¿Sombra?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Care to elaborate what exactly is wrong with her now?

i was playing with a friend to get some quick play challenges. inbetween matches for deathmatch foolery i always pick sombra regardless and it is weird you cant chain hack anymore. i got some kills but it was on a zen dude who wasnt really fighting back… still everytime in that mode i just slealth around and go “BOOP!!”

not gonna try a real game with her… ill just play someoene else…time to give sombra a vacation

She’s just annoying. If you run kiriko, she does even less than she did last patch.

I failed to follow what Kiriko has to do with Sombra?

Her cleanse removes the hack.

Is on a long CD. Still - yes, counterplay is there.

P.S. It’s interesting to see how everyone cares about Genji post-patch but nobody does so about Sombra who received way harsher nerfs than Genji.

5 Likes

Basically the balance and the match making system are total chaos now. Genji/Sombra nerfs leave Sojourn with no competition so right now if you don’t pick Sojourn you lose.

Sombra is bad but so are other dps except maybe widow still being viable, right now it’s Sojournwatch

5 Likes

You’re wrong about me though.
I don’t care much for Genji.

The first thread that you have included was made because I was curious what genji players think of his current kit.

And about Sombra, i do think she needed nerfs

You hear more about Genji because genji is a more popular character and his mains tends to be very vocal.

I didn’t mean thread author(s). I’m also not a Sombra main. But the engagement & amount of responses clearly show who’s more important between the two of these heroes.

A bit of an exaggeration and she’s okay thanks to it being 5 vs 5 but kit wise she’s just outright worse than her OW1 version. Does slightly more damage (And ONLY to hacked enemies) at the cost of not having her OW1 version’s silence duration. The damage nerfs were too heavy handed given she’s never really been a multikill murder machine to begin with like Sojourn or other snowballing monsters.

6 Likes

The meta right now is any dps that does heavy damage so characters that 1 shot are favoured here. Basically hanzo, junk, widow, hell even genji can do that quite often. So it’s not Sojourn only, yes she is the most fluid but that’s another story

It’d be alright to increase hack cooldown to maybe 5 or 6, lower the ability lockout duration to 1.5secs. Sombra can’t chain-hacked every 4 seconds except emp to rewrite the hack.

Now the hack is just poitless. Y’know the enemy team have certain ults but you can’t prevent it before the combat. If you hacked a bit earlier but failed to catch the enemy the exact same time he’s pressing Q. He could then just ult whenever he wants during 8 secs.

Being chain hacked as a solo tank is annoying, sure, I get it. But that’s more of a overwatch 2’s tank problem. You can also being chain cced such as slept, hooked, sticked by cassidy, etc. They should give tanks a passive so they can’t be chain cced for a few secs. And sombra would be fine.

But no, let’s nerf junkrat.

4 Likes

That’s rather unlucky though and Cowboy’s grenade isn’t CC. Hack just isn’t well-suited for 5v5.

Anyways, I got the feeling that nobody wants to complain? I guess she’s “mostly fine” then?

She has no purpose. Without hack her damage is trash and even with hack it’s only mediocre. She has only a short weapon range. Her translocator looks nice at first, but because of the high downtime and potential deathtrap situations it’s not really a great ability. Hack duration is so short, most people don’t even notice they were hacked and the visible through walls effect for your team has actually almost no real advantage because most of the time you know they are there anyway. And EMP has become one of the weakest ults in the game … it basically only works if you can combo it perfectly with an other dmg ult or to cancle some enemy ults.

6 Likes

Definitely.

Genji is simply more popular among the younger audience and weebs. Why do you think he keeps getting multiple OWL skins, even recoulered ones?

To blizzard and a good chunk of the playerbase is Genji one of the most important characters in the game.

1 Like

I’m glad some people are talking about how badly she was gutted with these changes.
They could have left the damage buff while hacked, or bumped her overall damage output and it’d have been alright. Otherwise, it feels like we have to work 3 times as hard as anyone else to get a kill.

Soujurn remains untouched.

:confused:

3 Likes

People are too busy with the poster boy Genji atm.
Sombra got her damage nerfed from OW1 to prepare her to OW2 with the 40% damage buff on hacked target. But while 40% was likely excessive, now that the nerf is in she’s back to her OW1 levels of damage… on hacked targets. I.e. in general her damage is even worse than in OW1.

OW1 Sombra was an EMP bot and a niche pick at best, for 2CP and health packs control. Oh wait… in OW2 health packs hack duration is halved. And 2CP? What does that even mean, hello? Yeah. Logic.

2 Likes

She definitely feels a little different.

The hacking change isn’t a problem because I hardly chain hack, I mostly hack the targets that are low HP or a healer that has strayed away from their team.

I’m still racking up at least 20+ elims with 15+ assists a game but the damage boost nerf has cut my damage by almost half. Most times I would be doing 8 - 10K worth of dmg but now I’m doing about 5 - 6K.

2 Likes

I suspect that she’s not “mostly fine”, at least for the average Joe. Even before the patch I hardly ran into that many Sombras but so far post patch? I haven’t seen a single one. Meanwhile Genji’s in every game; this is fine by me, but shows that nerfs don’t necessarily mean that a character will vanish after a patch that’s rough for them, and there being no Sombras around isn’t some natural effect to be handwaved away.

I imagine that Sombras are used to being nerfed out of regular level play and have simply moved on to other characters. Perhaps my first impressions are wrong, or perhaps Blizzard can pull a rabbit out of the hat with the next balance patch, but so far I’m putting the Sombra rework into the “failed” pile.

3 Likes

Sombra right now feels like a total outsider. Her skills lost most of the impact, 1.5 sec silence that is guaranteed to never repeat in 8 seconds is a joke. Not because chain hacking was impactful, nah. But because it very much limits hack use to counter ults. If you hack and attack Moira and she immediately goes Ult - well, you can’t shut down her now.

And her Assasin role got nerfed to the ground. Sure, you can kill someone hacked, if you do it perfectly right and all… but with all honesty you can do it way easier with any other DPS. Soldier with his sprint is just as mobile and more effective as an Assasin with way longer range. Reaper too.

So, like in good old times. I have fun playing Sombra. My team - not so much)

4 Likes