Get over it and give constructive feedback

as i said before

Now we can have a better discussion.

Thank you for changing your tone.

I sympathize with Mercy mains. I donโ€™t agree, but I sympathize.

I have been on the Mercy megathread, and there are very many that maintain polite attitudes and give constructive feedback. There are also a lot of toxicity, some from other Mercy mains and everyone else that disagrees. Those that disagree do become toxic, and Iโ€™m sorry for that.

That doesnโ€™t mean we should return toxicity, or even direct it to the developers.

Keeping cool and not getting upset is what separates effective advocates of change, and whiny entitlement.

But the sad truth is that Blizzard, and Jeff Kaplan himself, said they like the spot Mercy is in. This means they disagree with you, Aria Rose, Silawatsi, Sovereign, and every single Mercy main that wants the changes.

Like I said earlier, this doesnโ€™t mean you should just shut up and take it. Absolutely keep discussing things; keep making posts asking for changes; you have every right to, just as I have every right to ask for changes to my mains.

Iโ€™m just asking that the whole โ€œBlizzard doesnโ€™t listenโ€ โ€œBlizzard is incompetentโ€ narrative be hushed down.

Its insulting to the developers, and you will not get any sympathy from them if you keep spewing it.

1 Like

What I mean by fair is, the majority of players, Mercy and non-Mercy players alike donโ€™t have an issue with her. As for balanced, speaking in terms of statistics, she is far from it.

Most people are saying old Mercy is more fun simply because they compare her current kit with her old kit. The main culprit for why current Mercy is unfun is Valkyrie; an ultimate that simplifies her kit and does everything for the Mercy player.

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฌ๐”‚ ๐“˜๐“ฌ๐“ฎ ๐“’๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ถ ๐“œ๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.

No amount of constructive feedback is going to get Blizzard to do any changes other than number tweaking at this point. There is no point in giving feedback beyond simple balancing issues that Blizzard could fix by changing a number in their code. I do not see Blizzard ever addressing the issues many describe relating to the lack of fun playing Mercy. No point in giving any feedback to Blizzard what so everโ€ฆ

1 Like

There is literally more things you can do with Valk and more decision making involved.

This is objectively false. Titanium explains it well:

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฌ๐”‚ ๐“˜๐“ฌ๐“ฎ ๐“’๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ถ ๐“œ๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ

2 Likes

I disagree. Constructive feedback is the cornerstone for change, and even if someone disagrees doesnโ€™t mean we should stop.

If you believe in that, than we wouldnโ€™t have abolished slavery and gotten womenโ€™s suffrage and so many great things we have today. Keep in mind, these issues took years and years of discussion, and we still havenโ€™t stamped out racism or sexism in our culture. I donโ€™t think we ever will, but Iโ€™m not going down that rabbit hole.

Patience is the key in having change. Patience and persistence is what brought our societies to what they are today. Nothing changes overnight.

Appreciate that you linked something from Titanium rather than that other person but are you really expecting me to read through all of that to find whatever it is you want me to look at?

Compared to regular non-ult play there are a lot fewer decisions. No need for target prioritization. No need to carefully consider your positioning so youโ€™ll be in range to guardian angel away in case you get chased by an enemy. And hardly any dodging or evading either. Valkyrie is 15 seconds of playtime where the player is hardly needed.

Oh, apologies. Just read the first two sections in her post.

If you still believe in change, then sure. I donโ€™t believe in Blizzard, nor do I believe they will get off their behinds and put in any decent amount of work to rework anything. If any change to Mercy requires more work than to change a number in the code then itโ€™s not happening.

I feel like this clip disproves most of the things you said about Valk.
Imagine that same play with Mass Resโ€ฆ not impressive or anything at all.

If they bring back massress it would be a revert with tweaks, not another rework though. And they said that they wont bring mass ress back.

Huh why did you reply to me with that clip?

Oh, replied to the wrong person

so you mean a ult that was used to not support but rather contest yea because thats the perfect use of an ult meant to support
which didnโ€™t even matter in the end because she couldnโ€™t keep her team alive

Itโ€™s one of its uses, there was nothing that could have been done at that time for it to be used โ€œsupport the teamโ€. Apparently giving your team another chance at recontesting isnโ€™t supporting.
But hey, just pressing Q to undo the kills would have been better /s

after a grav definitely bringing back 3-5 teammates is loads better and actually feels great

This by itself is not a revert since again, a revert is to go back to a previously existing state. Mass Res with LoS fixed, a cast time and a new e ability has never previously existed all at once therefore it is not a revert but rather, a rework.

This is also wrong. They said they wonโ€™t revert her. What Iโ€™m suggesting is a rework. Again, reverting isnโ€™t the only way to bring back mass Res. :blush:

1 Like

โ€œIโ€™m usefull because I pressed a buttonโ€. Thatโ€™s exactly why itโ€™s not a thing anymore nor should be. The only good play from that would have been for the Mercy to not get caught in the combo and thatโ€™s where it ends.