Give me a renewable currency

When I purchased the season three battle pass, I was happier then ever to see there was what I thought was a renewable currency. I finally thought blizzard did something right. A couple of days later, I read a forum claiming that blizzard tricked me. They let us earn “credits”. Except the credits aren’t the same ones used to buy more battle passes. They’re recoloured versions of the credits used to buy specific content for characters. Im extremely pissed at this- One thing they could do is transfer half of the number of credits onto overwatch coins, since theres 2000 available in the entire pass, so 1000 overwatch coins (battle pass currency). And 1000 credits. (Hero currency). Or they could give us an option to transfer how much of one currency into the other currency (excluding competative coins)

10 Likes

Its fine as is as long as over time they add older skins into it, This way there will always be something to grind out the coins for, but still have a strong incentive for people to buy the battle pass or more recent skins from the shop.

With that said they should change the art in the battlepass as its very deceptive and kinda sleezy to make it look just like the premium currency to make its value proposition look higher than it is.

3 Likes

So you didn’t read the details?

That’s not being tricked, that’s not applying due diligence.

1 Like

Well considering how much it looked like overwatch coins, and how many people claiming to have my same opinion, I’d say people were actually tricked. Because before, “credits” were coins that you had after overwatch one was shut down, being turned into a limited currency you couldn’t get anymore and you could only spend once. Being coloured white. And look how shockingly similar the two are when put together, especially when the credits earned in the battle pass are colored yellow

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s been known since season 2 the credits would be legacy credits and not coins:

At some point y’all need to accept some personal responsibility, look into things instead of simply glancing at it and going “hEuHyUp LoOkS gOoD tO mE”. It’s pretty much a meme at this point that on one hand players talk such a big talk about Blizzard being so “scammy” but with the other they’re clicking the “purchase” button and crying they got scammed

Nice PFP by the way.

i thought they renamed it to overwatch credits instead of legacy credits as that is what it was called before the changes in season 3

The other thing a lot of people over look is you get 1500 coins, over a period of what 90 days or how ever long a season last. That is just enough for one older skin, and 400 short if it’s one that is priced at 1900 for some reason still.

Meaning under this new system, even if BP skins eventually hit the shop you can spend coins on, it would take over a season to get enough through BP for one single skin.

All ow1 skins should be 1500 or less. And a season is 9 weeks. So 9 weeks for a free ow1 legendary skin. It’s a start, hopefully more monetization changes to come.

Im not worried about skins, im worried about battle pass renewability

I love how people seem to think Blizzard tricked them here.

I’m no fan of Blizzard but I will say they didn’t hide or scam anything. They literally said CREDITS.

Since OW2 came out they had the old “Credits” from OW1 and added the new “Coins” for OW2. COINS are for all new OW2 cosmetics while CREDITS are for all OW1 cosmetics. They never said you would get COINS with the S3 BP.

:person_facepalming:

They also don’t want to give away free season PBP every season to everyone. The $10 for the PBP is how they keep money coming in to support the game. Granted I still think it’s to much for each season but it is what it is.

1 Like

OW1 players on their way to get thousands of dollars worth of premium currency :sunglasses:

It won’t be the first time there have been applied deceiving practices since OW2.

2 Likes

They even made coins and credits look alike, named them alike… See three posts above yours for a veteran player mixing up the terms. Deliberately causing confusion with the currencies is one of the many vile corpo tactics that they learned from mobile games, and it needs to be called out. They’re slimily avoiding blame on technicalities, always getting away with as much as they legally can.

2 Likes

Thank you. Finally someone with common sense.

2 Likes

This.
I don’t know how this hasn’t implemented yet. It’s almost identical. Even prior to the battle pass portion, it took me a few times to remember which ones I was spending.
I don’t know who designed that and thought “Hey, this is fine.”

It’s not. LOL.

Legacy coins were turned into basic credits (white coloration) but were colored yellow in the battle pass, and serves as a secondary currency to the “overwatch coins” which are able to buy both battle pass teirs. Battle passes, and things in the shop

They literally renamed them from “Legacy Credits” to “Overwatch Credits” despite, you know, not actually having anything purchaseable from them that wasn’t legacy stuff from OW1. It’s hard to argue at this point that they’re not being deceptive.

1 Like

Common sense figuratively slapped you across the face 9 posts before this one.

In his defense, there is a clear color difference in all aspects of the shop that shows legacy credits as silver, and OW coins as gold. The ONLY placed where legacy credits are gold is in the BP. Doesn’t take a genious to understand why, and the OP’s confusion, as many others, points out what Blizzard was trying to do, get people that depended on the color of the currency to buy something as they thought they were getting premium currency, when they just mislabeled it.

Literally on one hand you have players screaming or hearing that Blizzard is a scammy company, then the same players are going to the store seeing a ‘color swap’ and going “hEaHyUp LoOkS pErFeCtLy NoRmAl AnD nOt ScAmMy To Me”.

Buddy, no. At some point we need to apply a little personal responsibility and due diligence on these matters. We’re at the point where we’d rather defend someone’s dumb uninformed personal purchase than accept the reality that all the information they needed could deduced by even a short examination of the product in question.