Game freezing with Intel i3 / Dual core CPUs

I have a GTX1060 and I get a consistent 60 fps while able to run the game at high graphics settings. (I have tried lowering my graphics setting as well, the random freezing didn’t stop)

Okay, then what about freeze problem?

Not everyone in this thread has the same issue. It was to alert others.

1 Like

No idea what the status is on that. See above comment.

if I recall no one here has reported an alt tab issue, the majority of users have reported the same issue in this thread, their game freezing when their CPU usage hits 100%

1 Like

On the compatible cards list (updated 3 days ago) says the GeForce 800M series is compatible with minimun requirements and the 940mx is better than that one. How do I get to play a few matches at 100 fps if my gpu falls below requirements? There must be a way for Blizzard to fix this

1 Like

Crashes and freezing are considered interchangeable terms. Again, the post was to alert some who reported a specific thing.

The table and support doc appear to be out of date, despite the “last updated” date on the page. Those requirements all fall in line for Overwatch 1. Integrated GPUs don’t meet Overwatch 2 requirements.

And since I know someone will mention it, that doesn’t mean you cannot get the game to load or play. It just means Blizzard isn’t catering the game to those GPUs and isn’t responsible if they stop working after a patch at some point.

2 Likes

yeah, i mean i think the main problem of this post is freezing while we are playing… let’s see if they fix it

Maybe you don’t understand what our mistake looks like, watch this video ( OVERWATCH FREEEZE HELP - YouTube )

7 Likes

Thanks for your answers Nicole. I wasn’t supposed to run OW 1 in the first place with the 940mx and I played smoothly for 4 years or so. I was hopping It would be the same with OW2 as well. I’m poor, from LATAM, and cannot afford a new PC/Laptop. This is the end for me then. Good luck to everyone else…it was a good run.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t put too much weight on this. Minimum Rec is always higher then the actual Minimum just that it’s better for people to go “Woah! I’m less but can still run it!!” then “Wtf I’m minimum and I still can’t run.” The only downside is if there’s an issue specifically because of your specs then you are doomed. Chances are that whatever the fix for this freezing thing is will fix it for you too.

4 Likes

Let’s see, it was obvious that with the new overwatch the minimum requirements were going to increase. Therefore, Blizzard must focus on the new requirements. What happens to hardware older than the minimum won’t matter. Also, I’m sure when they fix the freezing issue, it will fix it for everyone, both new and old hardware so it doesn’t matter in the end. The only important thing is that they solve that problem.

1 Like

the fact that the issue we’re all having also happens to those with higher end CPUs, I don’t think it’s too much of a old cpu issue, we’re able to play the game fine until it crashes

3 Likes

Just let them fix it, when they fix it all of us won’t have the problem anymore. Just as we all had the problem at the beginning, we will also stop having it at the same time. It doesn’t matter if we are the ones who are within the new requirements or not.

Eh!? My Pentium G4560 was more than capable of running Overwatch 1 before, why can’t it run OW2 without it creating its share of problems?

Guess I’m stuck playing on the Switch until I get a new processor in… :sob:

3 Likes

Hey! I’m sorry does Intel® Pentium® Gold G5400 Processor (4M Cache, 3.70 GHz) meet the requirement, because I’ve been running OW2 smoothly with 120fps minus the freeze thanksss!!!

apparently Pentiums dont meet the “minimum” requirements, but we can 100% play the game don’t worry about it

But that thing run wayyyyyyyyyyy better than the minimum requirement that blizzard provided us

Don’t waste your money just for playing this game, G4560 is perfectly capable to run this, it’s just that they won’t “support” the processors in case something happens to the game, but this is not only Pentiums problem, it’s a lot more having the same problem.

They claim to not be responsible for them, when their min requirement is a i3 from the stone ages.

4 Likes