Give Hanzo Reverse Falloff

Give this to Widow too. I think it’s ridiculous that she counters Winston in higher tiers because of that 300 DPS headshot which is way too easy on Winston.

This would be the point- to give hanzo an appreciable weakness instead of “im amazing everywhere”

7 Likes

Hanzo should actually just have falloff.

Hanzo is unique bc he’s the first actual dps hitscan hero that can counter Winston’s barrier fast enough before Winston goes I’m and out.

He should have falloff.
He should have a clip
Storm arrows should not be able to crit.
Storm arrow CD should match Winston’s barrier

I’ve been saying it for a few months. Great idea.

you mean the way they do with widow?

6 Likes

I’m on board with this. I’m the one who made thia exact suggestion a few weeks ago and it got 150 likes

2 Likes

Hanzo is not a sniper. The game may classify him as such, but he doesnt play like a sniper at all really. He is more of a mid-range.

Then how about we make the fall-off happen at both ends and give him a “mid range” sweet spot? sounds fair, right? :^)

2 Likes

I’m betting you dont play much Hanzo. You dont seem to care if any nerfs make him trash tier again.

Hanzo is currently too strong, bud. Sorry I know you really want to protect your main, but he is. No amount of you trying to protect him will change that.

I don’t think he needs big nerfs, and my “suggestion” was what we call a “joke”.

4 Likes

yeah, and Widow doesn’t have reverse falloff, and Hanzo is supposed to be played in the same range as McCree, which is both why Cree is so bad, and Hanzo is never used like a sniper.

Well, it sucks that he is strong Very long range, Long, Middle, Short, Very Short range. I mean… How on earth can you make a hero broken in all ranges? Lets then remove fall-off for all heroes and there we go, we have little Hanzos everywhere…

3 Likes

Unfortunatly the current situation is:
If hanzo hits you close range, he does deserve to kill you.
If hanzo hits you medium range, he does deserve to kill you.
If hanzo hits you long range, he does deserve to kill you.

I do not think it is fair.

3 Likes

calm down, i was just giving suggestions. The idea came to me while playing paladins, since two sniper characters have this thing and it works well enough, becuse they have the means to keep distance.

Right now hanzo is the only dps worth picking with two tanks and three healers. He can fill every niche at the same time. Short range burst, long range killing potential, barrier buster and is the only one outside of widow to be able to punch through 3 healers.

People talking about “protecting our mains” were saying the same things when we were warning people about what these changes would do. It’s impossible to be right here.

I understand that Hanzo is strong right now and could use some twerking but, can we stop with the hyperboles. It’s the whole thing that got him here in the first place.

2 Likes

You can nerf Storm Arrows and Ult charge to oblivion for all I care, but don’t touch Lunge. It makes Hanzo the incredible character to play he is today and should have been in his kit from the beginning. Nothing feels quite so satisfying as making a flying leap off a building and pulling a crack headshot off with his primary. It plays well off Genji’s double jump and makes Hanzo truly feel like a counterpart Shimada, while his brother dashes high he dashes low.

And seriously, if anybody has an issue with Hanzo’s leap on a 4s cooldown I don’t understand how they can tolerate Genji’s double jump passive with no cooldown (which is spammable and arguably far more difficult to aim at when he’s right on you), or his Swift Strike that takes him 35m in literally any direction and is the only ability to completely reset its cooldown upon killing enemies.

2 Likes

Flashbacks of the times when WoW Hunters couldn’t fire arrows in melee range :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Or just do it to Storm Arrows!

That’s kind of the point xD.

They gave him a tool to get out of bad duels… he should be most effective as a mid-range sniper, not as a pseudo-Reaper who can also snipe.

3 Likes

I’m not sure people realize how bad an idea reverse fall off is in this instance. I honestly think he should get ranged fall off and be out in mid to close range if anything.

2 Likes