Hanzo's hit-reg is atrociously bad!

Sorry off topic but how much CPU does it use up?

It’s super well optimised so nearly none.

I’m running a GTX 970 with an i7 3770k. Pretty old hardware but even with shadow-play running I can cap my FPS to 160 easily.

I don’t know exactly how much CPU it uses but its FPS impact on game is near non-existent.

1 Like

Ohh I use a i5 9600k and 1660ti. I need to look into that. Thanks for the info.

If that is the case, you already have it. :sweat_smile:

If you go into nvidia experience, it is a simple matter of just turning it on.

1 Like

This isn’t just hanzo, many heroes have this problem.
Once I was playing reaper and I landed two full body shots on an ana, it didn’t register AT ALL (40ms)

hm and i thought i was just trash at hanzo :rofl:

Other heroes get no-reg but not nearly as often as Hanzo does.

Hanzo literally gets them every game and can happen multiple times.

I would expect that if I was playing on WIFI with trash internet but I am not.

I am using ethernet with 29ms latency. My internet is frickin good but I get it all the time.

Well that sucks then
I hope they fix it for all heroes though :frowning:

with ana’s messed up hitbox i wouldn’t be surprised if that was the issue lol

2 Likes

:joy:

Ana has a hitbox?!?! I been trying to find it for 3yrs now!

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much, you deserve this if you play Hanzo. Fully 50% of his hits aren’t close enough to actually hit the opponent, or are “headshots” that hit in the lower abdomen. Give him sane hitboxes and maybe we’ll talk.

1 Like

Smallest projectile in the game not small enough for you?

“Smallest projectile in a game where all projectiles are enormous.”

Stop saying “smallest projectile in the game” with no other context as though it means anything. It doesn’t. The arrows are provably ridiculous in terms of hitbox.

2 Likes

Hanzo’s projectiles are not even that much bigger than hit-scan weapons.

You should be complaining about character hitboxes more than Hanzo’s projectile hitbox.

If they were made any smaller, he would just be a 10x harder Widow. Basically a throwpick.

I have complained about other hitboxes. They’re stupid in general in this game, and could be reduced some if we had actual acceleration and stuff.

But Hanzo’s projectiles are still BS design and always will be. He can still be nowhere near you and get gifted a hit over and over again.

2 Likes

For you two as reference

I agree with you. If we actually had acceleration, I would expect all hitboxes to be pixel-perfect.

However, in reality we do not.

Hanzo’s projectile size and large hero hitboxes is literally required!
I don’t know if you were playing the game when the devs made all projectiles pixel-perfect but it literally broke the game!

That is not really true. Show me a video on Hanzo’s screen where one of his projectiles is nowhere near someone and he scores a headshot. Short answer is, you won’t be able to do it.

This only happens to other players fighting against Hanzo due to latency and happens with every hero in the game.

The only reason you notice it with Hanzo is because his projectiles are persistent.

The devs literally programmed his arrows to always been in the enemy character model when a hit occurs. This means that the arrows literally curve into the enemies when a hit is registered.

happens with a lot of heroes. reaper and reinhardt and genji just off the top of my head. there are probably more that are just less noticeable because of big fire rates and spread.

https: //imgur .com/a/t8tJarg

I have so many clips like these. But it happens to every hero. Its just hanzo being more obvious since u do 1 shot and then nothing happens.

When i see this happening in my games is automatically just stop trying as hard.

Junkrat is fine tho? :confused: