Handicapping Competitive Play With MMR is Wrong

You posted 3 screenshots of one game, thats all, nothing can be taken from that really. Screenshot is very weak proof. You maybe streamed something, but you never provided link.

Its not video proof if you cant show it.

I recorded alien ship few days ago, but i cant show the proof, i fear goverment will go after me. You see where i am going with this? Its not proof if you cant/wont show it.

Not to mention that i saw your game play from your streams. And all i can say is that you belong where you are based on your game play. Nobody is keeping you there except you.

Its not proof, its evidence towards. Big difference. And its also not up to you to accept/deny any evidence since you’re not really acting in any official capacity.

Aren’t you the guy who tells everyone smurfing isn’t a thing, ladder is fine, but also claimed they’ve smurfed many times in bronze-to-gold?

Point is, there are systemic issues you can’t simply deny or gatekeep away as reasons for people being at the wrong ranks.

DDA in some form or another is practically industry standard. Part of that tech is lag compensation and server-side aim assist. Some reapers clap entire teams thinking they’re gods not realizing the server basically gave them a pseudo-aimbot for the match.

1 Like

The patent is doing a few things, the two main aims that fit Overwatch are:

1. Sell lootboxes to new players by showing off skins of players who have played longer.

2. Sell lootboxes by keeping players playing - by giving them a win occassionally so they have fun.

(Note, nothing about your weird conflation with “advantage” in either of these)

Which of these two are you having such trouble understanding?

I realised you are going to have issues understanding the second point. To clarify, it is expected you cannot sell lootboxes to players who have quit your game.

Apparently it is? For you that is.

3 Likes

No, its not evidence if you cant provide that evidence. Why do you even talk about here theb Its not up to me/us? Eh, up to whom then if you people claim that blizzard is behind that so its surely not up to them. Who is official capacity then,police? Will you sent them your rigged matchmaking? :smile::grin:

Competitive system is not perfect, i never said that, but its still doing good job to move people where they belong if they play to win. I never said i smurfed. At leat i would not interpret it like that, i simply used new alt account to learn different heroes or challenge myself to climb only as mercy for example.

Yes sure, many are in ranks they dont belong, but if you truly play to win and play enough to keep your skill, you are where you belong.

Sorry, but this is pure nonsense.

I dont, i say just its nonsense and its not working like that. Just made up stuff you cant prove.

Fourth time - why is Blizzards name on that patent?

2 Likes

Ask blizzard. I already gave you answer. Because cod is using that and its under their service. Battle net.

Just admit you don’t know, nor are you able to even understand the patent. Done here.

3 Likes

No, you dont know. I am pretty sure its because of cod as i already explained it to you twice. You have problem with it not me, so if you you dont belive it, ask blizzard yourself. You are the one who doesnt understand the patent and why is it used in some games.

Get a room you two
<20 characters>

I dont want that, he is crazy tinfoil hat guy :smile:

You’re just as mad keeping the discussion going with someone clearly beyond help :crazy_face:

1 Like

Absolutely awful suggestion. Completely, utterly awful.

I have played games that had no matchmaking. To get to the top of the ladder, you had to be above average (so you’d win more than you’d lose) and spam games. That was it.

Yeah i know, i am just usualy bored at morning so :wink:

You looked at your team mates recently? ±1000 SR difference some times.
So you saying that 3300 SR and the 2300 SR guy, having the same MMR??
That is why they are grouped together.

If so, then the SR system isn’t right either. Since there shouldn’t be such big gap in SR.
And if the MMR system is tuned down to reduce queue times… So you get grouped with ±1000SR differences, then the MMR isn’t needed anymore.

1 Like

Do you understand what an average is? Because it seems like you dont. 3300SR and 2300SR basically cant have same MMR, so how its possible they get a game?! Well you know, a fing average, you know? Hello? Anyone home?

1 Like

SR is the rank on the ladder.
It should be equal to your skill rank.
Both teams should be have about the same total SR
Best team wins and climb in SR.
Loosing team will drop in SR.
No extra rating like MMR needed.

If you add MMR then you make SR less meaningful.

MMR is more accurate than SR. Do you know why MMR was so important to be used instead of SR before? Not even talking about MMR being a better indicator.

Yes but its easily readible number. 124ubegawsghq29034tuya80ws0dgjac 2398a7980t7v9a8wy9t8qfa90t8camweh0 this is basically what MMR looks like. Its utter nonsense for anyone but the computer code that is reading it. SR is a number that is easy to look at.

1 Like

If you play enough and play to win, your sr would be basicly same as your MMR.