Hanzo players! Prove me wrong (I’m actually willing to admit I’m wrong)

it made him more consistant, but not consistant enough to take away one shotting.

Pretty sure I’ve seen you post this around 10 times in the past two days. I believe we got the point.

And head shot or not, I don’t think it’d make a difference. He’d still be disliked, whether he’s OP or not.

Not since his arrow speed buff. as someone said:

As a Pharah main, this is indeed true. If Hanzo ca reliably kill her, then it means his damage is more consistent than you think.

Actually he does. Leap + wallclimb.

Soldier only has sprint, McCree roll, Reaper shadow and janky teleport.

Only difference is Hanzo’s E is just shy of the whole point of Reaper.

This was the case before his rework, not after.

I’m calling this a lie. His E puts out 420 damage just off of body shots alone. 840 if you do factor in headshots. And this is all before you factor in his 125/250 primary arrow being shot before he presses E.

Well I still don’t know if I agree. But I see your logic. Would decreasing the projectile size be abhorant? Because that seems to be a major issue.

His projectiles are one of the smallest in game. They can’t go any smaller unless they should be the size of a pin head.

I mean, they can be made the same size as widow bullets. At least where headshots are concerned

I suspect they aren’t because of the fact his arrows curve when fired. Would make him either useless and inconsistent or extremely lucky. The increase in speed was put for the consistently in his shots; I don’t thing that should change (both size and travel).

All he needs is a Storm Arrow reduction.

and as I said:

he doesn’t. leap is on a long cooldown, hanzo will not always be near a wall.

The fact of the matter is genji and tracer mobility is leagues better, genji can always double jump, tracer blinks are stacked to 3 on a 3 second recharge constantly going.

reapers primary isn’t on cooldown.

its still the case after, hanzo is only good because brig shuts down dive. the time to kill for a genji and tracer is less than half the time it takes hanzo to shoot 2 fully charged arrows. TTK matters, something you all seem to forget.

and im calling you deficient in knowledge. You realize e is on a long cooldown right? dps are supposed to ALWAYS BE DOING DAMAGE not only when they have abilities off of cooldown. He has a big burst of damage. cool. it also requires aimbot accuracy to do what you are saying he can.

On paper and in practice are different worlds.

Even wraxu misses his shots.

as I am in fact diamond I’m going through contenders vods to find hanzo vs. pharah matchups

first one I see Frost 2taps Erki’s pharah from mid/close range easily, granted the range and attention favored frost heavily but from what I can tell so far typically the pharah plays out of the hanzo’s los and barely if ever peeks him as if she’s scared of getting deleted

1 Like

They really showed that stationary target who’s boss!

2 Likes

What range is he bad at though? He can kill if you get the jump on him. That’s problematic, no?

he had smaller projectiles than he currently does now at launch, and it was literally impossible to hit a target who moved even slightly because of ping and latency. Even favor the shooter wasn’t enough to help him.

But his projectile speed is faster now, and he has storm bow which is practically hitscan anyway, right?

still an issue, it doesn’t matter if its faster when the projectile is so small, the smallest movement means it misses. its like trying to thread a needle if you do this, the window to hit is so tiny its near impossible. Think about junkrat right now, even in enclosed rooms where the bombs are literally right next to people they miss. that’s what would happen to hanzos arrows accept 10 fold because they have no aoe.

1 Like

Not always. One could argue this isn’t true, but I can speak from my own experience. My worst nightmare is Genji and Tracer. Especially Genji. Brother Shimada usually has the upper hand when he starts dancing around me, throwing shurikens into my face.

I guess he’s still tilted about being sliced and diced by Hanzo once upon a time.

Either way, yes, Hanzo is midly overtuned right now, but honestly, the new creeping in meta seems to be making it a little tricky to play him (dive 2.0 with Doomfist & Hammond & Genji).

His numbers will be lowered over time. They probably want to see what happens first.

How about just his headshots have to be that accurate then?

you cant make a projectile differentiate between body and head, to do this you would have to up headshot hitboxes to compensate. it would ruin every hero in the game.

again, you may need to convince me that he’s on as much of a cutting edge as you’re making it sound. I’m willing to concede if he is, but I don’t think you can go from like 8 percent pickrate to f tier so quickly.

consider this. Ever played widow and shot a shot you knew hit the enemy, but didn’t get the kill? this would be every shot with hanzo unless the target sat completely still.

Are you okay with that?

I mean, I’m ok with that with widow because I know I can do better. And i know that my shots have an extremely high potential for damage so I need them to be accurate