Give me a renewable currency

The entire point of having multiple currencies in a game is to trick people up and make them was money on multiple purchases. It’s also a way to be one step away from paid MTX.

It’s a super old trick to say you don’t buy a skin with money, you buy tokens with money!

Honestly that just sounds like victim blaming to me.

Not their fault Blizzard is a snake oil salesman at this point.

1 Like

Boo hoo then

There’re no victims here, just buyers refusing to exercise an expected modicum of self restraint and due diligence.

Snake Oil would suggest that the credits were marketed as coins, but players received credits instead of the coins that were advertised.

If OP and the rest of the buyers are truly victims of a snake oil scam, then they should have no problem mounting a class action lawsuit.

Except they were, there is two main ways to determine if its a coin or a credit, shape and color, they were colored like a coin. That’s irrefutable.

Except they still weren’t named coins.

Aesthetic facsimile’s aside, the wordings were different and this information is citably old news from before their implementation.

Again, if the “vIcTiMs” have a case, they should be able to mount a successful lawsuit.

Funny how you even remark that they are shaped similiar, have the same color, yet still stand up for Blizzard, its the most bizarre thing I’ve seen in a while.

I’m surprised anyone even finds anything worth spending money on that blizzard puts out at all. The BP sucks, their skins suck. The only one I’ve seen that didn’t revolt my eyeballs is medusa widow. Everything else is so low effort i genuinely can’t fathom that people even want to hand over money for it. It makes me want to do an art series redoing all their terrible skins.

2 Likes

Funny how you refuse to accept the reality of marketable wording being the proverbial wrench in the gears of the argument of aesthetic characteristics.

I can accept the reality of marketing techniques and simultaneously tear them down by asking the simple question: “but did you read the simple details?

I stand against people making uniformed dumb decisions, that doesn’t mean I stand up for Blizzard as a result.

People lack personal responsibility, and it bothers me more than some overtly see through marketing does.

If I see a box labeled oreos, looks like an oreo, is colored like an oreo, and in small print on the back, it says not oreo’s. I’m not the one to blame, neither is the OP or others make the same mistake, its false advertising, plain and simple, the fact that the industry isn’t regulated yet doesn’t excuse them of this.

1 Like

im just honestly happy we can get currency for the older skins like it gives a oppertunity to buy skins we dont already have ro gotten a chance to during overwatch 1 depending on when account was created

Riddle me this: Why do you think Blizzard chose to use yellow-colored credits on the battle pass? I can see two possible reasons:

1. They’re deliberately trying to deceive people into thinking they can earn “new” currency on the battle pass.
  2. It’s a mistake, and given how much you value “due diligence” it’s a bit ridiculous you’d even defend them over it.
    If you have a third reason, I’d love to hear it.
2 Likes

You’re not making a proper analogy.

In this case it would be a package using the same colors, maybe similar font as Nabisco Oreos, but are called something generic like “Creamwich” with a summary saying what the product is somewhere on the packaging.

And guess what, this is already done en masse:

https://imgur.com/a/1ono5Ir

You’re telling me when they scan the package of KaleidOs, purchase them, take them home, eat them and then go “Kroger tricked me”, not once did they stop and look at the overt details of the marketable information and realize that they didn’t grab actual Oreos and are in fact unfortunate victims of deceptive marketing?

Buddy…

B u d d y…

It’s overtly manipulative advertising at worst (which is what advertising does anyway), again if it’s false advertising or worse a scammy snake oil product, then Blizzard would’ve been sued at some point. But guess what? The arguments have no merit because all the details preventing this from happening in the first place are available to the consumer who chose not to do anything with the information prior to making the purchase.

That does sound nice. But we should probably focus on the current problems

i know there is many problems with the latest update but currency to me isnt a problem

I’m a veteran player… I didn’t get them mixed up. Maybe people need to read more clearly.

Either way, they have different names and those aren’t that hard to mix up.

Coins are the new OW2 currency.
Credits are the old OW1 currency.

Well good for you. But Vilkath did (and I hope he doesn’t mind me using him as an example, but my point is that it’s an easy mistake to make). All we’ve got is anecdotal evidence, but having even just a few people mixing them up is proof that they can be mixed up. I think it’s fair for us to expect Blizzard to avoid that as much as they can. Use highly distinct icons, and use highly distinct words that aren’t both just words for “currency” that have been used interchangeably in OW (and other games and scifi) before now. Or at least let me call them inept/sleazy if they don’t.