"Genji was so bad before"

Mid tier doesn’t mean balanced. His kit was weak and his ult was strong. He was a bladebot, which is what people are complaining about his ult now.

1 Like

He didn’t need a buff, yet alone this many.

I think the worst part of this joke is the deflect cancel. Like, what on Earth were they thinking? Oh, wait, they weren’t.

I ain’t expecting any changes, because if the minds’ that conceived this are anything to go by, then the more likely thing to happen is more buffs lmao…

8 Likes

He was in ok state like most heroes now he’s a must pick in all games

Lmao, “general consensus” from who? Pay more attention and stop living in a forum bubble. The community thought he was one of the worst heroes in the game. The developers said they thought he was fine and it became a meme.

Ah yes, the person who only plays Genji so he can’t see how terrible he is to play against

1 Like

It’s not even the general consensus. It was facts laid out by the developers themselves.

9 Likes

yea when u have someone like whoru on genji he is going to roll the enemy team
he can legit 1v3 the backline not cuz genji is broken but he is actually just insane
remember the time they posted this ? everyone went mad ever know why ?

Yeah, because they were all in denial about it and Noh called them out on it in the post:

So much so the pro’s and streamers alike went out of there way to one trick these hero’s in competitive to prove they were actually just bad and the stats were lying. What they found out was both Soldier and Genji were able to destroy teams, in double shield no less. Meta’s the shouldn’t have been good in.

Jake still has vods out there of him one tricking soldier and dominating teams to “prove the devs wrong”

did they really do tho ? or is it just u claiming that they did ?
can u give me a streamer that played genji after what they said ?

jake is just an insane player bro u can’t just be like
one player played well that’s it that hero is good

also i don’t believe in straight up stats to balance the game around
ALSO do u know who is saying that genji and soldier are fine at that time ?
the same people who made brig remember that ? release brig ?

TLDR: Genji was a fun hero before, a hard hero to master who remained a rewarding pick, even when countered

Now he is mega poop hero >:(

1. It wasn’t just one player, that was an example of one of the players who went out of there way to try and prove the devs wrong.

2. Insane or not, if these hero’s were viable enough that one person can destroy teams with them. They were clearly not bad.

and jake was never really that insane.

He objectively wasn’t, despite what Genji mains would have you believe. We have the proof in the form of his stats. He was fine, and there are a lot of heroes who were languishing in far worse shape completely ignored (and now rendered even more irrelevant by OP Weeb).

1 Like

well
i can dominate as dva in 2 tiers lower than my actual rank
she is probably good right ?

yea totally i see what u really are now
excuse me now i won’t waste my time here

Hold cow.

This guy wrote a thesis, on Genji

I love your support for the community but it might be a better use of your time to write these for local newspapers, they might even pay you…

1 Like

Yes. Pro’s playing in top 500, against other top 500 and world class players in the same rank, is exactly like you playing in bronze.

Not delusional?

Best not too. The stats weren’t in your favor. And still aren’t for that matter.

more like 4.6k is the same as 4.2k games
and people who scrims and get a pro coach are the same as 4.6k

wanna balance the game off stats ? SURE

go ahead nerf ashe and genji
rein , ana and brig if all of that happen i am fine with genji getting nerfed

Lmao. Their are tier 3 teams who scrim and have pro coaches who are plat my dude.

So not just people who scrim with pro coaches. Just the ones that fit your narrative. In Overwatch league and maybe contenders. That play top 500 with the rest of the world class players.

Also lets be real here private profile.

A meta shift can dumpster these hero’s, and has, multiple times in the past. That’s exactly what happened to Genji. Now he’s been buffed into a broken monster that is working in Meta’s that he shouldn’t be good in. That’s the opposite of balance.

no i mean actual good players
like pro players