Hack should NOT Disable Passives

Hack is arguably one of the strongest CC abilities in the game, when you combine the cooldown with the fact that you can never “miss” a hack, and only a successful hack even goes on cooldown.

I get that Sombra needed changes to make her less niche, but I think the other buffs are enough without making hack stronger. The new cast time is too powerful as well, but not it’s not the point of this post.

Hack should not disable any passives. It makes the already strong ability even stronger, but more importantly it’s just not fun to play against. Most importantly though, it conflicts with instinct, muscle memory, and expectation.

With the pre-update hack, even though being hacked was usually crippling, it didn’t change how you played the character. Instead, it was just like playing with all your cooldown abilities on cooldown. With the update it actually changes how some characters play (lucio, genji, hanzo) in a way that conflicts with the muscle memory and instinct developed over time to play those characters well. It feels bad.

21 Likes

If blizzard did this the forums would instantly explode about genji favoritism

19 Likes

Yh it should.

Why on earth would lucio (example) get a free pass when hacked? He couldn’t change songs for 5 seconds? Big deal.

Look. You and all the others crying about Sombra atm have no evidence whatsoever. Just yesterday Jeff posted the top 10 pickrates of ALL tiers, and sombra is in none of them.

WHEN YOU GET SOME EVIDENCE, come back. Until then I say not even the slightest of nerfs to sombra. Enough with this community and their inability to adapt.

49 Likes

I do not think this is a good argument. Games change over time. I think every character in the Overwatch universe has undergone changes by this point. An argument that combats a change for simply being a change in a game that is known to change is awfully redundant and futile.

5 Likes

people should be banned for creating trash threads. Your topic was discussed multiple times in other sombra-threads. You are too lazy to use search button, don’t you?

7 Likes

6 seconds actually. And believe me, it feels like ages in such a fast paced game.

5 Likes

I don’t need to believe you. I have dozens of hours on lucio across my accounts and old hack wasn’t even a slap on the wrist.

7 Likes

yeah for the all ranked seasons and these sombra’s changes are really new

1 Like

Genji is already the most annoying thing to deal with, would be nice to finally have someone make him think twice about going in for a free E. Pharah, nothing needs to be said that she needs a real counter.

6 Likes

No, those stats are only from this season.

Edit:

5 Likes

Pharah already has three hard counters, though

1 Like

Um no offence but when every god-tier / pro player who is asked says that Sombra is gonna the most broken character ever you should usually listen to them.

2 Likes

You are complaining about Passives? Only 3 heroes were decently affected by new hack. Just stop already

7 Likes

“hard counters” do not get 2 shot by the hero you’re countering. Interesting though eh? Imagine if Winston could kill Reaper in 2 seconds, wouldn’t that be something?

5 Likes

Oh look, a genji main, finally getting hard-countered.

13 Likes

Oh im sry didn’t notice that but wait still before having a strong opinion about her balance at all I just want her hack cast time reverted on console because nobody can react that fast

1 Like

^^^This
Im so sick of people crying about Sombra, and acting like Sombra is a must pick or something just adapt and stop complaining I hoop blizzard don’t do the mistake and listen to this people…

11 Likes

She doesn’t get the chance to if your McCree/Soldier/Widow is pressuring her like they should be

Haha, you must not have seen good Pharah players. They know this little thing, called closing gap with shift+E, or even flying close to cover. It works really well!

2 Likes

I find it funny that it’s always Sombra mains saying she doesn’t need a nerf. Surely there’s no bias in play here.

1 Like