Hanzo is getting a nerf

How long will it be? Weeks? Months? Frankly I don’t want to wait any longer, it’s already insufferable.

1 Like

They changed this.
https://gfycat.com/LonelyAntiqueHoneybadger
To be less accurate, and do less damage.

You know who’s ability looks like this now?
They shipped McCree with Hanzo.

*Yes, it freaking is an example of the skill floor being lowered. Are you kidding me? What metric would you rather measure the skill floor if it’s not something like accuracy, it isn’t literal performance at the skill floor, etc? So why don’t you enlighten us, oh wise one, on what WOULD be evidence of the skill floor being lowered. Because apparently projectile speed being faster had nothing to do with the average accuracy going up.

*I have given you several pieces of evidence now. You have provided none, you just keep pretending it doesn’t exist. Accuracy is up. Damage is up. Kills are up. Pickrate is up. Winrate is up. I linked you the site you can find all that data to see for yourself, I didn’t just make the claim. It is NOT the same thing as admitting I am wrong.

*If I didn’t link you the numerous amounts of research proving gravity existed, it wouldn’t make me wrong in asserting that gravity exists. Gravity exists with or without me engaging in the debate.

*His pickrate is massive right now. The devs have listed it as a balancing reason.

1 Like

Nerfing Hanzo wouldn’t even change the META. People are holding dragon waiting for Grav. Hanzo could have like twice as many dragons and could do that prerework. Hanzo isn’t broken and didn’t create this META. The Zarya/Rein/Baguette META existed before Hanzo’s rework. People were running Junkrat more with it then because they were experimenting with who to use with it and he didn’t work that great because the other 3 characters used with it are Pharah/Widow/Hanzo then Junkrat got nerfed stupidly hard at the same time Hanzo got buffed.

yeah thats why i dont want a massive change, sombra was considered good maybe even ‘meta’ for two weeks until they gave her a super small nerf, and now shes considered awful.

Every Hanzo nerf thread in existence be like
Who would win: 2-3 Hanzo onetricks vs the entire rest of the forums.

hanzo actually have a better fan the hammer
it does 10 more damage, can crit, can be aimed and cannot be juked

Do Blizz test their game ?
Even a Bronze player can understand that Hanzo is like a super sayen version of McRee. It has no sens.
It’s not the first time they act like this.

Wow, OP. When you’re right, you’re right! He got the nerf within a few hours of you posting that.

4 Likes

I told you he was going to be nerfed.

2 Likes

As I predicted all last week. Same pattern.

-Release Brigitte to comp
Everyone says she’s overtuned
Only Brigitte players say she’s fine
Blizzard announce nerfs after a ~week of comp

-Release Hanzo to comp
Everyone says he’s overtuned
Only Hanzo players say he’s fine
Blizzard announce nerfs after a ~week of comp

This is mainly why I tend to ignore players opinions during the first two weeks. Especially those who main the new heroes. They are always looking at things with bias.

I mean to be fair, the people playing against them also have their biases. There were a lot of people that insisted that Moira would be nerfed and she was not.

This is a bit different than that though.

Everyone is biased, some of us are just self aware enough to be able to still see something is broken.

1 Like

I remember those threads, weren’t they mostly from Genji mains? I loved Moira from the start.

1 Like

Yup. It was mostly Genji mains, there was some Tracer ones too though. Then the flankers were forced to get better and now it’s not that big of a deal.

just my 2 cents. But I think you are responding to this “OverPowered” issue a little too strongly. If you must dial it back- 75 should be sufficient. My reasoning being that low HP heroes typically have ways to subvert that kind of power.

Er, you do see the irony here right?

You don’t ignore player’s opinions during the first two weeks. You just ignore the opinions of players of the character you think is overturned. You automatically assume they are biased because they play the character - but you don’t recognize any bias in the people getting killed by the character. You consider the opinions of the playerbase valid when they agree with you that he was overtuned valid.

Personally, I think there is a bias against Hanzo having any sort of high burst damage ability. And I think that regardless of how many times they nerf it or change the ability entirely, people will complain.

“S-sure I’m biased, but at least I’m right!” is exactly what a biased person would say.

It really isn’t.

When he overcomes the hero that everyone is complaining about being “OP” (Brigitte) easily in pickrates and winrates, is that not a sign that he’s overtuned? lol

No, like…“I like Brig, I like her style, and I like this meta, shes still OP” are words I have said.

Same with Hanzo. Its delusional to think either of those hero’s were not OP.