Hanzo Desperately Needs Buffs or Bring One Shots Back

Why nerf his one shot, buff his projectile size, then nerf projectile size? And increase dragon speed? what? just give one shots back. Look at the top leaderboards. there’s literally only one hanzo player (Happy) and the rest are Sojourn and Tracer? And you’re really thinking nerfing Hanzo is the answer, here? Like, why?

And if you won’t bring Hanzo one shots back, change his ult so it’s combat-oriented. The hanzo ult “buff” is more of a nerf, cuz you can’t even hold a choke or objective with it, now. Give him a combat ult where he has 0 draw time and moves faster with his bow drawn, so he at least has the ability to TRY and survive a dive or make a play. In fact, make storm arrow his ult. Make it last 10 seconds or 10 shots–whichever comes first–and give them the full damage. Put his dragons on E so they’re an actual zoning tool. Make them smaller, slow enemies and do like 100 damage max.

The current state of Hanzo is terrible, and he’s been my main for years. I’m now a Cassidy/Soldier player.

Also, I refuse to buy a single item in your shop.

3 Likes

wrong wrong wrong, sorry bud your character is the biggest tank shredder rn no buffs for him!

4 Likes

We don’t want hanzo to be a tank shredder character we want to hear oneshot sound on other dps and do kills instead of damages and letting heroes live with 5hp

3 Likes

Attempting to negotiate with backstabbing traitors is futile and also beneath a shimmada dignity.

Stay strong!

2 Likes

That is… not at all how to fix him.

He doesn’t even need fixing. He’s as mid-to-long range hero so he doesn’t need to one shot anyway.

4 Likes

“Apologies! No. :smiling_face:

:tulip: :rose: :hibiscus:

3 Likes

You’ve forgotten a Big issue with hanzo short/mid range : Hanzo’s bow charge rate is 0.5s and has a delay of 0.5s between shots.
So hanzo vs a lot of dps if first shot is missed you dead but the other dps can try AT least 2-3 shots in the same time so for me hanzo should be able to deal same amount of damages in the same time range

2 Likes

He’s still a huge tank buster right now and doesn’t really need much. He’s fine, mechanically. He’s just boring in his … well, job.

1 Like

You’re missing the point. He feels awful/unrewarding/boring to play.
Take it from a high rank DPS player: other than tank busting, there is no reason to pick him whatsoever.
Tank busting gameplay feels like playing a budget Mauga. It’s not enjoyable for a DPS player at all.

2 Likes

He became a tank shredder as a result of him losing one shot

1 Like

That is what happens when you give a massive buff to an already insane tank busting ability.

The devs just don’t know what to do with Hanzo, so in their infinite wisdom they buffed Storm arrows.

1 Like

Devs already told us he’s doing better since S9. He’s fine.

1 Like

Would you really trade losing storm arrows completely with absolutely no compensation for 10 more hp on your primary?

1 Like

They said his stats have increased, and particularly his damage has gone up. You have to understand how Hanzo has been played since the S9 patch: there is a lot of tank-busting and a lot of Mercy pockets (even though she’s the weakest support). That doesn’t mean he’s doing better. After all, his winrate is the lowest it’s been at GM for years.
The issue with Hanzo is that he’s not interesting to play, and not impactful without a Mercy pocket and/or busting tanks and spamming squishies with Storm Arrow — a playstyle widely hated by the community.
Projectile size was increased, Storm Arrow cooldown and damage was buffed: these are naturally going to make damage numbers go up. If you look at the stats of Hanzo players, you’ll find that while their damage has gone up, their eliminations have mostly stayed the same. You’ll also find that damage per elimination has almost doubled for many Hanzo players, and in fact higher than most DPS heroes. This is the definition of much poorer damage efficiency.
He is clearly not doing well, and is seeing very limited representation in ranks Masters+.

2 Likes

The answer is a resounding “yes”. Not that Hanzo was a problem prior to S9. He had very normal stats and a lower winrate (bottom 5) of DPS heroes. Without Storm Arrows, at least he’d be infinitely more enjoyable to play.

1 Like

To be fair, he couldget the oneshot back, if he lost the Tank shredding.

Agreed. We finally agreed on something! I’ve always been a proponent of reducing tank shredding for this hero, honestly. I’ll probably make a post on it later. Better to say something, rather than not.

1 Like

He is not you dumbo, the whole hero identity is gone, people spent hours learning rollout shots, setting up and doing stuff.

No hanzo main wants to do spamzo like a idiot like awkward did in u2gm.

Playing hanzo like a soldier is pathetic experience.

Dude i used to play him like this i cant play sucky spamzo styles.

3 Likes

I’d love to see Awkward try to get to GM on Hanzo now. Actual intellectually bankrupt player.

Does it matter? It’s clearly working

They already said high rank stats are incorrect right now, so I’d take those with a grain of salt. The devs already said that Hanzo is doing better. Like, he’s factually doing better, even if he’s more boring to play now.

The funny thing is, he’s really not. I see Hanzo consistently in my games.

I don’t know about him being more boring, but that’s not the point. The hero being more boring isn’t a reason to buff someone that’s doing fine.