Has Jeff given up on mercy?

because they didn’t actually listen or read to our feedback. We could’ve very well added counterplay to mass rez.

No

U

:rofl:

She still has to wait for someone to die to rez them. I often tempo-rezzed one or two people in the Mercy 1.x era, because waiting for your entire team to die to get “more value” from your ultimate was often suboptimal play, and unnecessarily risky.

And what you are describing about bad Mercy players dying every 30 seconds while they are trying to rez, is the lower end of the skill spectrum. That has nothing to do with Mercy’s skill-ceiling. Getting rez off, even with cast-timer, is not difficult. It is not difficult to pick your targets either, because it’s usually pretty obvious which team-members can be rezzed safely and which can’t. It doesn’t really require a lot of game-sense. It’s a matter of “is there cover near the dead body” and “will any of my team-members die while I’m not healing them because I’m rezzing someone”. That’s as hard as that decision gets.

If you find new Mercy more fun, then good for you. I do not, so I will continue to argue my points. You are of course free to enjoy Mercy as she is now even if I’m not.

1 Like

I seriously cannot not fathom how you don’t understand even a slither of the hundreds of words in this thread.

For my finale, if I may make an allusion to modern history…
The United States supports a totalitarian in regime in South Vietnam in the 1960s with the only reason being because it was ‘anti-communist’. Clearly the U.S. made several more fundamental misunderstandings which obviously resulted in what happened in the Vietnam War.

Now, could it be that you are caught up in the ‘cold war hysteria’ of Mercy? Anything BUT mass resurrect despite the next iteration being extremely overbearing and dominating despite 11 nerfs? (the recent one, like the 10 prior will not have any significant effect on her place in the game - if you don’t believe it wait a few weeks and check her pick rates). Not only that but the blindless to the vast exaggeration of the power and issues regarding mass resurrect when it is a simple misunderstanding - several small nerfs would have made it much less impactful and less annoying to play against is STAGGERING. If you made it this far through my hysterical Mercy player rant, and you STILL don’t understand even a tiny bit of WHY current Mercy has and continues to be such a huge problem and a rework with the return of her old ultimate would make the game BALANCED then I can’t imagine what will. I put some caps to help you understand.

Because Seabird opinion It’s more important and reach more people than Mercy main’s one but It doesn’t mean he was right. In fact Mercy was reworked after his rants after a complete year of being perfectly fine, but the poor kid high nooned five enemies and a returning from spawn Mercy he didn’t see undone his kills and suddenly Mercy was OP.

1 Like

Because your feedback is not healthy for the game, mass rez is not healthy for the game.

Yeah, overall Mercy is an easy character to play :grinning: There isn’t much complexity to her. But there’s more complexity now than before when pressing Q to rez 5 people.

Feel free, unfortunately facts are facts.

Uhmmm…what?

I understand why you mercy mains want it - having an over tuned hero feels powerful. Rezing 5 people was incredibly powerful. But again, facts are facts. Mass rez was broken and unhealthy for the game. Valkyrie was OP as well. Current Mercy + the newest changes make for a healthier more balanced game.

Yes, I’m sure one person single handed made the development team change Mercy. :rofl:

[quote=“Undertone-2728, post:45, topic:186320”]
mass rez is not healthy for the game.

It was, for a year. Then Blizzard add invulnerabilty during res, and give solid arguments to the ranting babies. Btw, that were the moment where Mercy was completely OP, no way to counter mass res was insane.

1 Like

You couldn’t counter mass rez before that change either since Mercy could rez through solid walls and just needed to be in proximity.

Literally the only way to counter it was if you had a lighting-strike fast reflex Widowmaker player to one shot her before the player pressing Q which happened once in a blue moon.

Not healthy to argue more with you. I’ m not gonna change your mind and no way you’ll change mine. Have a great day.

2 Likes

You too mate, gl hf!

1 Like

I continue to underestimate your naivety…I sincerely hope for the health of this game that people aren’t as ignorant.

Goodbye.

And you know this how? You have access to the game engine and can test everything for yourself or something?

There’s plenty of good feedback for the devs to read and a lot of it sounds to be a lot more balanced then what mercy currently is doing to the state of the game.

this post largely consolidates most of our feedback into 1 thread.

1 Like

Same goes to you my friend. :grinning: But guess who does - oh wait Blizzard does! And what did they do? They removed Mass rez from the game.

And if you think what you presented is facts instead of subjective opinion then I guess trolls are trolls.

1 Like

You really should read.

Blizzard removing mass ressurection is not a fact? Are you disputing that statement? :grinning:

Being a must pick for almost a year as a result of this removal is not a fact either if I were to ask you?

bUt ThE 11tH nErF iS dIfFeReNt

1 Like

If that was the fact you were referring to then I take my comment back. Your post seemed to be more about the subjective opinion that Mercy requires more skill now than before.

Are you back again? I thought you said goodbye :rofl: Mercy has been a must-pick since practically day 1. She is just a really strong hero. And now she is finally being tuned in the right direction. And if she is still strong then they will nerf her again.

It is subjective. Neither you or me possess the data, knowledge and relevant information to make an informed decision. All I can say is that I think mass rez was unhealthy for the game based on the empirical evidence I saw in my games. Is it anecdotal evidence, yes it is. But the fact that Blizzard supported my conclusion tends to be a pretty strong confirmation that my analysis was correct.

They could have responded a long time ago to one of the numerous mega threads explaining their views other than “pickrate” (and that was in some random thread decidedly NOT about Mercy), which was not a concern being discussed ever. But, ya know, that didn’t happen.

Ah the good old days of “get off mercy and go ana stop trolling” and then seeing people say “mercy carried” ugh the nostalgia

2 Likes