Have you gotten in?

Hi folks,

No additional updates to share tonight (it is 12:18 AM as of this post). The community team will keep checking in on things in the forum first thing in the morning, and we’ll update you as we’re able.

For those still waiting, thank you

10 Likes

Almost 6:30pm here and I’ve been trying to get into the game since 7am, so over 11 hours for me at this point.

Does this mean that the devs have called it for the day, or are they still working on the issue? Some of us would still like to be able to play the game today if possible, especially considering I took the day off work to play Overwatch 2. I could’ve worked a full day and would’ve only been waiting 3 hours thus far if I had.

I know games can have day 1 launch issues but 11 hours? This is ridiculous. It’s beyond a joke at this point.

And it’s not like we can even go back and play Overwatch while we wait for the technical issues and bugs to be resolved, either!

There better be a real good compensation pack on offer for your players after this complete and utter debacle.

6 Likes

Xbox Console player from the United Kingdom
Attempted sign in from 8pm GMT - to - 12am GMT
Persistent failures
It is now 08:26 am
Persistent failures in the form of LO-208 error

I’d appreciate it if blizzard would either let me into the game they are forcing as a substitute to OW1 or, as an alternative, return overwatch to its clearly more stable predecessor

3 Likes

Unlikely to happen imo. Acti-blizz are more than likely going to hand us a paltry copper or two’s worth of currency, point fingers and sweep this under the rug. They are in real danger of losing all credibility.

2 Likes

They already lost all their credibility with letting Overwatch die, the lawsuit business, the debacle that was World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, and the despicable predatory nature of Diablo: Immortal.

Overwatch 2 was meant to be the start of their redemption arc. In that regard, they’ve failed miserably by still not having the login issues resolved in the over 12 hours it’s been since launch.

4 Likes

People are still working on the issue.

9 Likes

Okay. Thank you for the clarification.

Still not happy about having wasted an entire day off work waiting to be able to get into the game and am certainly hoping that there will be some form of compensation offered to your players for this massive inconvenience.

8 Likes

I could get in (xbox) at 6 am (Germany) in the morning, :laughing: when I woke up early. Sadly I had to leave 4 work after a few practice matches. :sweat_smile:

Lucky you got in. Ive been in stuck in deathloop for 12 hours. Man im dead :skull:

1 Like

I have nothing to do today fortunately, so i will be making attempts every hour, on the hour, until the early evening where i will return here with a few well curated notes of my customer experience.

So far its painfully obvious i’m not going to be providing a good review of my experience.

2 Likes

I got in on my PS4 but all my skins, stats, etc are missing from Overwatch 1. I did the account merge but nothing. And there is an account merge button in OW2 but when I click it nothing happens. What do I do if it’s treating me like a new player? Everything is locked etc I’m pissed…

1 Like

For me enough compensation would be to make those old (2018) Valiant, Shock and Mayhem skins available again. Hell, I’ll pay for them, just make them available to purchase. Even that is wishful thinking though, I know.

1 Like

Sat in queue to get into the game from 9:30 UK time till 2am while I made dinner and played other games, every time I got to 2000 players ahead of me it would reset back to 40k players in front.

Logged in at 9:30am today and I’m just getting an unexpected server issue and being logged out.

1 Like

I was able to get in but, ALL of my progress was gone, I am being treated like a new player having to play the training room just to unlock quick play. All of my stats, settings, heros, skins, sprays, voicelines, everything is gone.

5 Likes

15 hours in, still ZERO successful logins. I haven’t even seen the main menu yet. This is a very bad joke at this point. I keep getting a Login Error “disconnected from game server. (LC-208)” every single time.

5 Likes

Hey Andy B give me a Riot Gun Buddy

I’m on the exact same boat. Almost 16hours pressing the A button … It’s torture :pleading_face:

It will all be worth it though when we do finally get in.

Dear devs: remember to drink water, eat, rest up and don’t over stress.

1 Like

After researching the error LC-208 seems to be an issue with the server reports are saying. Previously it was parental controls issue. From looking at everything I believe it’s the migration issue as people who haven’t merged their accounts seem to be in on Xbox and PS5.
I could be wrong but that’s where I’m up to! Just hope the tech guys get some sleep and are able to get this sorted today. <3

1 Like

Switch your region to Asia and you will login instantly

1 Like