Game Pretty Much Ruined By CC

That’s why you give the characters guns. It’s also why high mobility pretty much always comes paired with short range.

Yeah sure. Like mccree can counter tracer without flash or 76 can counter Doomfist

McCree needs three bodyshots to kill Tracer. Less than that to force her to back off. Also, why is McCree having a random 1v1 with Tracer?

You might as well say Junkrat struggles against Pharah, so the whole game needs guided SAMs.

I talked about a fair system to limit teams with cc heroes. I’m just hoping they are going to do something about it. I sometimes ask myself what’s the point of playing main tank when cc keeps coming and coming. It really makes you feel like a toy for your enemy.

Because mccree is the go to tracer counter specifically because of flash

1 Like

I hate disagree, but if anything this game needs more CC. The heroes that have strong CC arent good and as a result cannot control the inevitable return of dive if they force 2-2-2. If they dont add more CC, dive will reign again because nothing will be able to counter it.

We can either increase the effect of the CC (say increase time hacked to 8 seconds, or flashbang stun to 1.5 seconds, maybe make mei freeze last longer etc.)

This may seem bad but we have heroes with abilities that are essentially self-stuns. While they may be cancellable, Mercy still has Rez and she cant cancel it and everyone keeps saying that Mercy is fun to play, so if a hero that literally stuns themselves is fun to play, CC is no where near as threatening as it needs to be.

1 Like

I don’t feel any better have Doomfist grinding me to dust. Glad there is cc to stop him

I like cc and over time heroes. In general, counterplay should be about stamina and opportunity imo. CC is my favorite aspect of what separates overwatch from things like rainbow or even fortnite

It’s only because he has flash that anyone would ever think it would be remotely sensible for him to take on Tracer at her range.

In any other game McCree would be a DMR… not quite a sniper, but still ranged support.

What you’re asking me is how does a DMR take on an SMG up close.

They don’t.

They take on fights on their own terms and play to their strengths.

No one ever said a DMR needed stun to be effective. They just need to stay away from SMGs.

Stun is for when you get cornered, not so you can run n gun in CQC against flankers.

runs around spamming Sombra “boop” voiceline

1 Like

We already are in a state where too much cc exists.
It’s a simple thing at this point: Add some characters with anti cc skills and it’s kinda balanced again.
I mean… sure cleanse effects are strong, but u can just let some cleanses delete very specific kind of cc’s and it’s done. More diversity for new support character who can delete 1-2 cc effects or give a small buff to protect from incoming cc also is something i guess.

We have Bastion for that

agreed that there is far too much cc in the game, and not nearly enough defense and/or cleansing of cc.

I have suggested Invigorate as a alternate power for Mercy to help combat this

1 Like

If they didn’t rework Symmetra to a crappy dps she could’ve been some support with a cleanse skill too honestly

I disagree.

I strongly disagree.

I think this would only be more unhealthy for the game.

Some heroes depends on stuns and knockbacks to be viable, and losing or lessen that would affect them too much.

• What is a Roadhog without hook?
  • What is a Mei without Freeze?
  • What is a Lucio without boop?

CC are what makes the heroes strong in close range, because most, if not all of them, aren’t good at long range fights.

Also, having a reduction or a nullification would not only mean that it’s a nerf to those who rely on it, but it would also remove a weakness of some other heroes. It would be a massive indirect buff for them.

• Genji’s Dragonblade would be unstoppable.
  • Hammond can keep spinning.
  • Tracer will become more difficult to deal with because anti-flankers can’t put her (and Genji) to a halt anymore.
  • The only counterplay to Reinhardt’s shield would be destroying it.

How is that balanced?

Well, Zarya already can prevent CC and cleanse debuffs with her bubbles.

I have said it before and I will say it again:

I think the amount of stuns and knockbacks has reach the threshold and that Blizzard shouldn’t add more CC in the game with the next few heroes.

1 Like

But don’t get me wrong though.
It’s not like it can’t work.

I think that if they were going to add anti-CC or a cleanser, then it should have a high risk or limitations as well.

So I think it can work, but it needs to be handled properly. I would do it as follow:

• The caster has to be close to apply anti CC.
  • The caster shouldn’t have mobility or invulnerability, making it a high risk ability in close fights.
  • The anti-CC works 1 time. The second cc isn’t blocked anymore.
  • I would give it to an off-healer. Not a main healer or a dps/support hybrid, but more like a utility healer.

There. Now it can have a normal cooldown and not be too oppressive and too strong anymore. This is how I would add anti-CC in Overwatch

Like u said it urself: they’re based on the cc. Yes, sure they are but i never said that cleanse should negate simply every cc state. Read correctly in the first place before u cry about it.
Supports are exactly made for improving and buffing ur mates while keep them alive - so what use do they have if none of them can do anything else except healing or simply buffing some damage?
U said Zarya can do such things too and she is no problem at all for exactly the same thing. It’s not wrong to add 1 or maximum 2 heroes with an equal skill in the whole kit with the current amount of cc.

I think it’s fun. I prefer it now with more barriers and cc than back with it was mostly just a DPS fest. Having more ways to control the battle and win fight than just clicking on heads makes for a more interesting game, in my opinion anyway.

exactly that’s why i said: if they didn’t turn Symmetra into a stupid dps hero - she could’ve get a support focused rework and get such a skill.

A cleanse removes only debuffs.

You were talking about anti-CC.

CC refers to debuffs, knockbacks and stuns.

So…

I’m not against it.
I just said that it needs to be handled correctly. Otherwise will it just become unhealthy for the game.

But the thing is that Symmetra was always being played as a (defense) character, even when she was still 1.0.

Sure, they could’ve made her more like a support hero, but they didn’t.

1 Like