Hanzo arrows hitboxes?

well ofc it doesnt need to be on you when the arrow hits. hanzo shoots projectiles. heroes that hit you when their crosshair is on you are called hitscan (like widow, soldier, ashe etc. they dont technically shoot bullets but lasers that check if you are on the target and then grant you a hit. in csgo, this is how all weapons work. in games like unreal tournament or overwatch, some weapons shoot projectiles.

with projectile heroes, the projectile flies where the crosshair was pointed when you press the shooting button. the projectile has a certain size to it. and if that size overlaps with your hitbox in any way, a hit is registered. both the hitbox of the arrow and the heroes is not perfectly as big as the actual models of both objects. its like a capsule around the objects/heroes. that means, even if a hanzo arrow doesnt technically really hit a model, it can still hit a hero hitbox with its hitbox.

Lol it that some sort of conspiracy theory?

It is pretty obvious geoff was talking about the hitbox size not just the visual appearance, as that would literally be silly.

2 Likes

if protectile and hitscan differents …

why not make his arrows hitscan??

Because he would be OPAF, by far the strongest hero in the game.

have your second report and email

what are you talking
and to who XDD

Replays are at best approximations of what happened don’t rely on them too much

1 Like

Do even read what you said before posting? Projectile size != hitbox size. Projectile size is boundbox of 3d mesh. Projectile Hitbox size is physics/collision radius of that projectile.

1 Like

not only that they even stated projectile heros have bigger hitboxes then hitscans due to projectile speeds

Quote from the topic lol a 5 year old thread lmao

"Forum Moderator Note: While the advice and/or information given in an older thread could have been accurate at the time, it may be now be outdated or a reply to an old thread could be overlooked. For these reasons please avoid ‘necro’ posting. If you have a similar issue and the advice previously given hasn’t helped then please create a new thread with all relevant information.

I’m muting this thread

Such a silly comment, this is a quote from the devs in a thread about Hanzo’s hitbox size being too large. With the dev literally stating they are the smallest in the game.

3 Likes

Hanzo gotta be the only character that could aim for someone in Texas and instead hit someone in Canada.

1 Like

why not give him 175hp

The arrows are the second smallest projectile in the game.

Depending on distance, the crosshair shouldn’t be on the target anyway.

Replay is 100% accurate to YOUR perspective. Not the enemy. Not the “middle ground” server.

do you play on high ping ?

I remember this post from Geoff. Good times. They used to interact with us regularly. Even Jeff used to show up to roast someone from time to time.

I haven’t seen a post from Craig/AndyB since… I don’t even know to be honest.

1 Like

It’s kind of funny seeing all the classic complaints coming back up because of all the new players.

I read somewhere that replay isn’t a 1:1 replica of the match but rather an offline recreation of how things happened, so naturally since replay is offline it can’t simulate accurately the exact positions of things as it were on live where latency also factors in on hit detection, it is most noticeable with projectiles specifically Hanzo’s arrows and that’s why we sometimes see his arrows suddenly curving to your head in replay.

I’ve got BAD NEWS for you.

Yes the crosshair won’t be on you sometimes because that’s how you aim with hanzo especially on longer distances or landing prediction shots… SMH

Also replay viewer is not perfect and doesn’t account for latency etc. a post about this was made a long time ago.

And last but not least. Hanzo arrows are the smallest projectiles in the game.

And no, I’m not a hanzo main, I just like the portrait.

Smaller projectile hitbox have a huge cost to physics calculations…

It’s the second smallest, tied with genji’s shurikens.