Give headshot back to bastion

like please come on, with all the new hero since the release of the game, bastion only got nerfs,

great he is getting a fix for the PTR, yes fix, because the patch he recieved last year was not a buff but a severe nerf

why would you take out spread and headshot from his sentry ?

anybody, i mean anybody can kills him , especialy phara, where before the patch bastion was her counter, now she is his counter, like WTF
(the time bastion hit the reduced-spread to kill phara, phara would have alredy killed bastion 5 times because of the dmg direct hit buff she recieved…puting bastion at the same state as before)

as for reinhard, he just need to charge at bastion and he is dead, where before, you aim at the head with headshots, now he is really taken as a joke.

there is alot of player saying bastion is OP, but anybody in the game can kill him,
if you know nothing about the game, the first 15min you wil lsay bastion is OP.
but after that you will see that its so EASY to kill him,
take a step he does 50dmg/sec, a step back he does 25dmg/sec…thats not even a joke…

4 Likes

I almost had a stroke trying to comprehend your reasons for headshot Bastion. Really, Winston comes close to killing Bastion? On what planet do you live?

9 Likes

oh yea that i might need to change XD

i meant using normale /ult / normale

7.5 - 15 damage per round at 30 rounds per second = 50? (255 min)
Is this new math?

His recon mode does 80-160 dmg per second.

His falloff is 35m-55m in sentry

thanks to the spread, its randome about the hit damage you get

they’re thinking about adding backwards bloom to him like the Negev AlphaVI

yea like i said, i saw the patch notes,

About pharah, bastion is still her counter. At every range beside sniping distance, bastion out damages her if he is aiming at her. Also, pharah’s dorect hit damage is exactly the same as before the patch. The patch only nerfed her splash damage, leaving her direct hit damage at 120. Bastion is not okay right now, but giving back headshots is not the answer. Any hero can die from any other hero given the right circumstances, but if you are implying that any hero can 1v1 bastion and win, that must be the worst bastion to ever exist. Headshots would allow him to do way to much damage if they could aim and would easily lead to him being OP. Rein is dead if he charges at bastion while bastion is shooting him as long as there is more than 2 feet between them. As a rein main, I know this and have experienced it. Also, rein’s charge does not one shot him due to armor, he has to use an extra swing to kill him if bastion was at full health. In that time bastion only needs some of the now common burst healing in the game to continue to live and destroy. I have not seen a bastion is OP thread or heard it in game in months if not over a year. I have almost 20 hours on bastion, and can attest to it not being so EASY to kill him. Don’t just sit there and let them destroy you, move and suprised the enemy. Adapt to the new bastion. He is only good as a stationary payload fixture on very few maps. If you want to play him more, flank and startle the enemy. After 2 or 3 kills, move and suprised them again. Bastion is not so UP that he is an instant death button against any other hero. You have grossly over exaggerated his weaknesses even going so far as to list who he counters as the opposite

Sorry for the wall of text

You haven’t played much Bastion against Pharah then… with his current spread, he can’t do anything against her.

If you’re sitting on the hump of Volskaya B, and a Pharah is flying in the choke with a Mercy, the Mercy will outheal the Bastion’s damage…

7 Likes

I would like to test out the proposed spread changes first, and if that’s not enough, then maybe add 1.5x headshots. I think 2x might be a bit much though…

I think if they do these changes properly, then he’ll be good. I just hope they’ll do it properly.

1 Like

That is a different senario than what was in the OP. You never said she had a mercy with her. If she has a mercy with her, ask your healer to heal you and melt mercy first. Get the other dps to help. This is a team game. You worded it originally as a 1v1, so I responded the same. You should still win the fight in a team senario. Like I said, he needs a buff, but headshots aren’t it

Yes, but if a Mercy can outheal him, then that means he’s doing less than or equal to 50 DPS, which means it’s a 4 second kill on a Pharah. This gives Pharah time to use 5 rockets, which deals 600 damage, which means she would easily win in about half that time.

Her damage wasn’t buffed, but her fire rate was. And if she’s getting directs, that means she has a pretty massive buff over what she used to do against Bastion because missing is basically impossible. Whereas Bastion recieved two nerfs against Pharah with his rework (lack of headshots and a massive spread nerf).

I’m not saying he definitely needs headshots because Pharah, I’m saying he’s countered by Pharah pretty hard instead of being a counter to her like you suggested.

The ability for Bastion to get headshots while in Sentry mode was removed because, combined with his high rate of fire, it could absolutely shred through everyone. It was removed so that people could survive longer when they were being hit by an enemy Bastion in Sentry mode.

So reduce his base damage, leave headshots in, leave his spread alone (from his pre-rework values, not his current spread)… He doesn’t shred everyone, he’s less effective in lower tiers, and he’s more effective than he is now in higher tiers.

The spread reducing buff is stupid, because outside of being completely counter-intuitive, anyone who you want to use it to kill will just outdamage you before unless it literally takes one second for it to become as accurate as possible (i.e. Hanzo.)

I kinda wish he could “spin-up” manually (when not reloading) and reduce his spread without shooting (but it’s loud)… not sure if that would get a bit OP though. Either way, I think if they do it right, it could be a really good change. And a bunch of games do that with LMGs. Pretty sure Black Ops 3 or something has a HAMR gun that does that.

You didn’t pay attention to what I put, if he also has a healer on him and focuses mercy. Also, I said bastion not at sniper range, which is the only range he will do less than 50dps. If he focuses mercy she will retreat and pharah will be either left alone, or also retreat. Also, if you are worried about movement, recon mode can headshot and you can move, so easy to kill pharah if you can aim. He needed those nerfs as he was melting people even more than now. Pharah + mercy does not make pharah a bastion counter, it makes those 2 combined a counter. Bastion still counters pharah.

The BO2 sentry gun did that if you took manual control or the death machine also did, as it was the sentry gun but in your hands.

I’m saying ignore all healers. No one has a healer. I only stated that Mercy can outheal him because that means that he’s doing 50 DPS or less, and that proves it. And is Volskaya B to the choke “sniper range”? Because that’s the distance I gave. I’ve had that happen many times.

Yes, Recon is more accurate and can headshot. But if Bastion’s answer to every problem is “just use Recon instead”, then why play Bastion over Soldier? Soldier is better at controlling his spread, which makes him a more effective Pharah counter than Recon mode Bastion.

Given only Bastion and Pharah, Pharah will win every time unless the player is stupid. If you’re managing to lose as Pharah against a Bastion, rethink your playstyle. If you’re just assuming that Bastion wrecks Pharah, and you’re not speaking from experience, go play one of them. You will either wreck Bastion as Pharah, or get wrecked by Pharah as Bastion.

I already told you I have 20 hours on bastion, so I am speaking from experience. If you are trying to say that my argument makes my experiance invalid, or somehow you have twisted it so that I am the pharah and losing a lot, you are incorrect. Also, recon mode is better for range as it can do the same amount of damage at sniper distances as at 2 feet away. Sentry mode is better at short to medium range for massive damage. Pharah will never win a 1v1 against a bastion if they have any idea of how to use him. I haven’t even brought up his own healing yet or that pharah cannot heal herself. The door to point b is at the edge of medium to long range, so it makes sense he is losing his edge in sentry mode. Recon mode is better than soldier 76 at long ranges, and turret is better than soldier at closer ranges. Your argument boils down to he will lose as he does less than 50 dps at long range against a character with no fall off so he is UP. This true of his damage, but is intended as he should not be able to out damage a healer at all ranges. He is OP then and would be a must pick

Recon mode has damage falloff, not sure what you’re getting at here…

You must have fought a lot of really bad Pharahs then… If she stays at a reasonable distance for a Pharah, there’s no possible way a Bastion can win.

Bastion heals at 75 health per second, and Pharah does 120 damage per rocket with a fire rate of 1.33 per second. If Bastion heals, he’s most definitely going to lose because he just gave Pharah completely free damage.

Soldier’s falloff range: 30-55 meters
Recon’s falloff range: 26-50 meters

Soldier does more damage at longer ranges

At very close range, yes. At anything beyond about 20 or 25 meters, no. Here’s some data on that if you want it. That can be taken as a best possible case scenario against squishy targets because the training bot is much fatter than squishies, and roughly the same height (give or take about half a foot or so).

Volskaya B to the choke is not long range. He shouldn’t be able to counter snipe a Widow, but he should be able to do decent damage within his effective range (35-55 meters for Sentry).