Give us a less masculine male hero. Please. (Also the meka squad šŸ¤– )

Torb: ā€œAye! More than youā€™ll have once I have a go at ya!ā€
Brigitte: Holds him up by the shirt collar as he runs in place
ā€œPapa, please. :unamused:ā€

1 Like

Cowboy Yeehaw is very handsome. Are you pro-bad bleach job summer McCree or anti-bad bleach job summer McCree? This is important intel.

Also I donā€™t disagree at all. I wish they hadnā€™t gone the ā€˜ha ha heā€™s fat lets make him a hogā€™ route because otherwise his design is v nice.

Yes, but i did suggest a specific thing, because thatā€™s what i tend to like, and yesā€¦ because itā€™s a specific thing i decided i would like to see in game.

I literally suggested a non masculine maleā€¦ so whether they are still masculine while not being an archetype, doesnā€™t matterā€¦ because thatā€™s literally the point i was making.

Just to be clear. Iā€™m not saying that Roadhog is objectively disgusting. But I am saying that thatā€™s definitelly what they were aiming for. I can explain how and why, but frankly Iā€™m not sure if other people want to listen to the specifics. But I believe that both the original design of the character (thatā€™s the visual design, not design of the personality) as well as later alternative skins aimed for him to be unpleasant to look at.
And honestly, they did that very well. When i look at Roadhog I think of a great example of effect-aimed visual design.

1 Like

Oh i just made a vent thread about how sad I am basically that Lifeguard McCree isnā€™t hairy so lol

1 Like

Itā€™s hard to have these discussions without tripping over what the words masculine/feminine really mean. Of course buff men can be effeminate and non-buff men can be masculine, but the thread is moreso rallying for anything thatā€™s not another Soldier 76 repaint.

Thank you.

Just because i didnā€™t ask for an effeminate soldier 76, doesnā€™t really matterā€¦
Because i didnā€™t suggest that. <~<

Iā€™d rather men be men and women be women. Things just work better that way. Society casts out the ones that donā€™t belong while some force themselves to conform. Less complicated that way.

:wink:

1 Like

Several people are typingā€¦

1 Like

Me, looking for the /s in this post: :mag_right:

5 Likes

The point sir, is that some men arenā€™t testosterone fueled Soldiers looking to beef up at any given chance.

Those are still men.
Even if they are feminine.

1 Like

Why do we need one? seriously why?

Seems like this day and age people try to cater to everyone, which ironically means you end up catering to no one because you end up with an unfocused mess

ā€œA transā€

confusionā€¦

Also please stop forcing your ā€œcanonā€ on us, thank you. :grin:

Boy Have You Seen The Overwatch Roster???
Like hello??? The entire game is an unfocused mess???

We need a full evil tank so

Along with a fully evil tank, we need a feminine guy.

Fortunately, men can be men and still be other things.
And women can be women and still be other things.

I think we can all infer that comment was made just to trigger people. :wink:

In my canon no one in Overwatch is gayā€¦ or straight for that matter.
Because the writing is nowhere near good enough to account for any kind of sexuality.
Thatā€™s why the topic is focused on visual design alone, where the game can provide ground for discussion.

Oh. I meanā€¦ yea!

Thatā€™s why i did that.

Honestly it was 6 in the morning and i barley remember typing out the op, iā€™m just here now.
Though i do agree with the op.

I wonder. Does Pharah count as ā€œMasculineā€ hero?