Genji is now unplayable (And how to fix it)

when you advocate for bap unnerfs, i’ll help you out.

Bummer because as a noob genji is very challenging to figure out how to be good. Which makes it fun…Owning the back line is the reward for the time spent figuring him out… I can tell you having played quite a bit this season my teams didn’t see any competitive advantage when I roled Ginji…

… I kinda main all those characters and regularly outperform the players on the other team in the same roles.

I can’t understand why Blizzard doesnt just add a CD to his double jump and maybe increase his rmb spread.

4 Likes

Indirect buff? One less tank, lesser CC and dps passive + dps passive bug, when every assist count as own kill! Wooow problem is bronze Genji can kill Gold players! And so on. This isnt problem in T500, where target tracking is almost as AI perfect.
Once again Genji has 5 passives!!! 5!! Usually has hero 1-2

• double jump
  • wall climb
  • cooldown reset
  • dps passive OW2
  • 2 types of shooting - pinpoint slow/spread spam 0.68sec x 81dmg
8 Likes

You won’t find me disagreeing that Sojourn needs a nerf. She does. Genji did too.

As for Reaper, he was considered to be average/weak until he was used in OWL. Don’t let OWL players tell you what is/isn’t good - it took them a month to realise Tracer’s falloff had changed. Think for yourself.

6 Likes

I personally don’t think the nerf was that crazy, it’s a hard hit, but it just punishes the Genji players that aimlessly spam shurikens

1 Like

he is still crazy good if at all anything i would say mei reentry is a bigger nerf than anything blizzard did.

2 Likes

(Edit: Bro I literally said this in November :skull::skull:)

it seems like that at first but it’s really not. lmao look at t500 players reactions to his nerf

The forums are so clearly biased against Genji it’s worthless to discuss anything here.

1 Like

Reaper was good and being used before ow2 officially released

filled with lots of anti-genji people here who dont care about balance. all they care about is “i want to see less of him and deal with him as easily as possible”

2 Likes

Forums in a nutshell…

Genji gets nerfed from an OP state.

Genji mains flood forums saying he’s now a throw and weak.

They get mocked on forums for having to try now.

Genji mains insult, attack, and cry about anyone disagreeing.

Genji gets randomly giga buffed.

Genji mains still claim he’s weak and need buffs.

Genji gets tuned down again to a fair state.

Genji mains run to forums to scream how out of touch devs are and how unfair and bias they are to Genji.

Repeat.

3 Likes

Learn to adapt and get good.

Otherwise find a new hero to one-trick.

5 Likes

So nothing to do with him being the 2nd top pick in the top 500? Bronze you say? People complaining about him at all levels and the developers already stated he is overperforming at all levels.

How did you manage to be so wrong and point the finger at bronze?

8 Likes

One tricking needs to be sabotage reportable tbh. I’ve had so many losses because of Genji or Hanzo mains trying to force them into Pharmercy, all while screaming the team sucks, and there’s no healing.

You’ll soon learn that Genji mains will spin anything to be against them in any way.

Proof is everywhere he was over performing, was one of, if not THE top DPS pick for a bit in all ranks, with screen shots and data to back that up.

But to them it’s “made up” and he’s “never played” because he’s “Garbage” and a “throw”.

Even after his summer giga buff a while back, he got FIVE buffs in one patch, and they still said he was too weak and needed more buffs.

4 Likes

Git gud or something, that’s what Brig/Doomfist/Symmetra/Ball/any other hero mains were told.

6 Likes

This. When DPS get OP it’s “get good” they’re just “playable” now.

When a support is strong and can deal with a DPS…

“Broken” “No aim” “No skill” “OP” “Nerf” “Dumpster them”. The list goes on.

2 Likes