Genji in a nutshell

I saw someone else do one of these for Brigitte, so I thought I’d do one for Genji.

Genji pokes from a distance to build ult because he has no damage fall-off
I shoot at Genji but he’s too far away to do real damage
Genji ults and gets nano boosted
I flash Genji but he gets to keep his ultimate after getting stunned for some reason
Genji kills 5 with nano blade
Our Roadhog is the last one alive
Genji farms Hog to have ult next team fight

72 Likes

Your internet must be so bad that it takes multiple patches to actually send your post.

26 Likes

You REALLY hate Genji, but it always seems to be an issue with you or with Nanoblade.

So, we have this must pick healer Nanoblade boosting a balanced DPS who has most of his power in his ultimate.

So let’s nerf the balanced hero due to the must pick healer.

Okay!

31 Likes

Genji isn’t balanced.

45 Likes

Stats say otherwise. You can cry about Nanoblade all you want, but you don’t have any real arguments to say he is overpowered.

20 Likes

Yes he is.

15 Likes

The stats prove Genji is too strong. Don’t lie.

10 Likes

Well, it is one of the few ults that has very very few and situational counters when nano boosted. Nano shatter, nano reaper ult, nano most ults are able to be countered by Zen or Lucio. His is just very powerful on its own, that nano is just the cherry on top.

3 Likes

Go ahead. Send me statistics. Prove to me he is too strong.

15 Likes

But it doesn’t make sense to nerf Genji in a meta he isn’t favored in, especially considering it’s due to an ultimate combo.

4 Likes

Genji mains always come out to protect their overpowered main on threads like this. It’s best just to ignore them.

12 Likes

If he is that op then play him to get ez gm

I’ll wait

5 Likes

Wait why should Genji lose his ult for being stunned?
He has to come to you to deal damage.

As if getting stunned mid-blade isn’t already a death sentence. Genji’s ultimate would feel like absolute garbage if you had to add stuns on top of the other 980215867490 ways to kill blade’s value.

Nano is literally the only reason Genji is a decent pick right now. That doesn’t mean blade itself is broken, rather the way nano interacts with blade that is.

2 Likes

Replace Genji with the word Reaper. Same arguments apply.

6 Likes

Isn’t there like a whole thread about how brig stats indicate that she was perfectly balanced before the nerfs? Stats aren’t facts

5 Likes

No, no it doesn’t. Reaper’s ultimate does damage to everyone around him, heals him for 50% of the damage done, and immediately begins doing damage the moment Reaper presses Q.

Add nano boost and Reaper has self heals on top of now having the equivalent of 500 hp. While dishing out aoe damage that kills most 200hp heroes in a second.

I’m not trying to say Reaper’s ult is better, but the same rules do not apply simply because the ultimates have completely different strengths and weaknesses.

I mean… are we just forgetting that Reaper had a whole meta that revolved around being nanoed and using his ultimate?

1 Like

Even then Brigitte’s statistics exceeded Genji’s with a fairly decent pickrate

Her pickrate was around 2-4%, and maintained a 55-56% winrate at that time, which blatantly showed she was too strong.

Now, pickrate and winrate do not determine strength individually, but when a high pickrate is combined with a highly above average winrate, it does dictate that the character may be too strong.

4 Likes

Ok buddy, sit down.

None of us are attacking or shaming you, nor calling you names or threatening you.

If you were here seeing your main about to be unjustfully nerfed I doubt you’d sit there and take it either, so don’t be a hypocrite.

Ikkio has been civil and has asked for statistics to prove your point, to which you have done nothing of the sort and have disregarded it as “GENJI MAIN LOGIC”, you are the one who is refusing to have a civil conversation with the ones you are targeting.

You automatically call us biased, when you are biased yourself. You have put all Genji mains in one basket and assumed that they are all toxic, which is blatantly false.

Maybe instead of attacking us immediately and using ad hominem, you could discuss your topic civilly?

21 Likes

Not to mention that Reaper isn’t exactly a viable hero, he gets extremely weak the higher up on the ladder you climb. Reaper’s ultimate is one of the weakest in the game because of how easy it is to counter because you can stun him out of it.

His ultimate is not his main part of his kit, Dragonblade IS Genji’s focal point.

It’s literally two entirely different ultimates that aren’t even comparable in any way.

3 Likes

welp
genji shoots his shuriken that i avoid with ez
tries to get in but gets stunned or just shot dead
he ults and gets nanoed
gets slept/stunned or solo ulted
he loses and flames

9 Likes