šŸ¹[Hanzo] One of these has to go

Which is outside winstons shield. So he canā€™t kill him anymore.

Damage boost, etc. Also counts for any other hero in the game.

Why would the soldier / reaper never hit a headshot?

no no no no no, you forgot something very important as well.
So TWO things have to go.

get rid of hanzoā€™s one shot cus he can either be in ur face and one shot you, or be at sniperā€™s length away. Heā€™s supposed to be a sniper but he can snipe much closer than widow can.

or get rid of his close quarters combat potential so he goes further back in the crowd and not try to snipe u from 1 meter away.

the sad part is, is that this will just make grav strikes, the reason zarya was nerfed, more common because zarya will now get her ult more often than she used to.

Iā€™m actually perfectly fine with snipers getting kills via headshots.

Whatā€™s bizarre to me is a ā€œsniperā€ getting easy kills without headshots.

Especially easy kinda on tanks. Without headshots.

Waitā€¦Rein got nerfed? When??

Itā€™s more of a really unfortunate series of bugs that keep plaguing him. I made a post, and the post links to other peopleā€™s reports of new issues.

Iā€™ll bet it didnā€™t in development when Brigitte gave the team +150 armor.

Maybe it didnā€™t feel too powerful either when Brig was playtested with Torb for durability comps, but letā€™s face it: DPS players hate taking more than 2-3 seconds to kill anything.

I canā€™t really play Rein anymore. Almost anything Iā€™m up against has a way of punishing me for existing.

Swap off to Orisa.
The benefit is huge.

OR run Orisa + Rein and double barrier push your way into any scenario.

Iā€™m pretty sure Winstonā€™s Tesla is 8m.

1 Like

You started off good. Dropped the ball IMO along the way.

You hit it right at the start- scatter was RNG. And while itā€™s true SA does less than scatter could do- which was arguably too much as it wasā€¦

It reliably does 90% of the damage scatter ā€œcouldā€ do- and can do its max damage far, FAR more consistently- which if Iā€™m not cray cray is only 30 damage off.

It doing its damage ā€œover timeā€ in the actual context of how the ability works is ALSO not a negative thing.

1- it still happens fast enough that your reaction time is basically non existent.

But two- it adds a huge layer of diversity to the ability.

Scatter was all or nothing. Fire it. Wham bam all or nothing at one target. Sure the shards could hit someone- but usually didnā€™t, nor was it usually enough to matter.

Being able to aim and fire each individual arrow though?

Totally different.

He can get a head shot here. Put a couple body shots there. Let loose another arrow over there.

Storm arrow is way better in nearly every regard- especially in the regards that matter

I thinking cutting storm arrow in half is fair, 3 arrows instead of 6. It really canā€™t stay at the damage per arrow that itā€™s at with 6.

1 Like

what bothers me more is a mobile sniper that can be in ur face tbh.

So make it less rewarding for a Hanzo to get in your face.

imo, give hanzo reverse fall off damage. the closer he is to you, the less his primary fire hurts you. So that forces him to go further away from you.

That would work, I just donā€™t think the devs are going to do it. Such is why Iā€™m more focused on reducing the total damage.

Soā€¦ What counters Hanzo then? Winston was made to counter heroes such as Hanzo! :joy:
Hanzo was never a counter to Winston.

2 Likes

According to Wraxu, the only counter to current Hanzo, is a better Hanzo.

1 Like

And what makes one Hanzo better than another Hanzo? Is it the ability to spam Storm Arrows faster than the other?

I think lung is fine, the issue is how easily Hanzo can delete tanks. I suggest the reduce the arrows count to 4 and revert the cool down/duration changes.
That would reduce his burst damage on tanks unless the Hanzo is landing head shots but as a more precision based character I think that is OK.