Hateful and sexist players

• Microphone Volume 30%
  • Block {Abuser}
  • Report {Abuser}
  • Repeat
2 Likes

Making these posts is not going to do any more than the last post or the one before that. There is a system set up for reporting, muting, and avoiding. While I think the third option is woefully underpowered (they should be permanent blocks and a lot more than 3- if someone has trouble queuing because they get blocked by a bunch of people, too bad), this isnā€™t going to do anything.

You cannot control what other people do. Even complaining on the internet has limited power. At some point, use the tools you have. Mute them. Report them. Even play without voice chat if itā€™s bad enough (pssstā€¦ the game can still be fun). Or find a group.

These are things that can actually improve your experience.

2 Likes

Mute them.

Problem fixed.

The full game I had to hear them say vulgar things to me

Wait, I donā€™t understand. Did the mute button vanish? Was there a bug that made you unable to click it? Did your mouse disconnect and you couldnā€™t do anything?

I know, victim blaming blah blah blah. But reasonable people have to accept that if I go around shouting the Lordā€™s Prayer in an IS headquarter itā€™s somewhat a bad idea and me getting beheaded then is partially my fault. I know this is an extreme analogy, but every minute of harassment you endured beyond the point where you could mute them is on you. Sorry.

5 Likes

report and move onā€¦

3 Likes

Same here but, Iā€™m a guy who according to some 9 year old ā€œsounded gayā€ so henceforth I am gay (Iā€™m ace btw)

Always the 9 year old genji player

3 Likes

I report them every chance I get. Whether itā€™s against me, or not.

I know her pain as a fellow female gamer, but I know most of them are just looking for the easiest insult, and my gender is that.

Every single time I load up OW, Iā€™ll get a notification that my report was acted on. Itā€™s an endless fight.

5 Likes

Sexism is used because most of the players dont have the brain capacity to think of something original. Ive always (in my opinion) had a 50/50 dice roll whenever I get a female in my games. Either they solo q and everything goes smoothly, just normal games. Or sheā€™s qd with people and is the most toxic cretin ive had the misfortune of having to converse with. (not to say that all of them are like that, this is just my experience). Ran into a three stack of girls last week. Instantly starting being toxic to this poor lcuio on my team, basically bullied him, other tank (this was a guy) Jumped on the band wagon, either attempting to save his own skin or to get some sort of validation. These kind of events are always a coin flip on how they go. Im sorry to hear that this happened to you. Best advice would to be to find at least a 3 stack to play with, then even if the other three get toxic youā€™ve got 2 others to back you.

2 Likes

It would be easier to report if replays would record ingame text and voice chat.

2 Likes

It may come to you as a surprise but if I tell people to stop feeding, to stop staggering or to swap to a better situational pick they may be less than receptive. In fact they will often be outright aggressive and insulting. It is no surprise to me that when there is a woman saying those things they might instead of being generally toxic in response would be particularly toxic in some way about their gender. And due to many midlets sensitivity to idiots making go back to the kitchen jokes there is a good chance that they would find sexist toxicity to have worked very well in the past and be encouraged to bring it back up. But tldr if you see every refusal to listen to your shot calls as stemming from your gender (rather than peoples general abrassiveness and stubbornness) then you will see no end to your persecution or inequality. After all you are using every instance of something not going your way as proof that you are being disadvantaged based on the arbitrary. If you were a man the entire team of random people would follow all your directions without question. How unlucky

2 Likes

What a fun thread. Lets make a general issue affecting everyone (toxicity) specific to girls only (sexism) and call it a day.

I have female named accounts and besides of getting different insults, the amount is still the same.

Also blizzard wont change from posts on their forums, where they can simply delete them if they get big enough to make a difference.

1 Like

yeah just hire one person per comp game cuz thats definitely possible

1 Like

Get in a feminist non-profit organization and sue them, like all independent women do.

Yes itā€™s sickening, all you can do though is right click > report > abusive chat.

The punishment system is incredibly lax, it takes them to many reports (maybe around 30-50) then they get silenced if itā€™s their first offense.

If they do it again shortly after their first offense no warnings and they get a suspension for 2-3 weeks. (after 20-50 reports)

A third time around they get no warnings and another suspension for a month (after 20-50 reports)

4th time, I believe itā€™s another suspension (20-50 reports)

5th time = perma ban (after 20-50 reports)

Report them for abusive chat. Do enough and they will be silenced and eventually flagged.

1 Like

What do you mean ā€œand eventually flaggedā€ the silence is the first action. If they constantly break the rules theyā€™ll eventually no longer be silenced and will just keep getting suspended and eventually perma banned.

I know this cause it happened to someone I know who was constantly toxic and never learned from all the actions to his account and he lost it.

1 Like

The flagged part is for manual review, as once they get enough reports the system at hand will pass it to a customer support individaul.

1 Like

Only strong and independent women around hereā€¦

1 Like

oh my god. LET THIS THREAD DIE.

I do not believe an actual human reads these reports, the system is fully automated.

they just children crying for attention. Mute.

2 Likes