GM1 end of season but got Master rewards?

Just logged into the game and got the “Thanks for playing season 3” popup, but it says my final rewards is Master 1 and I only have the Master Role Challenger title. So what exactly is the requirement for Grandmaster Role Challenger when GM1 apparently isn’t enough?

36 Likes

Your hidden mmr was masters then, don’t count the visual rank as ur “real” rank

14 Likes

Same, I finished Diamond 3 and logged back in to see I’m now Plat 4 lol. 6 whole subdivisions while I was still winning games.

7 Likes

you must make a sacrifice to ODIN. you clearly didnt which why you are only a pleb master 1.

8 Likes

Finished Diamond 3 and got Plat. Thanks Blizzard

17 Likes

I’m a Diamond/Silver totally not a top500 but anyways it was fun while it lasted.

everything in overwatch 2 is spaghetti code LOL. Overworked devs and bad upper management. GG CORPO BLIZZ GG

17 Likes

Yeah right, I must have ranked up to GM1 with M1 MMR, 5 entire divisions lower. Makes sense…

12 Likes

Same, ended as diamond 4 but the game shows me plat 3 wtf???

6 Likes

Oh… oh no. I just hit D4… I’m not gonna get my D-Challenger Title am I?!

2 Likes

Same thing here, was GM3 just 30 minutes ago, and somehow ended up Masters 3 after update

3 Likes

I ended the season in M5 and lost a couple of games in a row and now Im loading into the game to see which rewards I got, I’ll keep you updated

UPD : I got D4

1 Like

Well, this was the last season with decay, right? It’s not “gone” until S4… so likely end of this season.

1 Like

Same was GM 5 got put in MASTER 4 I thought I would at least get the title

3 Likes

Well not only is this decay, but the decay was also applied BEFORE computing the S3 rewards.

6 Likes

hnggggggggggg blizzard why

1 Like

Look at your S1 ranks, i bet you they are the same as your S3. I think they broke something up.

2 Likes

My rank has also went down, even in the Mystery Heroes Comp. I kept getting bumped down every season and climbed back up and now they’re saying they’re removing the seasonal decay but I still got the short end of the stick. I’ve been playing since OW1, comp season 2…

2 Likes

I also finished in Masters but it said I finished in D4? I still won more games than I lost after reaching masters, this is stupid.

Also my competitive Mystery heroes went from bronze to f#####ing gold for some reason.

1 Like

That’s not how it works, I know people boosted to GM from Plat/Diamond and they got the GM Reward

1 Like