Hanzo is getting a nerf

-That is not how skill floor works. You can actually buff a heroes potential, and their skill floor + cap at the same time. A rework opens this door even further. Too many people on here using terminology they do not understand. For example, If they reworked Reaper to have dual Torb pistols, with only the primary fire, and did 100 per shot they would in fact increase Reapers skill floor, skill cap, and therefore buff his potential.

• Just because Blizzard decided to nerf Storm Arrow does not change fact. There was no indication from accurate metrics showing him in need of a nerf. It does not matter what appeal to authority someone tries to pull. Scatter Arrow was removed based on whining alone, all metrics pointed towards it being underpowered big time. OW devs are also the same devs that openly and publicly admitted in a dev Q&A that they pick who gets to be meta and who doesnā€™t, and makes changes to heroes to ensure that. If Blizzard devs came on here and officially stated ā€œ1+1=5ā€, does that suddenly mean this is a factual statement? Does it even have merit? Nope. They can be easily proven wrong.

They are going to do whatever they want. I just like coming on here and proving just how low the general IQ is in the vocal minority they appease time and again.
I can name a plethora of other titles just as successful, who held on to more population, that balanced based on the objective. I wonder why that is? Because just like in real life, changes are not made on the subjective if there is objective fact proving it wrong.

I donā€™t understand why you would balance around the most consitent and maximized performance output, that doesnā€™t make sense

Personally I think blizzard should have private servers for the pros so they can stick or the balennce changes for the pro scene and leave the game the normal players as it is a have separate balence changes for us

Pros complained about Moira and Tracer too and it never resulted in them being touched until Blizzard decided Tracer was too good at bombing tanks.

Yeah, silly us, wanting to have fun.

Yeah what do those guys know about the game. Theyā€™re getting paid to play but they donā€™t understand the subtle balance that a mid ladder Hanzo understands

Yeah we can say a lot of things but the overall reality is that Hanzo had a net buff, which enables him to do more for less, sure many will need to adjust to new arrow speeds and whatever but that if just a matter of habit especially for real Hanzo mains.

Now if he deserves or doesnā€™t deserve the nerf becomes a meaningless discussion if you will not accept indications as proof yet you canā€™t prove much to support your own claims also, simple logic will suggest to me that there will be an increased chances of a hero that has been buffed or even simply reworked to be OP in someway.

Again, wrong. A Buff does not mean someone can do ā€œmore for lessā€. I already posted a scenario above proving this is not the case.

Second part is also wrong. While it might be meaningless, because the devs clearly cater to whining and not fact, I can very well prove my claim. Without a shadow of a doubt. We are talking quite simple mathematics and statistics.
Saying Hanzo is overpowered or deserves this nerf equates to claiming 1+1=4. I can very well prove it false. If someone claims that just because Blizzard chose to do the nerf that means he was overpowered, well that is not only an appeal to authorityā€¦ as if Blizzard is somehow a diety, but also correlation equals causation. Among many other logical fallacies.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sold on all this just yet myself.

It does, donā€™t over-think things and end up getting lost in details. If you are buffed no matter which way you look at it on some level you will be able to do more than before for the same level of input.

oh really? iā€™m sure you can prove that even though Hanzo was buffed he still just maintained the same level of power, man this happens all the time a hero is buffed or nerfed input levels needed to maintain previous output changes. But hey donā€™t let me stop you, you know what they say we all learn something new each day.

Letā€™s see what crazy reply comes in here. Probably something to do with logical fallacies, statistical analysis, Hanzo being the HARDEST character in the game and finishing it all off with a ā€œCheckmateā€¦kidā€

A.) It does not. You were already refuted. ā€œdonā€™t over-think thingsā€ is a logical fallacy, and equates to proving too much as well. If I let you run 100m today and you get a sandwich, but tomorrow you can run 200m and get a meal, you are claiming that you are getting the more for the same/less effort. Do you even read what you write.

B.) There you go putting words in my mouth. I never claimed he maintained the same level of power. I never said that once. Keep it up.
I can prove Hanzo was underpowered before the buff, just as I can prove he is very balanced right now. His maximum potential increased, his skill floor did not decrease. The leap did not decrease his skill floor, it is short range, and dependent on actually skilled input for direction. It is not auto escape like a Widow grapple that has multi lateral movement. It is not an invul button like Mei Ice block. Storm Arrow, is essentially firing fully charged arrows, for less damage with much higher RoF. The colliders (what people incorrectly call hitboxes) on his arrows, and the limitations of projectile hit detection still make his overall fundamental design higher skill floor than hitscan. Storm Arrow did not change the colliders on his arrows, so they still require the same amount of aiming skill.
The difference is, Scatter Arrow was more instant burst damage, Storm Arrow is over time. Storm Arrow requires more aim to equate to the same potential output as Scatter Arrow, but also has higher maximum potential.

So in other words, it increased his skill cap, without reducing his skill floor, and in some cases even increasing his skill floor.

This Blizzard has just killed their own game. OWL = the dumbest thing.

Cool opinion brodude

lol not, its not just a matter of saying so.

How are you comparing this ā€˜sandwichā€™ to this ā€˜mealā€™? And you ask me if i read the stuff i write. Sounds like comparing a car that costs 1000 to another that costs 1200, what it its the same car sold in different places.

Oh so this is your thrust, lol, but it is besides the point. Just cause X hero is considered UP right will not change a the fact that X will be able to do more for the same level of input than before even though one may perceive the hero to now be balanced. Balanced or not is not and will never be a fact, its all a perception facts will be numbers and figures.

It does essentially, its the proportions of the change which differs. It is after all an ability that Hanzo never had to begin with, so it makes him able to do more than before even though you may claim for example that in Bronze players will be able to utilise is 1/10 times while in GM its will be 8/10 times, its still the same really, that 1/10 will make the Bronze player a better Hanzo.

Sounds like a trade-off for me but one in which Hanzo was left with more than he actually gave up.

So logically if he has increased projectile speed he would be better as he is closer to being a hitscan.

It did reduce his floor man you said this yourself:-

So simply if he was bad before and good now then surely he should be able to do more with the same level of input than before.

Its really not a bad thing and this happens all the time heroes are changed or introduced and a new level of equilibrium which is deferent from before will be reached given the sum-total effects of the changes.

3 Likes

honestly ult charge is what really needs to be nerfed

Yeah, it is. 100% agree.

ā€¦assuming you ignore the thousands of posts on the forums and elsewhere.

I hate ignorant people.

Confirmed. Jeff has spoken

Hey, i want your opinion on this one, can you provide?:slight_smile:

Iā€™m pretty heavily medicated but I think the issue here is still that Tracer, in a vacuum btw, remains the best DPS?

Thats probably an accurate statement.

The 150 HP is only an issue, when considerations are made for stray bullets, for splash or cleave, and so on.

1 Like