Hateful and sexist players

Well at the very least that’s what they told us. And thats for permanent bans at the very least.

I would like to believe humans actually read them but Ive seen no evidence of such, blizz is short staffed and don’t have time to deal with pety reports and kids being kids. I think they rely on the system to do it and I think it does a fairly decent job, there are witch hunts here and there where you can get a full 6 stack to report someone for Whatever they want, thats where the system fails but most of the time it works at the 90% level

Now are their nasty people out there yes but if you ever watched guy make friends with each other (i know from many years of experience) we raz and insult each other and knowing we both can take what we dish out we joke and laugh with each other, i am teaching my daughter that if you dish it out you have to be able to take it as well especial when you want guy friends

this is disappointing people are still replying. let. it. die.

Not all reports just the accounts that start racking them up, As in accounts that are in line for banning be it cheating or otherwise.

they even showed us that they recorded matchs like our replays, like a year before we got replays.

I saw JM talking about this its terrible

You realize that this threat will not die if you keep posting these, right?

1 Like

Some kids have too much time on their hands. Maybe they should make an association of girls, fighting for strong and independent sexy women in Blizzard online entertainment products.

While at it, maybe we should fight for their rights against violence too. Have you seen how violent this game really is? It’s all about killing and aggressiveness. What about peace and unicorns and sexy pink environment? We need to change this game, by legal enforcement, to teach them all a lesson about how strong women can be.

well, someone has to say it. people are gonna keep going. so, lets be done here.

TBH I never do any of this sexist BS but when I do you’re damn right that I’m gonna stand up to them and help them.

Male or Female, It doesn’t matter. Games are for everyone.

1 Like

Everyone has occasional bad experiences of someone being rude and mean to them in this game. Why do you think you are special?

1 Like

There is a way to deal with that education. If people were educated then they werent nasty to people they dont know. That’s what education is for.

No matter the education there will always be nasty mean people, it is part of human nature that will never change

2 Likes

Yeah, let’s take away from the problem at hand.

Go create another thread for that. No one said it was fine that hateful women do that. Not a single person, so why pull that sort of logic here? But it is safe to assume (basing in the number of active females) the male on female harassment is a significantly higher number. Fixing the one, will tend to sort out the other inadvertently.

1 Like

Name calling is a hugely different topic than actual sexual harassment. Please.

The poking is using the voice chat so you can utilise the tools Overwatch gave you to have a successful game. We want to use the tools.

Did you just say being a female happens to be unlucky? Wow… That is a really terrible mindset.

These toxic people just need to be shut down so we can ALL have an enjoyable time playing the game with the tools provided. Coms and reports.

Na bro, say it with me, “bickering and discrimination are two different things” Such privileged ignorance. It baffles me how stupid you are.

1 Like

Females get attacked way more, 4 times more.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mcvuk.com/business-news/consoles/female-gamers-are-4x-more-likely-to-be-harassed-online-than-men/

So what does that tell you? Yes you get ragged to be on a little bit. But it’s worse for females.

2 Likes

Everyone, I repeat:

She is not “twisting” the issue to make it look like it only happens to females. She is talking about her OWN experience AS a female. Because there are some aspects of this scenario that may not necessarily apply to all verbal abuse cases (for example, the use of specifically misogynistic insults).

Also of note, the way that the offender interfered with her ability to make callouts. Given the description of the offender’s behavior, it can be safely assumed that this was also motivated by misogyny; it is likely that a misogynist would never allow a female to do what he sees as being “in charge”, as he sees females as inferior and incompetent.

Merely addressing one particular part of a larger problem (abuse in OW as a whole) does not somehow imply that the rest of the problem does not matter. Of course it matters.

And by the way, as long as these sorts of cases keep happening in the game, there will ALWAYS be threads about them. Because after experiencing something like this, wanting to talk about it is a perfectly natural human response.

If you’re the kind of person with “thick skin” who doesn’t “let it get to” you, then good for you. That’s great. Just don’t bully the people who DO feel hurt by this sort of thing and make them feel worse than they already do.

I’m not saying just gently advising someone on the benefits of having thick skin is bullying. I know that’s well-meaning advice, even if for some people it’s much easier said than done. Some people are just more emotional than others.

It’s the people who use the “thick skin” thing as a way to TAUNT the victim that I really take issue with. The same people who like to throw the words “snowflake” and “attention-seeking” around every time someone is actually emotionally hurt and comes seeking support. That is outright bullying, and will not be tolerated.

It’s really sad that it always has to end up like this. It’s not right.

8 Likes

Treat sexist/racist crap as seriously as cheating.

If someone is repeatedly verbally abusive in chat and it is reported and confirmed multiple times, they have records. If they work anything like any modern company, each account has tickets about calls/emails in from that account and about that account. And the company owes it to their own staff and to their other customers to fire the customers who are jerks.

5 Likes