The Balancing is Blatantly Unfair, aka Let's Pretend Tracer Has 150hp

I will do it on the new hanzo changes that are coming, because i love the guy and it is so obvious on his example. If you missed, his storm arrow damage is being changed from 80 to 70.

So, to kill 200 hp hero with storm arrows, hanzo needs

• 3 Bodyshots
  • or 1 Headshot 1 Bodyshot

To kill tracer with storm arrows, a 150 hp hero, hanzo needs

• 3 Bodyshots
  • or 1 Headshot 1 Bodyshot

These new changes make tracer equivalent to a 200 hp hero for hanzo. It is painfully obvious that this is just unfair. :man_facepalming:

She is smaller than 200 hp heroes, faster(except for genji, but he is still bigger) on foot, harder to hit in general, has abilities that amplify the difficulty to hit her by a large margin, yet she requires the same amount of hits, which means she requires more work to be killed than 200hp heroes.

By the way, same goes for McCree, it is just not as obvious on his example because his flashbang is what drives peoples minds away from seeing this when thinking about it.
Because he has POTENTIAL to oneshot headshot tracer, not because it is fair(it isn’t) that he needs the same amount of shots to kill her as to kill a 200 hp hero unless tracer is stupid enough to get in McCrees face.
:man_facepalming:

Same goes for Ana, she is forced to do more work to kill tracer than to kill a 200hp hero. :man_facepalming:

At least they got it right on mei, if she had less than 75 damage on her icicle, i would need a fourth hand to facepalm.

For those confused about the topic:

8 Likes

Obviously you want Hanzo to stay overpowered and have no counters so you are very opposed to idea of having a soft counter in a form of off-meta DPS (6th lowest winrate hero in the game).

Still you are either dishonest or do not understand game mechanics when you use this statement:

Compared to 200 HP targets:

1. Tracer dies from damage boosted / discorded SA headshot or 2 bodyshots.
  2. Tracer dies from damage boosted / discorded normal bodyshot.
  3. Tracer dies from partially drawn headshot.
  4. Tracer dies from bodyshot+melee or SA headshot+melee.

Hanzo is a hero that is strong at close, medium and long range. He excels at dealing with squishies, tanks, flankers and now even flying targets. This is too much, he needs to have at least a hero or 2 he is disadvantaged against.

14 Likes

“Obviously”. I like how you ignored every other hero i mentioned, i guess you have gripes with hanzo. I am not opposed to balancing the game, i am just pointing out the unfairness of the process and how it makes things absurd.

Even if i concede all these, which are true by the way, they all do not address the topic, which is storm arrow, and situations i described by the way, didn’t vanish, they are still unfair, they are still happening, they are still there.

The points you made are irrelevant to the situations i’m talking about.

Just because some aspects of the game are okay, doesn’t mean every aspect of it is okay, or fair. You seem to distract yourself from the topic.

1 Like

Storm arrow shouldn’t crit.

That is all.

7 Likes

This nerf at least would be fair in comparison to tracer, she would get 2 shot and 200hp heroes 3 shot, which is completely fair. I would approve.

4 Likes

Yes, I agree, storm needs to be 60 damage.

2 Likes

This would be fair too. 200hp heroes would need one more hit compared to tracer. Fair.

People probably think i’m arguing against the nerf or something, when in fact i am arguing that the balance changes should be fair in the context of tracer and 200 hp heroes, irregardless of the changes themselves in the context of balance as a whole.

1 Like

SA? Scatter arrow? Sonic arrow? Storm arrow?

You realize the acronym “SA” applies to any of his abilities, right? Well, besides DragonStrike I guess.

1 Like

Hanzo was too strong, he got his ultimate way too often after the rework went live. He shredded players with storm arrows. I’m hoping this nerf will considerably help slow his ultimate charging rate, but I think he may still get it too often. Storm arrow shouldn’t critical hit in my view.

2 Likes

McCree says Hi

(smh 20 characters)

2 Likes

You are talking about ultimate charge, i am talking about something else. If you have gripes with his ultimate, just advocate for his ultimate charge rate nerf.

1 Like

Yes but what I’m trying to say is I hope that the storm arrows nerf will help with that, but I’m expecting it will just be as quick as it is now. I’d like to see storm arrows not crit their target however.

2 Likes

It’s almost as If tracer is meant to counter snipers who would have thought

Ana is a support more than sniper, McCree is midrange dps. Your point is not valid.

Your expectations are probably correct, i don’t see that this damage nerf will make his ult charge different in a palpable way.

And by the way, making it not crit would be fair in the tracer context.

Ana says hi too. I mentioned both in the topic.

2 Likes

Except as a counter it’s by definition not supposed to be a fair fight. I think thats perfectly balanced. You want a tracer counter play Brig.

Nobody is talking about fair fights. I am talking about fair balancing.

they are one in the same buddy. Its not supposed to be a fair fight so in that view it is fair balancing

1 Like

No, they are not the same, friend.

If hanzo’s storm arrow did 60 damage, or 30 damge, that would be fair in the context of balancing relatively to 200hp heroes, and the fight as you know would be completely different, or in your words “unfair”.