Give Hanzo Reverse Falloff

yeah, and Widow doesn’t have reverse falloff, and Hanzo is supposed to be played in the same range as McCree, which is both why Cree is so bad, and Hanzo is never used like a sniper.

Well, it sucks that he is strong Very long range, Long, Middle, Short, Very Short range. I mean… How on earth can you make a hero broken in all ranges? Lets then remove fall-off for all heroes and there we go, we have little Hanzos everywhere…

3 Likes

Unfortunatly the current situation is:
If hanzo hits you close range, he does deserve to kill you.
If hanzo hits you medium range, he does deserve to kill you.
If hanzo hits you long range, he does deserve to kill you.

I do not think it is fair.

3 Likes

calm down, i was just giving suggestions. The idea came to me while playing paladins, since two sniper characters have this thing and it works well enough, becuse they have the means to keep distance.

Right now hanzo is the only dps worth picking with two tanks and three healers. He can fill every niche at the same time. Short range burst, long range killing potential, barrier buster and is the only one outside of widow to be able to punch through 3 healers.

People talking about “protecting our mains” were saying the same things when we were warning people about what these changes would do. It’s impossible to be right here.

I understand that Hanzo is strong right now and could use some twerking but, can we stop with the hyperboles. It’s the whole thing that got him here in the first place.

2 Likes

You can nerf Storm Arrows and Ult charge to oblivion for all I care, but don’t touch Lunge. It makes Hanzo the incredible character to play he is today and should have been in his kit from the beginning. Nothing feels quite so satisfying as making a flying leap off a building and pulling a crack headshot off with his primary. It plays well off Genji’s double jump and makes Hanzo truly feel like a counterpart Shimada, while his brother dashes high he dashes low.

And seriously, if anybody has an issue with Hanzo’s leap on a 4s cooldown I don’t understand how they can tolerate Genji’s double jump passive with no cooldown (which is spammable and arguably far more difficult to aim at when he’s right on you), or his Swift Strike that takes him 35m in literally any direction and is the only ability to completely reset its cooldown upon killing enemies.

2 Likes

Flashbacks of the times when WoW Hunters couldn’t fire arrows in melee range :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Or just do it to Storm Arrows!

That’s kind of the point xD.

They gave him a tool to get out of bad duels… he should be most effective as a mid-range sniper, not as a pseudo-Reaper who can also snipe.

3 Likes

I’m not sure people realize how bad an idea reverse fall off is in this instance. I honestly think he should get ranged fall off and be out in mid to close range if anything.

2 Likes

YES!! This has been my biggest problem with Hanzo, he is OP at any range. That is why I don’t think Widow is OP. Her weakness Killing people at close range.

Widow can snipe point blank. Difficult, but if a horrible Widow like me can do it to Tracer…anybody can.

Maybe that works in bronze. Or the enemy team are just boosted brainless players running straight towards you while being focused.

I think this is generally a bad idea. Giving a projectile hero less damage the closer you get feels like you’re going back to the old Hanzo habit of inconsistency (as accuracy gets more inconsistent the further you get with projectiles).

There’s a nerf coming soon and a bunch of numbers can still be tweaked (like the CD of Lunge). I don’t think we need something as convoluted as this.

1 Like

Is that why I see pros doing it often?

A good Widow is hella dangerous. They can point blank you.

If a Tracer or something else flanks her then she isn’t going to be able to fight close range. And the only time she can one-shot anyone point blank is if the whole team is there to protect her.

We’re playing a different game it seems.

We still have accounts on the same forums it seems. We are having different standards of what a valid argument and example is it seems. We have seen completely different videos of pros play it seems.

Not even close to the dumbest suggestion ever. I’ve literally seen people who want Scatter back.

Also Reaper shots good to 20m? Definitely an exaggeration by a salty player who has no real experience with Reaper. This isn’t a comparison because Hanzo and Reaper have different playstyles and roles.

He didn’t include numbers, so it’s speculation on how it could be balanced. This would only apply to Storm Arrow as well. You would still have your regular shots doing maximum damage

If they make hanzo able to constantly keep his distance by spamming lunge, it would not be a problem, but the ow community is already complaining about his mobility. If it is kept at the same cool down, the distance of lunge itself is not enough. The other problem why it will not work due to how the engine works. Create a custom game with no cooldown for hanzo. He literally can fly, lol.