Groups and Matchmaking in Overwatch

Let me rephrase something I noted in the post:

Group size doesn’t matter for the purposes of calculating expected win chance for a game, what matters is the SR of the players on each team. Since grouping status doesn’t change the expected win chance, it doesn’t affect the amount of SR change you experience after a win or loss.

18 Likes
  1. A lot of pro players and streamers get a lot of hate for grouping with others. Will the LFG mechanic change that?

2. Was the LFG mechanic added to lessen the toxicity issue and do you see it fixing some toxicity issues?

3. Will the queue times be increased for grouping?

3 Likes

Good job, now fix Sombra bugs, please

1 Like

FYI, Scott Mercer is the guy who designs and manages the play mode systems. Not the hero balance.

4 Likes

ok, now fix Sombra bugs, please

Patch 1.25 does fix some Sombra bugs!

27 Likes

I know it’s probably a lot to ask, I haven’t read the entire of your original post so I apologise if this has been answered already but I was wondering if you know when 1.25 might go live? A week, two weeks or sooner?

1 Like

The LFG tool and endorsements is literally the best thing ever to happen to Overwatch so far.

The question is: When will we see it come to live?!?!

2 Likes

Thank you for the details. :+1:
Are you allowed to tell us when the patch 1.25 will be released?

The post above did not elaborate on the release date of 1.25. Here is the last statement from Game Director Jeff Kaplan on the release of 1.25:

1 Like

I see, thanks, yeah I’ve already read that but was hoping for a little more than “unknown” :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Now, can you also explain why I get in a team with people who have about 300 levels less, while the enemy has some people with about 300 levels more than I have? This happens way to frequently… And makes it nearly impossible to win. 40% chance to win sounds pretty high compared to the games I get put in…

Fix her hack colors hacked enemies should be purple and allies should be red

2 Likes

Level experience is not a contributing factor in the hidden matchmaking rating or the displayed skill rating of any player in any game mode.

4 Likes

Keep in mind that this post is 8 days old. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I am aware. But it is the last official word on the release of 1.25. If I had to take a guess, a week from today at best.

I know. But it’s still really weird, unusual. Plus, an higher level means more time in the game, which means more experience. So I think this is still not fair.

When fixed LOS bugs?

P.D. thanks for answering

I am personally at XP level 1354 and I am still a gold/plat brat. Yeah I am experienced, but that is only a tiny factor in your overall skill in the game.

Why only some? Why dont you aim to fix all of them?
Sorry i know its not your fault, but Sombras state is really frustrating at the moment and the bugs arent really new.