Give Hanzo Reverse Falloff

i doubt this would kill him, but would actually give him a legit weakness to be exploited. Snipers shouldn’t have reaper tier burst at close range

3 Likes

We have a GM claim with no profile!

2 Likes

guys, this is about hanzo.
Right now hanzo is way too strong and still defines the meta. He needs some nerfs that lower his impact, not just a cooldown increase

3 Likes

Anything to nerf Hanzo. I’m getting real sick and tired of his [redacted].

7 Likes

Jayne a widely known overwatch coach the cause of many ranking up and an overall great player has stated you don’t brawl with the meta. A well functioning team can Separate the squishys from rein and zarya and then you won the team fight

I mean, sure. But that’s beyond GM level play.

1 Like

Not necessarily I think reliable dps can get the job done at any rank it just requires a ton of focus and communication. The biggest problem would be a good hanzo on the other team preventing healing by taking out a healer. Yes it’s hard to do but it is definitely possible and effective.

“well functioning” in every ranked game there is a huge chance your team will not function well together. OWL is different so obviously he can say that.

1 Like

Honestly, I think reverse falloff is a terrible idea as Hanzo’s optimal range has always been mid to close range.

Right now Hanzo’s issue is storm arrow. Storm is what makes him much more forgiving so I am glad to see a nerf for it on PTR.

Well it depends now solo queue it will never ever ever happen but with the new lfg system I’ve had two teams that actually had great communication one of them we actually did exactly what Jaynes said (two of us watch him so we explained it) and we dominated first point route 66. And the other team I think was good enough to do the same even tho we didn’t have to worry about it. My point is the new lfg system helps if your lucky enough to get people who care.

Wow basing everything on luck now great argument.

Dumbest suggestion ever, definitely a suggestion made by a salty player who has no real experience with hanzo. I dare you to go in and play mid-far range only and see how inconsistent your aim is against actual players who knows how to dodge shots, and with winston jumping on your or flanker sticking to you like glue in close range. Also, since you want reverse fall off, that means no real damage at all, so you are only allow to melee in close range only once per 1 full second. See how well you do, afterall, this is what you want hanzo to become. As a side note, Reaper is a close range fighter, and his shot goes up to 20m before it’s garbage, so you can only shoot when you’re 20m or further away as hanzo.

Old Hanzo, scattershot close target. New Hanzo, storm arrow close target. Just different method with same effect. Only difference was that scattershot has limitation but AoE, whereas storm arrow is single target and can be use anywhere.

2 Likes

Wasn’t really looking for an argument bc I already proved my point I was joking about the luck because I gave two examples of where I found two perfect teams. My bad I thought you would catch. You should know it’s not hard to find teams that are dedicated

Surprisingly enough, at GM on console it is hard to find teams since most of the ones i’ve found are foreign and don’t speak english.

Personally I would say to solo queue diamond and above bc people are always on comms in that rank

Storm arrows are still better than Scatter, though.

1 Like

And he’s currently OP because of lunge and storm arrow.

1 Like

I have asked for this for Pharah for a long time. Take away her self harm but give her rockets a ramping up minimum air-travel time distance in order to reach full damage potential

1 Like

Widowmaker’s SMG just got a buff on PTR not nerf. At the maximum range the fall off damage is only 50% per bullet now instead of only 30% damage that she used to deal earlier.

Edit : My Bad, I didn’t know that Widow had no falloff to start with. In that case, yeah it’s a nerf.

She currently does not have damage fall off applied to her primary weapon. Rife mode or sniper mode. Considering how large her spread is I didn’t think it needed fall off.