Got nothing good to say about 222 as , so far

2-2-2 is a bad idea.

I play with my kid vs ai so that she can have fun. Forcing comp on us when we are playing vs AI IS NOT FUN. If you think the game was broken, and you needed to fix competative fine; do it in competative, but there is no need to force roles on us.

Stop trying to fix something that isn’t broken.

FFS you managed to break the freaking game when it wasn’t broken. GET RID OF 222

2 Likes

I literally had a silver and diamond on the enemy team for the last game I played tonight. You can’t queue with people that aren’t within 1,000 SR of you (it won’t let you when you group up - my friend and I could only queue with each other in 1/3 categories) but I’ve seen some major SR differences in what I’m assuming are solos. Even in the match chat everyone was like ‘wth.’

I referred to this straw poll that VenusArmani started a couple days ago. It wasn’t accepted as “valid data” either. I know it’s not a perfect random sample done by the Harvard research group, but I certainly think it is interesting and useful information.

https://strawpoll.com/f3xz4rg7

1 Like

This is valid. And I think that’s exactly what the beta season is for. I too hope they fix that. Just to let you know, the SR from the beta season goes away. This season will be like it never happened. It’s just for them having a chance to tweak the matchmaker. The stats will not affect you in Season 18.

I want to believe that but I’ve seen absolutely nothing official to confirm it? Did a dev actually confirm it? It’s just going to be really frustrating if the beta SR counts towards your placements next season when there are so many discrepancies with SR and everything else in the beta.

I don’t think that they should implement it in the vs AI mode either. Comp and QP, I’m all for it, but not arcade or AI.

Edit: apparently it’s a bug.

There was a post that confirmed it won’t count towards next season.

Not buying it, personally, sounds like you are either in low tier or playing with just a run of bad luck.

1000 SR is very possible, and kind of meaningless in beta anyhow while the matchmaking is being tuned.

This was your first mistake.

it was. Just turned out overwatch was a werewolf.

So all the 2-2-2 haters are throwing, then blaming 2-2-2 for all the bad games. Amazing.

2 Likes

Sorry, but you have no proof of this. It could be that people just don’t care anymore like OP said, it could be some aliens that abduct people making them leave, for all you know Blizzard is sabotaging their own game.

222 does not fix skill problems.

That is a huge assumption to make there.

I am an anti 2-2-2 and still have been trying my best to win despite my role being gone.

One of the things I warned people about is that if role lock became a thing you would be giving a lot more agency for trolls and griefers to ruin your games. I was hoping I was wrong. However it seems like its becoming true and I doubt it is anti 2-2-2 people doing it.

2 Likes

It’s been like that for 2 years now

I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying here.

If looking at things at face value got us 2-2-2, then I’m all for it.

You think you’re a better game developer than Blizzard?

You have to consider:

1. matchmaker really bad at the moment. it’s unavoidable it’s a new one and need to train with real data
  2. role not doing their job and having an accordingly incorrect SR is part of this 222 matchmaker being new

Hence… give the matchmaker sometime, we shall see if the problem persist next month…

1 Like

You know, I sometimes wonder if overwatch is a “two birds, one stone” game built as a moneymaking machine and a social experiment. I don’t really do conspiracy theory stuff, but at the same time, I have never seen a development company as sadistic as blizzard in my 20 years of gaming (though I’ve heard they were once a great company; overwatch is my first and last experience with them).

Still, yeah, they silence friendly players and take ideas from quite a few bronze, silver, and gold whiners begging for the only character they play to easily dominate the roster. Almost nobody I know who played in 2016 still plays, and the two or three who do have thrown their SR down the drain so that their teams in low ranks aren’t as much of a liability… Plus, they’re blurring the roster more and more, which has made the removal of character limits almost pointless (which is the only thing that 2-2-2 solves, but it’s always been a problem for anyone who’s not a DPS in my experience).

There’s also the fact that smurf accounts roll in the dough, so it’s only natural that their “we’re doing what we can to counteract smurfs” shtick hasn’t gotten the slightest results.

One of those friends I mentioned has had this saying since about a year and a half ago: “the only way to beat the game is to uninstall it.” Me? I like some of the designs and characters and mechanics (even though I’ve never been all that good at the game), but yeah, the game is really beyond help without a ton of reverts and bug fixes that the devs don’t have the smallest intention of doing.

I dislike 222, but havent thrown any games. As such, “all haters” are not doing what is described in the statement quoted above

2 Likes

lol what…

Bro, how does role queue have anything to do with income? Must be trolling

Dps players comprise the majority of the customer base

Dps players will be facing much longer wait times to queue for a game

Many of these will find these wait times excessive, and take their gaming dollars elsewhere

Fewer incoming dollars for OW results in less income and lower profits