Genji is now unplayable (And how to fix it)

My god the 29-27 dmg and 30-24 ammo was literally a nuke to the hero. It’s honestly so funny how Genji has had the most nerfs in the game because bronze players lack skill and whine about him, and the overall the annoyance (but not broken) factor of his kit.

It’s so funny because blizzard doesn’t even know what he actually needs nerfed, but admittedly he did need a slight nerf. He didn’t need his damage touched at all, ammo itself would have been fine, as this indirectly makes his blade harder to get.
But if they wanted to nerf him in the best way, they should just make his deflect non cancellable. A cancellable invincibility (in most cases) ability is too much of a get-out-of-jail-free card. This change would be all he needed. But now he’s back to just being a blade bot, and why play him when tracer exists type hero.

And don’t even get me started on why they decided to nuke genji and for some reason need junkrat too, but not sojourn.

5 Likes

This stuff is hilarious…you might as well say nerf Genjis double jump by one meter. Thats a really important nerf.

15 Likes

bait post. Denied - I agree, this nerfs are hilarious - didnt respond to Genji ez playstyle and allways guatanteed kills without any skill.

8 Likes

I’m able to play genji he is not banned, how is that unplayable?

7 Likes

Genji isn’t a #1 pick anymore so he is “unplayable” according to genji mains

46 Likes

there is no motive to play when tracer exists or atp reaper with this meta

3 Likes

There is no motive to play the majority of the cast believe it or not more than just genji exists. You don’t need to one trick the strongest heroes in the game then act like it’s the end of the world when they get balanced.

9 Likes

dont worry they have plan a buff in season 2 if they dropped alot since they allready predict it

i heard it something like buffing his dash to have shorter cd or something

kinda wish they just revert some of change insntead buffing other aspect of it

1 Like

yeah so genji totally got balanced now go look at all t500 players reactions and tell me that he didn’t get overnerfed

6 Likes

bruh even ml7 who is known biased and hate genji think he overnerfed LMAO

4 Likes

It’s blizzard balancing of course he was overnerfed in the wrong direction doesn’t mean a nerf wasn’t justified. It’s not easy balancing a hero held together by 20 different techs and sketchy mechanics.

1 Like

yea but i think for once they should get it right because if i remember they are pushing his 30th nerf.

Genji mains make the funniest posts. The moment he gets any nerf he’s “nuked” and “unplayable”.
Meanwhile sym, brig, and mercy mains are literally :skull:

29 Likes

yea bro trust im aware they’re completely horrid rn they need buffs/reworks as well, im just saying genjis nerf was too much. Just adding another hero to that list

Bronze players do just fine because bronze Genji’s can’t play him.

Blizzard said Genji was being nerfed as he didn’t receive any nerfs moving into OW2 even though he received indirect buffs from 5v5 and was now overachieving across ALL ranks.

Does it make you feel like a big strong beta to bully Bronze players for your misinformation, lil broflake?

7 Likes

I’ve seen far more whining from Genji players than from anyone else.

The absolute irony of making a “stop whining and git gud” thread that is almost entirely whining about having to git gud.

With all that skill of yours, you should be fine. Especially when they get around to nerfing Sojourn.

14 Likes

I mean literally nerfing the wrong aspects of the hero that wasn’t even an issue to begin with is terrible game design. I’d argue not one single person on these forums can actually play the hero at a competent level and actually do anything with him. even prior to his nerfs. What they should have nerfed was the dps passive stacking with blades own speed passive, and he would have been fine the ammo nerf is tolerable the damage nerf makes zero sense. Period. There’s literally no way to spin that to make sense. “Just because YOU” struggle to shoot him or kill him or you positioning is terrible and you constantly get punished isn’t because the hero is broken. It’s just you being bad. Now sojourn is a hero all of you collective should hate hero is literally free Ello if you have half a brain.

2 Likes

its kinda messup that they allready have a plan if they underperform, have something to do with buffing his dash being lower cd

this buff gonna made low rank player even complain about him lol

1 Like

I mean I can still play the hero and win or pop off. Is it fun putting in double the effort than what I would have to playing reaper or sojourn to get value? No it isn’t. Should the hero be gutted because the average player base with the loudest voice are gold and bellow? No not really. Their whole balancing philosophy was to balance top down and nerfing genji the WRONG way is the issue the fact he got nerfed is what ever the way they decided to nerf is the issue. It doesn’t fix anything. But then not touching sojourn makes zero sense. And before you mention genji is all over top 500 leader board he isn’t the first pick. It’s sojourn and there’s other heros sprinkled in such as tracer echo widow. And of course reaper. Genji was already naturally falling out of meta the nerfs honestly weren’t needed.

1 Like

The nerf is totally justified, tired of a hero would kill you by touching you and with his ult he could wipe out the entire team in a millisecond.

4 Likes