Hanzo's hit-reg is atrociously bad!

I can’t get over how bad it is and how long it has been a thing for.

Multiple times per-game you will have your arrows simply passing through peoples heads. If you use shadow-play like me you can literally see the arrow connecting but doing nothing, it is complete BS.

You will get the forum warriors who will then say, “Hanzo’s arrows are BS so this is fine” Which is a complete brain-dead argument.

Firstly that doesn’t magically mean it is ok. It should still be fixed!

Secondly, the BS people see is a reality in all shooter games that have favor the shooter. The only reason you see Hanzo’s arrows doing janky sh*t is because they are a physical projectile that actually stick into enemies. Zen for example is also a projectile hero but his orbs simply disappear on impact.

I don’t see why this BS wasn’t fixed years ago, maybe It can’t be because Overwatch’s netcode is trash or maybe the devs are just being negligent.

Either way, can you just try or explain to us why it can’t be fixed.

4 Likes

I swear 90% of Hanzo players are playing coinflip on McDonald’s wifi. Everytime I see a Hanzo in FFA his arrows are either passing right through me or the guy has packet loss flowing out of his eyes and teleporting all over the place.

But I think in general the netcode is just bad. This game lags harder than Minecraft servers sometimes.

Honestly, him and junkrat need to have their primary reworked

Junkrat is nowhere close has bad has Hanzo

His arrows can either miss or have the most BS hit ive seen, like missing for a mile and getting a headshot cause reasons

1 Like

Junk’s is awful though

The hitreg in the air is 5x larger than the ground

And it’s a daily thing for junk mines to literally pass through me until I’m suddenly hit by one where the knockback juggles me into a second grenade appearing as a one shot

By no means do I think his is as awful as Hanzo’s but neither are anywhere near acceptable imo

Here is the thing, I have literally done EVERYTHING to make my connection better. I have played since 2016 and no matter what I do, BS like this happens to me constantly! In fact sometime it is actually better when my internet is worse.

I upgraded from a tp-link to an ethernet cable.

I upgraded my ethernet cable from cat-6 to cat-7.

I bought a shorter ethernet cable. 30m to 15m.

I went into my router to activate QOS to make sure no one one is hogging all the bandwidth.

I upgraded my internet speed.

I am currently sitting on 29ms latency with no packet loss or disconnect problems and I still get this sh*t all the time.

Don’t know what more I can do except move house into the server room of Overwatch.

1 Like

The OW servers are probably in Antarctica. Things like no reg dragon blades and 50/50 charges still happen.

Every since they nerfed his projectile size, I have literally been watching his bombs go through my face and body. I would even go as far to say that, in my experience, his fire is worse.

Here is the thing. Hanzo missing and getting a headshot literally never happens on Hanzo’s screen.

Like I have never seen my arrow changing direction to get a headshot. I have seen it against enemy Hanzo’s that are shooting at me but it makes sense why it happens!

The devs actually talked about this all the way back in 2016.

Hanzo’s arrows when they hit someone use to simply float in the air, nowhere need the character model.

This is obviously due to the latency difference.

The devs made it so Hanzo’s arrows ALWAYS go into the enemy character model.

So when the arrow registers a hit, it will literally turn and force itself into the enemy, which causes the hits that look like they are a mile off.

If Hanzo’s arrows simply disappeared on impact like most projectiles in Overwatch, it would be much harder to tell. You have to remember, every gun in the game works like this, even hit-scan, you just normally can’t tell.

1 Like

I played hanzo for hundreds of hours. He has more no regs than any hero and mostly on tanks. I can’t even count how many times my arrow just disappeared into her mech.

Happens to me all the time too. Half the reason I keep taking breaks from Overwatch is because of all the no-regs.

Really sucks being a Hanzo main.

It’s lag.

Hitscans get “favor the shooter” but projectiles don’t.

What is shadow play?

Nvida shadow-play. It allows me to record and capture my gameplay and play it back.

Super useful, highly recommend using it if you got a nvidia graphics card.

1 Like

Sorry off topic but how much CPU does it use up?

It’s super well optimised so nearly none.

I’m running a GTX 970 with an i7 3770k. Pretty old hardware but even with shadow-play running I can cap my FPS to 160 easily.

I don’t know exactly how much CPU it uses but its FPS impact on game is near non-existent.

1 Like

Ohh I use a i5 9600k and 1660ti. I need to look into that. Thanks for the info.

If that is the case, you already have it. :sweat_smile:

If you go into nvidia experience, it is a simple matter of just turning it on.

1 Like

This isn’t just hanzo, many heroes have this problem.
Once I was playing reaper and I landed two full body shots on an ana, it didn’t register AT ALL (40ms)

hm and i thought i was just trash at hanzo :rofl: