Handicapping Competitive Play With MMR is Wrong

Its all about microtransactions and how they will affect that.

*FIELD OF THE INVENTION [0002]

The invention relates to a system and method for driving microtransactions in multiplayer video games.**

You quotiong one of examples doesnt change anything as overwatch has only cosmetic microtransaction. Thats end of the story.

You are missing the point really. What would be the reason to use some kind of system in overwatch? Lets say you are in gold right but you play as bronze? So you will lose games and will not have fun, but it will stop as you will drop to a place where you will eventualy pop off as people will be same skilled as you. This is how the game works.

So why they would need something to engeneer games if its already working naturaly as i explained?

Anyway, i feel that this discussion with you is going nowhere. As i said, you are free to believe anything. If you are ready too prove things you are saying find my post above where i linked my topic where i collect evidence for it.

1 Like

“Hey everyone! No one buys lootboxes!” Really? Are you seriously saying the entire business model of Overwatch doesn’t work?

quit.

Fixed it for you.

1 Like

Why would new player quit after several lost games lol?

Yes, game has lootboxes and they dont have any kind of ingame effect on your performance. Its just cosmetics.

It goes beyond handicapping the matchmaker via rigged (in the sense of strong one-sided predicted wins/losses).

There are several patents out relating to ‘dynamic difficulty adjustment’. I’m not digging them up here as proof because no amount of conjecture will ever be good enough for you.

We call it ‘DDA’ in the Activision ecosystem.

Wiki: Dynamic game difficulty balancing - Wikipedia

And its worse than rigging matchmaking. You feel the full force of DDA when the game realizes there was a mismatch in the matching and gives one team fight a passive 5-10% ult charge bonus, or toggles up the hit registration (server side aim assist) for that struggling hanzo to suddenly pop off, or that 1 trick 200hr moira main having seemingly ridiculous 1v1 ttk.

There are so many ways to rig a match its kinda sickening - and they have a lot of reasons to do it (engagement, sales, retention, sense of progress, etc). The primary reason for in-match DDA is to make fights seem closer and more challenging.

Until its transparent and auditable we can only take guesses at when/what kind of DDA tech they implement.

1 Like

Gold to bronze is a lot of games, so that would be a very long streak of feeling the game is unwinnable. Players would quit. What do you think the purpose of that section is for?

And people buy them. I worry you don’t understand this point.

1 Like

It will be, as i said many times before, post your video proof here:

If system which you claim is in ow, recording evidence should be easy.

LMAO,you cant be serious dude. :smile: :smile:

1 Like

I posted a screenshot of my forced losses and streamed it. And yes, there is DDA in Overwatch (Diamond and above, probably not).

1 Like

It exists in other games… Assuming it isn’t in Overwatch is surprising.

I doubt Overwatch does it though, at least in these examples that it could be done. Did you not know what examples are?

1 Like

Yes they buy them, so? I know people stuck in lower rank who are buying a lot of lootboxes while i climbed on multiple accounts without buying anything.

Again, its cosmetics, dont dont affect your ingame performance. Is that really so hard to understand?

You posted 3 screenshots of one game, thats all, nothing can be taken from that really. Screenshot is very weak proof. You maybe streamed something, but you never provided link.

Its not video proof if you cant show it.

I recorded alien ship few days ago, but i cant show the proof, i fear goverment will go after me. You see where i am going with this? Its not proof if you cant/wont show it.

Not to mention that i saw your game play from your streams. And all i can say is that you belong where you are based on your game play. Nobody is keeping you there except you.

Its not proof, its evidence towards. Big difference. And its also not up to you to accept/deny any evidence since you’re not really acting in any official capacity.

Aren’t you the guy who tells everyone smurfing isn’t a thing, ladder is fine, but also claimed they’ve smurfed many times in bronze-to-gold?

Point is, there are systemic issues you can’t simply deny or gatekeep away as reasons for people being at the wrong ranks.

DDA in some form or another is practically industry standard. Part of that tech is lag compensation and server-side aim assist. Some reapers clap entire teams thinking they’re gods not realizing the server basically gave them a pseudo-aimbot for the match.

1 Like

The patent is doing a few things, the two main aims that fit Overwatch are:

1. Sell lootboxes to new players by showing off skins of players who have played longer.

2. Sell lootboxes by keeping players playing - by giving them a win occassionally so they have fun.

(Note, nothing about your weird conflation with “advantage” in either of these)

Which of these two are you having such trouble understanding?

I realised you are going to have issues understanding the second point. To clarify, it is expected you cannot sell lootboxes to players who have quit your game.

Apparently it is? For you that is.

3 Likes

No, its not evidence if you cant provide that evidence. Why do you even talk about here theb Its not up to me/us? Eh, up to whom then if you people claim that blizzard is behind that so its surely not up to them. Who is official capacity then,police? Will you sent them your rigged matchmaking? :smile::grin:

Competitive system is not perfect, i never said that, but its still doing good job to move people where they belong if they play to win. I never said i smurfed. At leat i would not interpret it like that, i simply used new alt account to learn different heroes or challenge myself to climb only as mercy for example.

Yes sure, many are in ranks they dont belong, but if you truly play to win and play enough to keep your skill, you are where you belong.

Sorry, but this is pure nonsense.

I dont, i say just its nonsense and its not working like that. Just made up stuff you cant prove.

Fourth time - why is Blizzards name on that patent?

2 Likes

Ask blizzard. I already gave you answer. Because cod is using that and its under their service. Battle net.

Just admit you don’t know, nor are you able to even understand the patent. Done here.

3 Likes

No, you dont know. I am pretty sure its because of cod as i already explained it to you twice. You have problem with it not me, so if you you dont belive it, ask blizzard yourself. You are the one who doesnt understand the patent and why is it used in some games.

Get a room you two
<20 characters>