šŸ›° Goodman talks about Nerfs and Buffs (Updated with New Video(s) about this Topic. Ironic?)

The correct way to play Pharah is to never press Q.

2 Likes

You didnā€™t ask me, so forgive my interjection.

My answer: Remove chain beams. TLDR: It doesnā€™t fit Mercy and is hellish to balance.

2 Likes

Winston doesnā€™t need a buff heā€™s annoying as he is

True.

Also, I wanna be theā€¦ well, you.

And if all it comes down to is her ultimate I person donā€™t think that a huge deal

The hero is still the hero most of the time.

I don;t see how pressing Q makes or breaks a hero when it comes to fun factor but that is just me

TLDR: Itā€™s mostly (but not limited to), about how Valkyrie interacts with Mercyā€™s skill set.

1 Like

Itā€™s not though. Mercy is relatively balanced. Imo, I feel the -10hps nerf was unnecessary and we shouldā€™ve had that big support/sniper patch go through without it. Mercy is a mobile healer that pairs amazingly with DPS heroes and such and in that sense them saying ā€œAshe might make her more relevantā€ etc is very much true.

At the same time, how much of that relevance do you want? Pharmercy, Mercy pocketing McCree, Mercy pocketing Widow, Mercy pocketing Reaper, Mercy rezzing from cover that pocket when they go down, etc. That has ALWAYS been a big and defining part of her kit. Yet if you tip that scale too much, then you get ā€œREE DPS WATCH DAMAGE HEROES TOO STRONG ETC.ā€

You STILL get that now, even when the meta is literally no damagee heroes.

Iā€™m sure theyā€™re aware. They probably just donā€™t consider them a high priority. Neither do I.

I donā€™t need them to say that directly, I think itā€™s implied. I think itā€™s clear they do keep fun in mind, fun to play, fun to play against, even to a fault. Even if they did say exactly what you quoted, it wouldnā€™t change a thing as far as the complaints. And itā€™s not like people would be convinced of itā€™s sincerity and stuff like that. Then youā€™d have people like Titanium saying the stuff they did in this thread. Achieves nothing.

1 Like

Thinking he means a nerf / buff aka a rework to beams

Honestly still waiting on someone else to report this on YouTube

Also rushing to order a pizza (super hungry)

The more I look back at this video, the more upset I get.

I realized a few things. 1. They have no idea how to balance their game, and the reasons for changes or no changes is poor. 2. A lot of these ā€œchangesā€ seem very catered towards OWL. Remember how several people said OWL had no influence on the game? This is getting out of control now.

12 Likes

Ragtagg says heā€™s gonna play Warframe now thanks to the balance changes.
Blizzard, hire the community

1 Like

And you do? No reason for such absolutes. I have lots of problems with their balancing decisions as well, no one benefits from this sort of extreme perspective though.

Tbf Iā€™d rather people kept their conspiracies to themselves.

LOL. Yeah, letā€™s not do that.

1 Like

I donā€™t actually see it that way, I think some of these changes exist because of what the next hero does. What that isā€¦ well still jugglingā€¦ (Plus hard to entertain ideas on a empty stomach.)

during mercy 1.0 resurrect was one of the fastest charging ultimates in the game because having resurrect ready at all times was very important during mercy 2.0 Valkyrie was one of the slower ones but omg it kept literally everyone alive right now itā€™s relatively quick again because it doesā€¦ some stuff i guessā€¦ the truth is that mercy doesnā€™t do much when sheā€™s not pressing Q sheā€™s resilient heals for a considerable amount and has good survivability but she doesnā€™t have the flexibility that other support heroes have thatā€™s why she heavily relies on her ultimate to be a good hero

And she did before the rework? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This stuff is like listening to addicts rn Iā€™m not going to lie. People got a feeling, a rush of endorphins, and they got hooked, then it was taken away. Now they scream about how much they want that rush again, and point the finger at and blame everyone else. Every little thing they can think of to place blame on they do. Flankers, DPS mains, OWL, whatever.

Itā€™s really kind of crazy to watch.

2 Likes

What a nice person you seem to be lol

i wonder how they view balance though especially in a game like this where some characters might end up low tier but fully functional in casual settings.

is the intention that every hero should be playable without being a detriment to their team in high ranks or is that just something the overall public community wants that canā€™t actually be realized due to the nature of this game?

or is the intention to force characters to be viable and shift them in and out with patches?

will there ever be a happy medium where you stop balancing the game?

You know what? Yes, I do. Iā€™ve developed for very small indie games (In one right now, actually.) in the past, scheduling, 3D modeling and the time it takes, texturing, mapping the time it takes to create a object/set of code. Not to toot my own horn, but Iā€™d say Iā€™m qualified more than most.

I believe in this absolute because I had lost all my faith in their balance team in just under 2 years. It takes a LOT for a game company to do that with all the games Iā€™ve seen and grown. Overwatch is by far the worst offender.

Iā€™m not wrong though? What is making them the most money right now? OWL. Who plays OWL? Pros. Who do they need to keep happy so they can keep running OWL? The pros. It hasnā€™t been officially confirmed, but you canā€™t deny that a LARGE portion of updates have been made and catered towards being flashy and skillful, something that fits in with a esports setting.

12 Likes

Sigh
What has happened to this once beautiful game

5 Likes

Why shouldnā€™t armour be adjusted??

It hurts some heroes alot and some hardly at all which clearly need to be addressed. The meta is 3 tanks and 3 support. So what is so horrible about adjusting how armour works?

Tanks are still going to be important picks even after then changes

Scheduling, 3D modeling, texturing, mapping, all has nothing to do with balancing 30ish unique heroes with unique kits in a 6v6 objective based setting where you are given a set amount of time to move the game forward (payload, hybrid, 2cp, etc).

Not really.

Yeah, the balance team can do better. So? Iā€™m not going to go as far as to say they have ā€œno ideaā€ what theyā€™re doing or anything like that.

Like I said Iā€™d rather you kept your conspiracies to yourself. Regardless, whatā€™s inherently wrong with that? If say Reaper starts rolling low tiers, then I hope they will address that. Like they have addressed other heroes that roll through low tiers in the past. The fact they addressed that specific thing so many times in the past gives me hope.

Soā€¦ Wtf is your point other than looking for something to blame?

1 Like