šŸ›° Goodman talks about Nerfs and Buffs (Updated with New Video(s) about this Topic. Ironic?)

Another stream where devs talk about Mercy and her balance state. Yay! Her balance state is irrelevant to her issues, she used to be overpowered and she was even buffed a little bit, so I think itā€™s clear balance isnā€™t the issue with Mercy. But Iā€™m glad thatā€™s fine, cheers for balance. If we could get her to be good and balanced, that would be great.

4 Likes

that is not acceptable! they can not make a call like that when the community wants a change! they need to listen to reason Valkyrie isnā€™t a powerful defensive ultimate and itā€™s not a powerful offensive ultimate resurrect feels terrible with a cast time and i literally broke my mouse because i was holding lmb too hard because i was healing @50 hp/sec i play mercy every day or at least every other day and i can tell you it feels bad!

1 Like

No buffs to Zarya.

Sheā€™s already mandatory the higher you go in ranks. We donā€™t need to solidify that even more.

1 Like

The community doesnā€™t want a change.

The mercy threads are a very loud very small group of people. Brig is an example of a hero the community was behind changingā€¦and she got changed.

1 Like

You do not speak for everyone. Mercy related sub communities are not the first to want a change in their hero etc. Reaperā€™s a big talking point right now, look at them.

Youā€™re free to disagree with their methods. That, imho, doesnā€™t excuse you acting like theyā€™re completely ignoring complaints or alienated communities or etc etc etc.

The hypersensitivity and overemotional stuff is not necessary.

2 Likes

anyone else not surprised that this was turned into a mercy thread?

9 Likes

Not surprised at all. I was waiting for it while scrolling through, as Iā€™m always expecting people to be like ā€œWELL WHAT ABOUT THIS!!!ā€ etc when a dev posts.

They didnā€™t say that. More along the lines of Ashe is a buff to Mercy. :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

No it doesnā€™t. That represents the number of accounts created, not how many people play on a regular basis.

4 Likes

Mercyā€™s current issues have very little, perhaps even nothing, to do with balance, yet this isnā€™t the first stream they say ā€œsheā€™s balancedā€ and thatā€™s all.

ā€œOkay great, she maybe be balanced, how about the other issues.ā€

ā€œSheā€™ll be great with Asheā€

Itā€™s a non-answer.

It shows they are either pretending because said issues arenā€™t something they want to deal with, or they havenā€™t heard at all. If they disagree with said issues, just say so, they have done as much on other issues the community has raised.

7 Likes

Addressing balance is the greatest net benefit when it comes to peopleā€™s ā€œfunnessā€ and all that subjective stuff. Iā€™m painfully aware there are people who mained Mercy that arenā€™t having ā€œfunā€ like they would want to. Iā€™m not saying that isnā€™t worth considering.

There are other issues that require attention as well, priorities need to be set, followed, etc.

1 Like

i do agree that requests for mercy changes are scarce right now! but Iā€™ve seen other people ask for mercy changes maybe itā€™s not enough to get their attentionā€¦ so Iā€™m sorry that i assumed thatā€™s what most people want
the difference between the brig situation and the mercy situation is that people act a lot quicker when a hero is oppressive and brig was oppressive mercy is not

tbh Iā€™m more annoyed at them even considering buffing Zarya to be more effective against armor, more annoyed they think Reaper is fine because it doesnā€™t effect the higher levels while completely screwing the lower ranks, and annoyed that they want to buff Winston after they have already gutted Brigitte pretty much.

Screw Mercy at this point lmao

3 Likes

Iā€™m not saying balance isnā€™t important, of course it is, but saying ā€œmercy is balancedā€ and that ā€œAshe is her buffā€ - which our kind devs did twice by now - is missing the point by miles.

I know youā€™re not. Blizz however seems painfully unaware to said issues.

I gladly take ā€œWeā€™re thinking about Mercy but thatā€™s very low priority right nowā€. If Blizz said that it would constitute a vast, continental size improvement over their current, tone-deaf, ignorant answer for Mercy quesitons. Instead all we got is ā€œSheā€™s balanced and Ashe is a big buff to herā€.

I think itā€™s fair to say even those who agree Mercy needs changes would say she can wait if it means addressing other heroes and other issues.

Valkyrie is how old at this point however? And it has been changed how much without addressing its issues? Itā€™s bothersome.

11 Likes

But what are they going to change that is not going to change the core hero.

Lot of people like and play mercy already

I just hope you guys considered my 3rd person perspective Idea for Shadestep and the Teleporter (was in a link above) (Plus the Barriers that turn into Turrets thing.)

mercyā€™s play style stays pretty much the same as long as the staff and guardian angel stay the same they can go buck-wild with literally everything else
and donā€™t get me wrong i liked mercy 1.0 i loved mercy 2.0 but once it became clear that she was very powerful they started to strip away capabilities from Valkyrie to the point that itā€™s a shell of what an ultimate should be! just consider the word ā€œUltimateā€

The correct way to play Pharah is to never press Q.

2 Likes

You didnā€™t ask me, so forgive my interjection.

My answer: Remove chain beams. TLDR: It doesnā€™t fit Mercy and is hellish to balance.

2 Likes

Winston doesnā€™t need a buff heā€™s annoying as he is