GM1 end of season but got Master rewards?

So when are the rewards coming in exactly? Has there been any updates from Blizz?

2 Likes

None that I could find.

I was completely expecting them to fix it with the first patch of the season, but no. The patch is live but my final rank still shows as Master 1 and I still only have the Master title.

And no, my MMR wasn’t Master 1 because the first rank adjustment of the season threw me from Master 1 straight to GM3 and it wasn’t even a 5-0.

I am not sure if there are people who have not played any games since the start of the new season that can confirm a fix but, in the patch notes it says the following:

*** Fixed an issue where players’ season three ranks would be modified when first logging into season four. Note that this patch will not immediately resolve for players who had already logged in to season four. We will be repairing these players in the coming days.**

It’s fixed for me now. Got the end of season screen again after I logged in just now, and it showed the correct final ranks. I have the GM title as well and got the extra competitive points. Career profile is also showing correct final ranks now.

Oh wow, I just logged in to check after reading this and mine still isn’t fixed. I wonder why. That’s good to hear they have started to fix accounts I guess…

Best guess I have is that they do it in waves.

Yep, fixes are rolling in now

Lol the fix actually broke it for me what a freaking joke of a game

What did it do?

Before the apparent fix i finished gm on dps and gm on open and top 500 on support and now after the “FIX” i finished masters on dps and masters on open que and gm 1 instead of top 500 on support which means i lost my top 500 challenger whoch is honestly so freaking frustrating since it was fine before the “FIX”.

Gonna have to wait for the fix for the fix then. And then hope the fix for this fix will not need it’s own fix.

Usual Blizzard business.

Ok this game is high i randomly just got rank #91 out of nowhere last season

Can’t see that on the leaderboard.

They keep denying this is happening, but it is. The MMR system is absolutely garbage, and it absolutely does ignore that you climbed past a certain rank and still tries to drag you back down to the lower rank by refusing to give you the higher ranked games.

I peaked diamond 2. I lost a few games. It didn’t switch me down to diamond 3 or diamond 4 or even diamond 5 lobbies. Hell, it didn’t even switch me to plat lobbies. It sent me directly to gold 3 lobbies. The MMR is absolute trash.

Now I’m in plat 3. I get a game in diamond 5. I win that game. The next game, you’d think, should either be diamond or high plat. I get a gold 3 game. Ok. Good luck solo carrying on junkerqueen with healers that

1. believe they know better than you if you can play JQ or not and
  2. believe they have some magical math skills that make it so the 4v5 you just created means you pushing up is feeding, so they back up and let you die to make it a 4v4.

Next game? Diamond again. Game after that? Gold again. MMR is garbage and they still have not fixed it. if you win a game, you should get a higher lobby not a lower one. But that is exactly what this dumb game is doing now. Winning a game may lead to a lobby 5 whole subdivisions lower than your last one or worse.

Im on console probabaly why

I could imagine the t500 scoreboard “lives” until the fixes have rolled out to everyone.
season 3 T500 also “lived” when s4 began as people who logged in got the derank bug.

I was GM1, got dropped to Master 1. Then I was getting high GM games while in Master 1 and skipped straight to GM3 on the first adjustment. There’s no way in hell my MMR was Master.

This is not any MMR mystery, there was a bug that applied rank decay to people who logged in early in the season, simple as that. It worked out exactly like it did in the previous 3 seasons. My MMR was still high GM after being decayed.

1 Like

STILL NOT FIXED. I refuse to play until it is, and will be quitting if it isn’t resolved soon. How this is not a top priority I have no idea.

Everyone is angry but miminosec is correct, blizz posted it on twitter stating that people have been moved to their correct mmr/rank

1 Like

That only mattered for season 4 ranking.
Season 3 ranks should not have changed like that. Beyond to what you can normally lose by losing max games without finishing a rank update.
It was a bug.

It happened to some people who logged in during the first hour when season 4 started, or so.

It’s also funny that people say that “oh you got lower rank? thats where you should be.”
But otherwise when people hit higher ranks, “oh that is a bug, you did not deserve that.”