GM1 end of season but got Master rewards?

Congratulations indeed.

56% winrate here. My alt with 60% ish winrate stayed in GM5. So my GM5 alt has the GM title and my GM1 main doesn’t. :upside_down_face:

my 2 mid gm alts for practice/warmup both got their GM title as well seems like we’re in the same boat. The alts were both deranked to GM5.

1 Like

In my case, it was probably pity. I am a not a very good player, and was really struggling to climb, so maybe the game just decided to give me a higher rank and solve my problem.

yeah exactly.

i can understand why your tank went up conceptually because its supposed to show your “true rank” on that role.

so if you were plat 5 but your mmr was higher then of course it would think you belonged higher.

thats why one of my alts went from plat 2 to diamond 3

the real weirdness in my eyes is when 1 role would decay but the other wouldnt. because a few streamers had that happen where their main role would of decayed but their off roles were still at the peak

I’m not sure you understand the full extent of what I was trying to say. The account I’m posting from right now got deranked from D2 to P3. The other account got bumped from P5 to D2. If that’s not the real weirdness I don’t know what it.

Overwatch 2 Known Issues - April 11, 2023

To the heroes of Overwatch,

We want to keep you up to date on some of the bugs and issues we’re aware of that are affecting the game. This is not a complete list of all currently tracked issues affecting Overwatch 2, rather this is a targeted list of some known specific issues with this release.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience, and we appreciate y’all’s understanding. Our team is working to resolve these issues, and we will provide more information as soon as we have updates!

Current Issues

• We are investigating an issue where Season Three end-of-season final ranks were modified causing lower tier rewards issued for some players, and for current rankings to have wrongly decayed. Players who reach their next Competitive Update should receive their expected ranks.

That’s not decay, That’s the game giving you a reset for the games that they played

I think it might actually be decay

I don’t think so, decay was much more extreme than what it did to you, then again, I could be wrong

I mean, they literally said that season end modification and decay was a bug so it’s hard to tell what exactly is happening but that seems to be the majority of it.

I might be missing something in your convo, I haven’t scrolled up.

That’s good to know. I suppose they’ve just edited that post because when I checked earlier today it still only talked about the wrong rewards. Which I’m still hoping they’ll fix because that’s what I’m really mad about.

1 Like

Oh, true.
In my situation though I went gm3 to gm4, and I remember I was like halfway through a reset that wasn’t great. Maybe I’m just a rare outlier that blizzard managed to do it correctly though :thinking:

This is what I’m thinking.

I’ll see where I end up when I do my next update tonight

I suppose the real outliers are those who went down entire ranks, like me. Seems to have happened to people who logged in as soon as the season began, which I did.

So for you it merely adjusted your rank to your MMR, but for me and others it wrongly applied the same decay we got in previous seasons.

Well whether it’s decay or not, the end result is pretty much the same. Personally I got lowered by 6 subdivisions (from D3 to Plat 4), which I think is more than what rank decay did in the past.

That seems about the same, it was usually 4-8 that decay did from what I could tell

well they said that accounts that logged in during the first hour got decayed while others didnt. (but its supposed to fix itself after your first promo)

thats why the “real weirdness” to me is when the decay is lopsided on an account. like someone climbs on a role but then decays on another one (on the same account)

Seems to be working. Haven’t tried support yet but my tank went from P3 straight to D3.

Now I just want my GM title an I’m happy.

hopefully they fix that for those like you that got robbed.

1 Like

This is irrelevant. I finished Top 500 and you can see me right now on the combined leaderboards and support, yet I didn’t get any Top 500 rewards. What you’re saying isn’t the issue