Hanzo players! Prove me wrong (I’m actually willing to admit I’m wrong)

Fixed.

Hey, calm down, three people dog piling is not good debate. Appreciate that someone is able to discuss an opinion that’s unpopular on the forums.

my point is that at that moment, they shouldn’t win that fight. That isn’t fair. I can’t do anything about that, because even if I do take precautions, and I saw the Hanzo waste his leap and storm bow as he tries to go Rambo, I lose that fight. That isn’t fair.

every match up should be won by the better player, this is a shooter not rock paper scissors. Heros like brig make the game dull and unfun.

A counter should require application, not just picking the hero.

I think this is just a mechanics thing man. Its about who can hit there shots at this point if you took the precautions.

But he only had to hit one. And it missed. That’s my point.

he has a lot less advantadges than you at close range, and his shots shoot slower than yours. he may have had to hit 1 shot, but it was leagues harder to hit than yours, the not hitting thing is latency and favor the shooter.

Right, and because of that, combined with his hitbox being bigger, it shouldn’t one shot. He can afford to shoot twice.

yes you are correct…but completely missing the point, he does not wait for rien to drop his shield then charge then fire…he has the ability to hold back an arrow release is instant, from that point of release of first full charge arrow he can then hit storm arrow and and fire 2 in .6 seconds to hit a 530 damage combo

this is not him pulling arrow firing pulling arrow firing. he has a .7 sec charge time and a .5 recovery add .7 sec charge again that would take 1.9 secs

I mean, while I’m willing to change my tune, he’s the most oppressive dps I’ve seen since I started playing. And his pickrate is huge. It should take more skill to get that headshot.

Oh yeah? Tell me why you can shot like 2 heads off the actual head and get the head shot? Maybe the projectile is small, but he has different hit-boxes for the heroes…? No idea.

Also how about you show us that post? Not everyone spends their life with following every word the devs say.

The hitboxes for the heroes in this game are large. This counts for any shooter, the targets are all pretty dang large for no reason, so projectile shots are going to feel far more ‘damaging’ then regular hitscan because you can be aiming above a head with projectiles and due to the fact it’s an object shooting towards a person and the fact these have to have mass, they feel “Big”. Hitscan heros only have a single pixel point to hit a target, so if you aren’t accurate you miss, unlike projectile heroes that have object with an arc and travel time and have opportunity to hit even if your aiming isn’t perfect. There’s that timing delay too because of travel time.

1 Like

Yeah they’re too big in the first place when combined with the characters ginormous hitboxes.

They. Are. Tied. For. Smallest. In. The. Game.

Relax, I’m a hanzo main I’m not bashing. All i was saying was that with the big hitboxes on the characters in the game its made projectiles less aim intensive.

I know he has the smallest but they’re too big anyway. If his arrow size was decreased (since i doubt changing all the characters hitbox sizes just for hanzo is feasible) it would balance out his massive power and seperate the gap between avg hanzos and good ones.

The problem with his one shots imo is when he’s against characters like mccree who also take a lot of aiming skill but even in mccrees optimal range hanzo only needs to get the shot right once whereas mccree with needs to at least two tap with one headshot.

1 Like

I’ve been saying a good nerf to Hanzo w/o making him feel useless again would be to reduce his full-draw crit headshot from 250 dmg to 200 so he cannot one-shot the beefier non-tank heroes anymore while still getting rewarded for shooting down softer targets as a sniper is supposed to do.

I’d prefer a bigger headshot multiplier and less base damage so arrows would 3 body shot a squishy but headshots would still deal 250. I like you’re idea but i’d miss turning on a reaper who gets the jump and getting those clean split second headshots :3

I’m usually that Reaper hahaha

But no I wouldn’t mind that either, but that’d make him more reliant on Storm Arrow to get body shot kills if headshots are too risky…

There’s gotta be a good way to balance his ‘sniper reward DINK headshot’ feel and ‘why can Hanzo just steamroll everyone’ feel because rn I think he needs to be removed from a mid-range brawler (he took over McCree’s spot :u) and pushed back into a proper sniper role. His projectile speed helped make him more consistent at long-range, and technically his Storm Arrows, since they are full draw, are supposed to help him catch escaping squishies and whatnot, but people use them at point-blank as tank crushers.

Storm arrow needs to be made into a close range sort of shotgun style blast like genjis alternate fire tbh. Storm arrows is like scatter but infinite range, and MUCH MUCH MUCH better.

1 Like

Yes that would definitely break him. However taking away storm arrows completely would not.

Remove storm arrow’s headshot ability, give it 1/4 the bloom of McCree’s FtH and increase lunge’s cooldown to 8 seconds. He still retains his mobility, high damage, consistency while keeping in line with the cons that makes a sniper rightfully vulnerable to dive