Hack should NOT Disable Passives

I propose a change. Hack no longer disables passives. Instead it disables your gun. This shouldn’t matter and should be a major nerf to sombra because apparently no one uses their gun anyway🤷🏾‍♂️

5 Likes

I was very happy, that Sombra got a buff, but I agree. It is just too much.

Sure, there were plenty of Mercy mains that defended pre-nerf Valkyrie, and they turned out to be wrong and she WAS overpowered. Why is it so impossible for the same to be true here?

Because statistics proved she was overpowered. Her pickrate was nearly 100%, she was the most-picked hero.

Do you know what statistics are proving with Sombra? That her pickrate and her winrate are dropping back to what they were pre-buff. She’s ever so slightly higher than pre-buff.

She’s not overpowered. Her being present on a team does not create a large advantage for the team she’s on.

2 Likes

Flex player here, no bias, thoroughly enjoy sombra and all other heroes (except im such a bad genji). IMO the sombra buffs are a great thing, buuuuuut the way it effects lucio in such a negative way is not great. Sombra can already nullify lucios ultimate completely, alongside the whole teams abilities. If lucio gets hacked he is pretty much useless.

I think disabling lucios song completely may be a poor decision, maybe make it so the song no longer affects his team? Just so the pretty much useless lucio has some sort of chance to live.

as a tracer main, ive been dealing with sombra for a long time, just because it now affects your mobility makes you no different, suck it up and deal with it, git gud genji main

3 Likes

Mercy had one, MAYBE two heroes to compete with for pickrate at the time, Sombra has at least half a dozen. Obviously with more alternatives, the change in pickrate is going to be less drastic. Sombra is also less accessible than Mercy, so even if Sombra is OP less people are going to switch from something they know to learn a new hero, especially when there’s potential that the hero will be nerfed and their efforts will be wasted. You can’t just look at statistics and try to balance around them without considering any other factors in play.

I and a lot of other people would disagree.

2 Likes

Stop acting like you get immediately killed after hack. Killing is the most efficient way to shut some one down and not hack. The most Sombra player are annoying but thats really all because they can’t really aim with her gun so they still need someone else helping them to shut down the enemy player.

1 Like

Stop acting like Sombra is the only one present to follow up on a hack. She has 5 other people waiting for an oppurtunity to kill you, and all of your abilities being disabled is the perfect oppurtunity to do so.

1 Like

God forbid Lucio have a legit counter.

Prepare your butts Sombra mains, Genji and Tracer mains are gonna complain about her and will ask to nerf her just like they did to Mercy 1.0. And Blizzard will listen to them because their triangle of balancement is developers, Tracer and Genji mains.
Sad. I don’t wanna watch this novel again

Sombra doesn’t need a nerf, I never played her in comp and only played her in quick play for 53 minutes.

1 Like

Like Mccree doesn’t have falloff and Soldier also plus spread. A “counter” that only affects her if she’s less than 15 meters away is such a big deal?

Why are you acting like it’s a 1v6 though?

2 Likes

I’m not, I’m just saying that Sombra isn’t going to be the only one there to follow up on it, which is what they were implying.

And you have 5 People around you as well. What’s your point? being hacked isn’t a guarantee for killing some one it just helps like also genji, tracer etc. creating opportunities.

2 Likes

Hacking passives was something hack should’ve always been capable of doing. If it is unfun to play against, maybe don’t play a hero that uses passives or maybe make yourself less reliant on those passives.

“Oh no I can’t double jump and spam fan of blades endlessly. Woe is me.”

1 Like

You’re actually belittling how strong denying the ability to switch songs is. A Lucio playing the wrong song is already huge since it screws up the whole team, but denying his utility outright is even more powerful.

1 Like

I never said it’s a guaranteed kill. But it is a huge oppurtunity and pushes the fight in Sombra’s team’s favor.

True but your team can follow up with their counters as well. When one team tries to capitalize on a play and then the other team tries to counter this is when overwatch happens. It can be a magical thing and it’s fun. But according to this place you get hacked you die and your team gets wiped. Apparently this happens every time you get hacked. So maybe people aren’t playing overwatch or maybe not playing it right🤷🏾‍♂️

1 Like