Give us a less masculine male hero. Please. (Also the meka squad šŸ¤– )

A baby futch. 10/10 would recommend.

Iā€™d say sheā€™s pretty masculine.

Very honor focused, and soldier material.

Literally nobody said that please stop.

Thatā€™s a bit of a missed assumption there. The problem isnā€™t in people trying to cater to everyone. Itā€™s in them doing it poorly.
Thereā€™s nothing wrong with a bit of catering if itā€™s done reasonably.

Nuā€¦ i meant about being soldier material.

Please read.

And those women, ARE masculine.

Hello?!

That is fair, but even blizzard recognizes that heroes come in all shapes and sizes. They just need to keep going with the work they are already doing.

Women in the army can bench press your ego.

Now thatā€™s pretty masculine.

Thatā€™s actually a tough question. I would describe her as more militaristic. I know a lot of women who are in the military and are the same, but off duty they have more personality with a lot of variation.

But to be honest, I feel like Pharah is hands down the most one dimension hero on the roster, personality wise. We just donā€™t know a lot about her. I like her voice actor a LOT but the voice lines Pharah has does little for her character.

A lot of people want D.Va to get more lore, but I feel like Pharah could use with more character building than anyone else.

All these characters are soldier material. You give them orders with the keyboard and they follow them. Good Soldier.

1 Like

A focused message directed to a specific target audience will always be better than trying to cater to everybody.

Thatā€™s the thing though. More than half the roster excluding animals and omnics look like they were all derived from the same male or female character model. We just want variety, representation.

This personā€™s baiting you chibi jsyk.

Oh i never said that, though to be in the military in the first place, youā€™ve gotta make yourself strong.

So in the eyes of most people, yes. that fits the archetype.
And weā€™re back at square one, where that doesnā€™t matter.

Oh i am fully aware. i like wasting peoples time when they willingly fight me on topics, not aware that iā€™m only playing for a stalemate.

1 Like

I always figured Pharah was like she was less due to being in the military and more from being from a military family, you know raised by a parent from the military. Perhaps with family military traditions? Do we know if Anaā€™s parents were in the army as well?

I disagree. What matters is quality. A focused message can be botched as easily as a general one.

3 Likes

I agree with this completely. Very rarely does muscles and grit and attitude do anything for you in combat. Itā€™s more about skill endurance and most importantly organization and strategyā€¦
ā€œeditā€ ok yes, some of these may be inherently masculine. But the others, like organization may be inherently feminine, my point is that wars are won because of both qualities, beautifully different but each essential. Women werenā€™t always on the front lines but they have always been equally as much a part of the war. (Nurses were vital, raising children was vital)

1 Like

And i have no more free time at this moment.

Keep the thread civil yall!

I used to hate Pharah because I thought her entire personality was predisposed from heroic tropes. Like her voicelines and interactions were just so generic and bad.

And then I fell more into line with your thinking and I realized sheā€™s just an army brat who doesnā€™t know any better. Sheā€™s probably never drank in her life and she really just wants to do whatā€™s right.