Hanzo players! Prove me wrong (I’m actually willing to admit I’m wrong)

so hanzos effective range and not pharahs like we were talking about?

that’s called respecting a sniper’s LOS a basic fundamental of Shooters that every hero but counters to said hero are supposed to follow.

Even genjis make sure they approach from an angle where they cant be hit when going after snipers.

Its called smart gameplay, not a broken hero.

This is why I say Caliber of player matters. because even at higher ranks A diamond thinks that hanzo is broken, because they don’t understand respecting a snipers LOS.

would you be okay with it if it was every shot you shot?

Yes, because the shots aren’t impossible. It’s just a skill set I need to acquire. Here’s where the game is at now though,
Imagine if you get the drop on a Hanzo, you are able to attack him from behind, and you have him beat. Then he just shoots “dink” and even though you saw that he missed, and didn’t hit your head, you die instantly.
Are you ok with that?

Edit: apologies if that sounded confrontational.

If 5 seconds if a long CD, then McCree’s roll must come once an eternity.

They don’t have OHK capabilities outside of their ults.

Second of all, that’s a pretty unfair standard, using them as the base of what mobility should be.

You’re ignoring the power of Hanzo’s mobility, because you’re comparing him to the most mobile heros in the game.

That’s like saying Soldier’s damage SUCKS because Bastion has a theoretical 450 DPS.

Once again, you’re ignoring the potential.

*blatantly ignores the fact that Hanzo can shred tanks, Brig cannot.

But oh, Hanzo can’t kill a Tracer or Genji so he must be bad.

If that’s the case, Pharah should have gotten Hanzo’s rework since her rockets don’t headshot and are slower than Hanzo’s arrows, even before both of his arrow speed buffs.

Which you have yet to back up because you’re too busy sucking off the cooldowns.

Called it.

Wow, it really sucks that Hanzo has to wait for every planet in the solar system to align, in order to use his storm bow. 10 seconds? Pfff, that’s basically F-tier.

Says who? Says who.

If that’s the case, then junk isn’t a DPS because his mines are on CDs and his nades are far too inconsistant.

Soldier is only half of a DPS because his helix rockets are on a CD.

My god, you’re so bend around the axel of cooldowns that you’re blatantly ignoring the power he has. Man, 5 second leap, that sucks compared to Moira’s 6 second fade. Hanzo can do up to 840 damage with his E? Well it’s borderline useless because it’s on a 10 second CD.

Oh, but that doesn’t make him a DPS. That makes him a throw pick being boosted by Brig.

No, Im pulling up theoretical because it shows the limit to his damage.

Is it unlikely that Hanzo will land all 6 headshots? Yeah, but literally only going off of body shots will do 420 damage. What about 4 body shots? 280 damage. 1 body shot and 1 head shot? 210. 2 head shots 2 body shots? Right back up to 420.

But hey, long CD means we get to ignore the fact that it basically shreds tanks.

Yeah, but Hanzo’s E is not a fun bouncy house on a kids birthday. His damage potential isn’t the problem, it’s the skill needed to pull it off.

Wraxu was good before the rework.

Then everyone else became E-key hanzos because of how easy that ability is to get rewarded a kill from.

It’s to the point that any time Hanzo gets a 2k and presses E, it’s auto potg.

1 Like

I don’t believe you. I don’t think you would honestly be okay with that. because it means any hero that is doing anything but standing completely still is impossible to hit.

I mean I understand favor the shooter, and hitboxes, so yes. I am. The issue is most people don’t understand you need wiggle room, or you cant hit anything.

I’m having trouble finding many hanzo v. pharah matchups considering the camera angle and the fact that generally both heroes are more focused on what I presume was a called target

I also never said hanzo was broken because of his fast arrow speed

if you want to talk about hanzo being broken I have other evidence e.g. hanzo’s 53% winrate in contenders on the current patch, as well as a playtime only exceeded by zenyatta, dva and widow, who all have sub 50% winrates

edit: not current patch, last patch before the 1s leap nerf, winstonslab doesn’t have anything more recent

1 Like

Fixed.

Hey, calm down, three people dog piling is not good debate. Appreciate that someone is able to discuss an opinion that’s unpopular on the forums.

my point is that at that moment, they shouldn’t win that fight. That isn’t fair. I can’t do anything about that, because even if I do take precautions, and I saw the Hanzo waste his leap and storm bow as he tries to go Rambo, I lose that fight. That isn’t fair.

every match up should be won by the better player, this is a shooter not rock paper scissors. Heros like brig make the game dull and unfun.

A counter should require application, not just picking the hero.

I think this is just a mechanics thing man. Its about who can hit there shots at this point if you took the precautions.

But he only had to hit one. And it missed. That’s my point.

he has a lot less advantadges than you at close range, and his shots shoot slower than yours. he may have had to hit 1 shot, but it was leagues harder to hit than yours, the not hitting thing is latency and favor the shooter.

Right, and because of that, combined with his hitbox being bigger, it shouldn’t one shot. He can afford to shoot twice.

yes you are correct…but completely missing the point, he does not wait for rien to drop his shield then charge then fire…he has the ability to hold back an arrow release is instant, from that point of release of first full charge arrow he can then hit storm arrow and and fire 2 in .6 seconds to hit a 530 damage combo

this is not him pulling arrow firing pulling arrow firing. he has a .7 sec charge time and a .5 recovery add .7 sec charge again that would take 1.9 secs

I mean, while I’m willing to change my tune, he’s the most oppressive dps I’ve seen since I started playing. And his pickrate is huge. It should take more skill to get that headshot.

Oh yeah? Tell me why you can shot like 2 heads off the actual head and get the head shot? Maybe the projectile is small, but he has different hit-boxes for the heroes…? No idea.

Also how about you show us that post? Not everyone spends their life with following every word the devs say.

The hitboxes for the heroes in this game are large. This counts for any shooter, the targets are all pretty dang large for no reason, so projectile shots are going to feel far more ‘damaging’ then regular hitscan because you can be aiming above a head with projectiles and due to the fact it’s an object shooting towards a person and the fact these have to have mass, they feel “Big”. Hitscan heros only have a single pixel point to hit a target, so if you aren’t accurate you miss, unlike projectile heroes that have object with an arc and travel time and have opportunity to hit even if your aiming isn’t perfect. There’s that timing delay too because of travel time.

1 Like

Yeah they’re too big in the first place when combined with the characters ginormous hitboxes.

They. Are. Tied. For. Smallest. In. The. Game.

Relax, I’m a hanzo main I’m not bashing. All i was saying was that with the big hitboxes on the characters in the game its made projectiles less aim intensive.

I know he has the smallest but they’re too big anyway. If his arrow size was decreased (since i doubt changing all the characters hitbox sizes just for hanzo is feasible) it would balance out his massive power and seperate the gap between avg hanzos and good ones.

The problem with his one shots imo is when he’s against characters like mccree who also take a lot of aiming skill but even in mccrees optimal range hanzo only needs to get the shot right once whereas mccree with needs to at least two tap with one headshot.

1 Like