Here's why Spin2Win is problematic

Sure… for skilled enough players. Believe it or not, there are players and ranks who can’t delete a Ball spinning full speed in 2 seconds. Believe it or not… in some ranks teams aren’t even able to kill a spinning Ball in 6 seconds due to lack of team focus fire & lack of mechanical aim. Infinite spin2win should be removed because it’s not possible at high ranks & is detrimental to low ranks. The only reason this specific balance change isn’t good is because it effects more than just low rank infinite spin2win

2 Likes

You struggle to kill a ball that has some of the most predictable movement in the game when its spinning in ball form…

You’re bronze right?

1 Like

no its not
but that doesn’t mean you nerf the hero

this is like a bastion or phara situation
you don’t nerf them because low ranked players can’t aim or dont know how to counter bunker

once again not ball’s problem

2 Likes

You’ve supported OP’s point, Bronze players very likely feel like infinite Spin2win is OP since they aren’t very mechanically skilled & their teams don’t focus fire very well. I don’t see why it should stay in the game.

That’s a reasonable take I can fully agree with. Anything above 2300SR could do this if they just saw the Ball coming I’d say, but then again that’s an estimation and probably not in 2 seconds yeah. The CC heroes are an option but if you’re not that good at the game then you’re probably not going to do counter-picking strategies to close out the game or probably wanna switch heroes off from your mains which might not have that to begin with.

1 Like

I’ve since thought of a way to remove spin2win without effecting other techs/strategies for Ball for skilled players

1 Like

Spin2iwin is awful because stalling is awful. It’s boring. That of course is just my opinion since what is fun or interesting is very subjective.

Doesn’t anyone plan ahead? If I see a ball, and I can’t handle the ball, I’ve already swapped to Hog or something. In overtime, I’m already hog hooking ball.

2 Likes

I’ve since come up with a solution to this change people are unhappy about. Removes spin2win for low ranks without hurting higher ranks much at all

You must be a rare breed around here

Yes, so pharah should definitely get the same treatment and be forced to land after 6 seconds.

That’s not a bad idea at all. I see the main idea of this is to retain strats like waiting while hooked, but add a downside to spinning to stall. Seems like it could work, but I know blizzard would look at this and go "No, what we need to do is reduce Ball’s max health, too.

Sign the petition for not having the game balanced around metal bobs.

I disagree.

:laughing: Hopefully that’s not what they take away from this lol.

Say it louder OP for the people in the back!

Junkrat, Doomfist, Brig, Rein, Pharah, Lucio Ana, Roadhog, Orisa, McCree, Sombra, Bastion, Sigma, Symmetra, Wrecking Ball, and Mei are all strong against Spin2Win.

That’s half the cast of Overwatch!!

If anything, it forces Ball players to be more erratic. You can’t endlessly spin anymore, so you need to know when to disengage and re-engage. This could be even beneficial for stalling, because Ball players will become more unpredictable.

It’s okay, I’ve come up with a change that I think would nerf Spin2win without effecting other Ball tricks/strategies. Let me know what you guys think :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, sure, spin2win was stupid, but did it have to be This nerf?

It gets rid of many things that weren’t problems, like hanging above the enemies to engage them when they pass through, using the grapple to prepare to roll through enemies that are about to peek, hanging on a wall on a cliff in attempt to get back up, trapping enemies in a corridor by grappling back and forth, and also just meme spin2win that you do with your friend in a pre-game deathmatch.

1 Like

Yeah everything you mentioned is why Ball is so hard countered by heroes like Sombra, Mei, Hog… etc.

Ball players used to moan endlessly about all the hard counters he has in this game, well now we know why lol… but apparently hard counters aren’t enough.