Give us a less masculine male hero. Please. (Also the meka squad šŸ¤– )

GAH i need to like this.

:blue_heart:

Yeah Junkrat is the most masculine person Iā€™ve seen

Yeaā€¦ and many emotes have similarities.

I can see him jokingly challenging Tracer to a race, orā€¦ asking Torb for some mechanicā€™s advice.

Tbf Junkrat is literally shredded

Just saying he might fail to stand out

It all depends on what it is. like, if he had an emote where he tries to act all confident and trips himself up, maybe has his hoodie fall over his face.

hmmmā€¦ Im would be thinking something related to MEKAs, like, the dude could repair dva real quick? But then dva would be a must pick for him to be viable.

Maybe his ult being that he can give a team member a temporary MEKA? it would fall apart after a few seconds but for the time being it would boost their health and give em some protection or something. His other abilities could be connected to that, maybeā€¦ A standing shield? Like Meis wall but made of metal and with some gimmick, idk, lil window in the middle or something.

I think itā€™s cuz heā€™s such a stick that the only thing separating his skin from his organs is a thin layer of muscle

1 Like

I would support this for the reasons you gave. Thank you for not making it about gender or sexuality. I would love for the community to embrace the fact that men are not simply muscles and hair. I want to see some sensitivity and gentleness. I believe a real man is in a lot of ways, a care giver.

I feel its more of a matter of blizzard accepting that fact because as I stated before they seem to have the ā€œheroā€ archetype in their head and dont wanna deviate too much from that.

Thank you!
And yes, this is exactly what i wanted it to be about.

Some men just arenā€™t that way, and i donā€™t see much representation nor much actual reference to that in many things nowadays.

I mean, heā€™s carrying a tire on his back at all times while surviving in a wasteland. Homie needs to be pretty strong

Mercy: ā€œReinhardt, donā€™t break this one!ā€

That poor kid better hope the team has a healer after that incoming hug. XD

tbh, if they would make a new male character, iā€™d want them to be socially shy and awkward.
for example:
Reinhardt: Hey recruit! itā€™s time to get out there and make a better future!
New hero: ā€¦ oh i-iā€™m sorry iā€™m not a recruit, iā€™m a fellow overwatch member.
you probably didnā€™t notice meā€¦ i get that a lot. no one ever does, but itā€™s ok. iā€™m fine.
Reinhardt: you okay there buddy?
New hero: yes!.. wellā€¦ noā€¦ iā€™m a bit insecure if we can do this, but we got to try right?!

because it doesnt sell. like I know im being kinda cynical here but like I just feel blizzard does this sorta thing throughout all of their games. like try and think on 1 blizzard game that a male character is how you described, they just dont make them because they dont think they can market them.

When you get down to it itā€™s a very lazy type of character creation. Big, tall, beard, muscles, maybe scar. Done. Anyone off for drinks?
And apart from the slim NormalMan type, thereā€™s a hell of a lot of other manly body types not on display here.
For example: Where is the manly man with a little bit of weigth to him?
And i donā€™t mean Pigface (who btw is a whole other body topic discussion waiting to happen. [actually it probably happened ages ago])

Reinā€™s hugs are more than likely a running joke in-universe.

I can see a follow up line being him saying to Mercy:

ā€œHey, uhā€¦ does Reinhardt usually hug so hard?ā€

And her being like ā€œOnly when heā€™s in a good mood, you should be fine~ā€

1 Like

This.

I like this

Socially awkward, and not really ā€œreadyā€ or trained to be a hero.

Anduin from World of Warcraft was ā€¦ kinda-sorta like that. I mean not really feminine, and they did give him a make-over and have him ā€œgrow into form,ā€ so to speak. But his personality is that of a gentle pacifist, and heā€™s not a brawny warrior, at least. (Though, as I said, still has good physique).

So I guess theyā€™ve explored the idea, but ā€¦ yeah, youā€™re probably not wrong that itā€™s a marketing thing.

Which is really weird because a lot of their playerbase is probably similar in character to what the OP wants. But I guess people would rather play characters they aspire to be as opposed to what they are. (And we all know how society drills it into boysā€™ skulls that they ā€œshouldā€ be manly and muscular, and yada yada. As if thatā€™s the only ā€œrightā€ way to be. /Sigh)