Give us a less masculine male hero. Please. (Also the meka squad 🤖 )

Ahhhh, now you get me and all i wanted to initially know ^^

Well, you see, ask yourself why the people in the roster are in the roster. Is it because they were average that they were picked to participate in an elite military complex? Or is it because they were standing out from the rest?

Every single hero has something that makes them special.

So the correct way to go about this isnt to ask for a less manly man, but to provide everything. From a believeable backstory over abilities to the appearance. Dva for example, shes a normal, average female. And she got a reason to be in the game at the young age of 16 (before blizz corrected her to 21). As a pro gamer she had the reflexes or something, idk.

Your hero needs something like that too! A reason to be in the game.

HMU with a backstory tho, cuz i think some sorta gamer/anime MC typa character would be cool too

Yet it aint? Im not asking for skins that reveal too much, do I? And if i got my way, there would be a huuuuuge outcry eventho many male players would enjoy that, right? See where im coming from? “its just a body type” yes it is, and its just a two piece bikini or a speedo for a male too.

Yes! I would love to give a backstory… i might come back with a thread about that in the future then. Assuming it doesn’t get flagged and deleted. <~<

Also yea, like… that’s probably why i turned to the Meka squad, as there are less masculine men in this small group, who are literal heroes to their country, through fighting in mekas.

They may not be physically fit as Soldier 76, or… as inclined to grab a rifle and run full force into the enemy, but they are skilled.

This, maybe. Frankly, im sick of all the people who want a character in a game because of inclusion or something. im not against the idea of a less manly man in the game, i just need more than “yeah but its because hes less manly”.

1 Like

It’s literally not that deep. Fanservice skins aren’t the same as how a hero’s body is built. And a less-built dude isn’t more inherently sexual. Like, how is it that big an outcry? We already have Lucio. We got doomfist. The two extremes are already in the game. Lol. Literally the only difference would probably be the personality.

1 Like

SICK! im down! Ever since the Dva short, i thought about her uhhh friend dude being like some sorta MEKA pilot himself. similar to dva, but not the same.

depends on what you mean effeminate, personality wise or body form.
it’s hard to make a male hero look more female because of the pure physiology of men when being trained for combat, the only way you could have a skinny more delicate man is to put them possibly in a mech or give them an origin where they come from a less physical background.

i’d say the most effeminate man considering body form is actually genji in his sparrow skin, he has no facial hair, small stature, more neotenous facial features.
the most effeminate man in terms of personality would arguably be lucio as he’s light hearted and caring.

but sure there could be a male character less manly in stature and or in personality in the coming future. these mech riders that works along with D.va would be an ideal choice, but not the only choice.

tbh, i’d be surprised if we don’t see that type of character coming in the foreseeable future.

I’m thinking someone who pop’s up who isn’t affiliated with anyone, but saves someone important from certain death, in a home-made meka.

Firing them into the spotlight.

An anxiety riddled, small, less masculine and less “Hero material” guy, who just wanted to be like his idols?

Perhaps having followed in Torbjorn’s footsteps, studying his mechanical and technical history.

1 Like

Well, Overwatch does take place in the distant future, and by then, I imagine that everyone can express themselves however they want, without being ridiculed.
(Probably because the omnics are the new hate targeted group of that era)

So yes, I agree. I’d like to see a feminine male character as well. Almost all male heroes in this game is oozing with Testosterone.

Thank you for your feedback!
And i’m glad you agree.

This game is FULL of masculine men atm.
And we just got another one.

1 Like

Oh damn, sonds great bro

Aye, his voicelines could be that he is really thrilled to be with the other, “cooler” dudes from overwatch. Like “Holy ****, is that Dva? Theres Mercy too! And is that Soldier76? Yoooo, theres Cree too! What???” Overly excited, you get me?

That sounds good, but I hope they don’t… overdo it. You know what I mean? A little bit of fanboy/girl is fine, too much is annoying.

That’s exactly what i was thinking!!

Someone who cannot believe they are in the “place” they are in life, due to what they’ve built.

Someone who’s awkward and less of a “hero” than you would ever expect.

Their emotes could be them being clumsy and all around not really confident, maybe even pulling an anime style thing and dropping something, and scrambling to catch it.

(Like Tracer’s bomb spin emote)

Yeah i get you bro

I had something like Dvas and Lucios interaction in mind. He knows them, they probably never heard of him and hes really energetic about it.

Im thinking Peter Jason Quill fumbling around with the orb in front of the collector :o daaaaamn!

Fumbling around and then acting like it all was planned, that would be dope!

So since we’re on the topic of the Meka Squad.
What do you think they could do as characters. I mean what actual abilities could they have in the game? And now would that link with the Meka-eject ability.

The interactions with other heroes would be amazing as well.

“Oh… whoa… i never thought i’d be in the same room with Reinhardt…”

“GET OVER HERE… Every new hero deserves a good welcome! HahaHAhahaaa”

The only thing I could see getting in the way of this is how overwatch is revolving around “heroes” and therefore blizzard is trying to make all the characters be “peak male physique” or “peak female physique” because that is what (generally) fits the “hero” archetype. I completely agree with wanting something different I’m just worried something like that wont happen based on how out of place a character like that could fall into the roster.

apart from that though I would love to see it happen and genuinely hope it does.

I don’t want Maximilian as a hero particularly, because I don’t think it makes much sense. But I love him as a character. And when they had him in the cinematic for Storm Rising, his voice, personality and attitude were exactly what I expected.

He’s the kind of male character who doesn’t fit a “macho” archtype that I’d like to see. A scheming opportunist who has a taste for the finer things in life.

On the topic of the Best Fanboy; I always liked Phil Culson. You can see he’s a fan, that’s clear. But he can be a fan and still keep his cool.
I don’t like “fanboy” characters in popculture who turn into mushy idiots every time someone vaguely known walks into the room.

Isn’t the whole ,new to the action" thing already done by Orisa and Brigitte though?

Tracer already does this exact same thing