimme all the cute boys!

What/who is this Gamergate??

Next character should be LGBQ black ginger with asian facial features. Nobody needs this . We need a new good main tank so tank playerbase gets back a little and there will be less solo roadhog tank setups. Don’t listen to this crap , just give good gameplay.

Don’t we have enough of those bores already?

Don’t we? Isn’t Lucio already a male version of Tracer pretty much?

Same, idk why other gay dudes take it personally if a character has feminine stereotypes they might not personally have. Every game representation out there nowadays have masc gay dudes.
I’m not effeminate on the surface but I have a lot of friends that are and it’s not a bad thing to have characters out there with stereotypes that actually do exist irl. It’s also not bad to have those traits. Lol gay dudes always get offended at the effeminate sterotypes as if it’s not based in reality.

Might as well mix it up. Also feminine=/=gay.

2 Likes

Alright, name one. Meanwhile, on female side we have a: Doctor (Mercy), Engineer (Brigitte). Both the Scientist (Mei) and Architect (Symmetra) are arguably good looking as well.

Meanwhile we have:
Mccree who is a cowboy redneck.
Soldier who is a jarhead.
Reaper is a specops, and definitely not a looker.
Lucio is a DJ who is almost as short as Torbjorn.
Reinhardt doesn’t strike me as an intellectual type.
Hanzo is a yakuza.
Genji was a playboy, and someone who in Hanzo’s words was irresponsible.

Doomfist is a boxer. Interestingly, out of all of them he actually might have a phD. However, he punches people to death… so eh. He seems more interested in bettering him self in other ways given the amount of cybernetic enhancements. Boxers aren’t the most intellectual types either, given the amount of head injuries they get.

Junkrat is a self taught explosive expert and certainly doesn’t fit the bill for good looking.
Roadhog - no.
Torbjorn - no.

Not Humans:
Winston - no.
Hammond - no.
Zen is a monk.

Name one good looking responsible male character that we know has a PhD and is straight.

2 Likes

hmm… nah :smile:

isn’t that just bastion?

Fine, we can we have an attack helicopter as a gender then? Would play that in Overwatch.

Exactly. I agree with all of this, as I have ran into it many times. My more feminine or effeminate gay friends wholly embrace it and if they’re insulted, they take it as a compliment.

My more masculine gay friends get so offended by any gay stereotypes and try to be everything that isn’t stereoptypical, which I believe comes from some form of insecurity or hatred for the stereotypes themselves.

On the outside, I don’t seem to be gay, but the more people get to know me, the more stereotypical I’ll get when I’m trying to be humorous or light-hearted. Some of my friends will even call me fabulous, even if I don’t inherently seem that way, which I’m perfectly okay with. Because I know I have both nonstereotypical traits and stereotypical ones, which is fine. You just have to embrace who you truly are.

We seem to have gotten very psychological and personal. Wtf happened? XD

2 Likes

Yes, they did. So here is a fun little history lesson

Both the Ancient Greeks and Samurai practiced homosexuality because they viewed it as being very manly

There was no concept of gay or straight to the ancient greeks, only tops or bottoms. Because of this, many “manly” greek heroes and gods had boyfriends, which includes sexual and romantic

Some examples; Apollo and Hycanith (Spartan guy who was killed by Zephyr), Ganymede and Zeus, Hercules and his like multiple boyfriends, and Achilles and some guy who’s name I forgot

I know they did, i’m not saying they didn’t.
I was more hinting at the fact that the other guys they slept with weren’t always men.

i’ve seen someone defend themselves for saying slurs because its their “gamer word” i love video games, but gaming culture is pretty toxic.

1 Like

I have a source who says it’s going to be Shore Leave from Venture Bros.

Except being a bottom meant you were weaker, younger, or of a lower status. It wasn’t exactly a sweet love affair by any means (of course some examples prob were though). And by younger they meant prepubescent to young adults (12ish to 20ish) since the passive had yet to grow body hair and weren’t a man yet. A lot of the terms the Greek used for the lovers was based on the dominant being a man and the younger being referenced as a child or young boy. The examples are usually historical in this manner, with more of the mythical heroes of Greece getting updates from later Greeks to have relations with slightly older males (older in reference to the normal age of pre-pubescent).

Haven’t a damn clue about Japan and porkin dude practices.

Patroclus is the friend of Achilles you are referencing I’m pretty sure btw :wink:

2 Likes

i think junkrat is too ugly for most people’s tastes :frowning:

i get that flamboyant gay characters are bit overrepreseted but here’s nothing wrong with being flamboyant or effeminate. i know plenty of gay effeminate men and even some straight effeminate men, and it would nice for them to be represtened. i mean we got soldier who’s manly and gay so if we did get an effeminate male (gay or not) it wouldn’t be bad because we already have soldier who subverts it. so i don’t see the problem with having an effeminate male.