Genji main privilege is real

Well, obviously.

Yeah this bit got me because he was already better than Echo; now he can literally delete her, as can almost every other hero. LMAO.

3 Likes

This is actually why Sym and Sombra never get buffs, despite needing them.

6 Likes

You mean “future OWL players”? Sorry, you didn’t make the cut.

i would say no one here is privileged when the devs balance around being fun to watch rather than fun to play.
We all lose

Genji was underpowered for a year+ before he got buffed. Yeah, clearly favoritism.

But this is just not true.

The largest fan base is Mercy Mains, followed by DVA mains.

And those heroes have been through hell. It’s exclusively to do with OWL and him being fun to watch

1 Like

But Doomfist is “fRuStRaTiNg To PlAy AgAiNsT aNd PoOrLy DeSiGnEd”

Lowlifes who still think he needs nerfs because they play without a monitor.

Jokes aside, Genji was better than DF and probably equal to echo before the buffs, these just skyrocketed him.
I don’t mind Genji having his time in the sun, as long as they’ll fix it or buff the other 2

1 Like

Its possible theyre testing the waters with “hypercarries” and playing around them.
I hope not though, i much prefer heals and support in general to be focused around tanks than around hypercarries.

2 Likes

A character finally becomes relevant after years and y’all start crying. Lets be real you will whine no matter what.

For me Genji is embodiment of worst things you can have to fight against in this game - high mobility + high lethality.

But because of that, DPS are literally NOT part of the team anymore. Heals are focused on tanks, because for DPS they are no use - their healthpool can go to 0 just from one or two accurate hits, regardless from how much HPS is applied.

Is that why he hasnt been viable in any rank over Diamond in over 3 years?

This has been debunked by the devs themselves.

2 Likes

How? I haven’t seen any statement by the Devs.
If the only people who have been able to get value out of Genji in Masters+ are Genji only players, it doesnt make him anymore viable than Mercy or Sym :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

False. Therefore this:

is also false.

Dunno if I count as a Genji player if 99% of my playtime on him is pre season 7 but I’ve been saying that nonstop until the last patch, and I’m not even a DPS main.

People are forgetting that 6/16 isn’t great for DPS in OW. At any given point in time you typically have 3-4 DPS significantly outperform the rest.

More like they buff one role, it makes game frustrating for another roles, so they keep buffing that role, as it’s now majority.

No we arent forgetting that. Thes top picks are called meta for a reason. But being non meta doesnt equal bad. He was average performing and looked way better than actualy bad performing heroes. The thing is that Genji players try to redefine what it means to be viable and only if youre literally the top dog dps, youre actually “good”.

1 Like

That doesn’t make sense.

Are you saying they keep buffing dps so now dps players, who make up a majority of the playerbase/hero roster, are frustrating the other 2 roles?

…what?