"Short dash" reverts camera

When performing “short” dashes to a wall/floor, immediately turning afterwards may get reverted due to this “fix” from 1.52:

• Fixed a bug where Genji could sometimes not immediately look around at the end of Swift Strike, which happened more often when dashing towards a wall or ground

Video from highlights in a matches:

Original thread

This is a repost from PTR because despite the fact that only 5 threads were created regarding bugs with 1.52, none of them were apparently looked at and this bug has made it to live.

I was first put into an NA server when I went into practice range, so this was easy to notice with 230 ping, however I usually play with around 80~90 ping and it still happens there, the window during which your movement will get reverted seems to increase based on your ping.

While you’re at it, fix the rubberbanding that’s been part of dash since 1.47:

Videos (first two are with 230 ping, third one is 90 ping):

For reference, this is how it acted on 1.51, before the change: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd3Nt1ClpT0

Previous title “Immediately turning after Swift Strike gets undone if performed with higher ping”

1 Like

Still an issue after 1.52.1, please address this, it’s disorienting.

Still happening after 1.53, seems to mostly happen on “short” dashes (dashes at a wall/floor). I’ve had it happen multiple times now during matches and it’s completely disorienting. Please fix this and the many other bugs that popped up in the recent updates.

Bump, please fix this, I’ve updated the bug details and added a new video:

This is still happening, incredibly disorienting and frustrating.