Here's hoping jspecs replaces him

Here’s hoping Jon Spector takes up the reins.

[The Esports Observer] Source: Pete Vlastelica Steps Down as Overwatch League Commissioner : Competitiveoverwatch

Huh

Double huh

Funny I just came from reddit and I was wondering if you had seen this :sweat_smile:

That exact comment even

1 Like

So she is Vince McMahon, the CDL commissioner is Teddy Long and there’s a vacancy to be Mick Foley.

It’d be nice for the new OWL commissioner to be someone who legit cares about OWL instead of some outsider from traditional sports. JSpecs has also shown an interest in boosting T2 so that’s always nice.

so um…why does this really mean and (Not being rude) why should I, a consumer, care?

Will there be changes?

Because Jspecs is a cool dude who genuinely cares about the performance of OWL esports, and really “gets it”.

1 Like

so does that mean I can finally get tokens from watching (I have only gotten like 3 and that was a long time ago)

Probably? Tbh, just log in to the OverwatchWatchLeague.com to be sure, and stream it there.

But really, if you want somebody who will get things done right, jspecs all the way.

welp…if im understanding both links up top…it sounds as if the spot is technically still available…so theres still a chance he does?

Or nothing changes and he’s just the VP of OWL esports, and serves as the effective president, because there is no president.

And maybe that’s for the best, since jspecs is good at operations, but maybe not great at being a figurehead and fundraising.

They got a CoD person to take over? J.Faries. That’s worrisome. She looks like an MBA with 2 kids raised by Xbox. Time for Blizz to part ways with ATVI corporate. Bring back PC-centric gaming and grass-roots esports.